COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News YGs response to Blinks demanding better treatment for Blackpink (1 Viewer)

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I am just glad Blinks did something

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I guess they had to finally answer. Video truck protest in front of the building, I gotta applaud blinks for the creativity.

They aren't rly acknowledging any of the issues though. They are just giving excuse with the touring. Yes touring is thing that takes time and that artists do, but in kpop you need to do more than that to stay relevant and YG failed this year. Blackpink had great start and momentum, but then was put into backburner.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
"Yes. Blackpink is a group under our company. Glad we had this discussion"

–YG Entertainment​

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
I guess they had to finally answer. Video truck protest in front of the building, I gotta applaud blinks for the creativity.

They aren't rly acknowledging any of the issues though. They are just giving excuse with the touring. Yes touring is thing that takes time and that artists do, but in kpop you need to do more than that to stay relevant and YG failed this year. Blackpink had great start and momentum, but then was put into backburner.
But reading other forums blinks statements n opinions, it seems to me like this YG ig is saying there'll definitely comeback in early 2020-which is more than wat YGE has said all year long, IIRC only shareholder statement was tat this year wouldn't hv their comeback n tat was awhile ago. If YGE don't give BP early 2020 cb(which could still be as late as june 2020), shareholders might riot n sell their shares. Also they might otherwise concentrate on BB/GD/bg solos only.

This at least is a small crumb of sth, more than anything from YGE itself this year.

I'm still hoping for Rosé solo followed by Jisoo n Lisa but tat might never even happen now. :umjicry: :nekopout:
(At least as long as they're still in YGE.)

{guess I'll be your huckleberry clown for believing YGE's [latest] promise of early 2020 comeback}

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
But reading other forums blinks statements n opinions, it seems to me like this YG ig is saying there'll definitely comeback in early 2020-which is more than wat YGE has said all year long, IIRC only shareholder statement was tat this year wouldn't hv their comeback n tat was awhile ago. If YGE don't give BP early 2020 cb(which could still be as late as june 2020), shareholders might riot n sell their shares. Also they might otherwise concentrate on BB/GD/bg solos only.

This at least is a small crumb of sth, more than anything from YGE itself this year.

I'm still hoping for Rosé solo followed by Jisoo n Lisa but tat might never even happen now. :umjicry: :nekopout:
(At least as long as they're still in YGE.)

{guess I'll be your huckleberry clown for believing YGE's [latest] promise of early 2020 comeback}
If it was quaranteed early comeback I'd agree yes, but YG is great postponing stuff so for me early 2020 is just well statement. It might happen, but also might not. With YG, you shouldn't expect comeback until you see the date :jisoosmh:

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
If it was quaranteed early comeback I'd agree yes, but YG is great postponing stuff so for me early 2020 is just well statement. It might happen, but also might not. With YG, you shouldn't expect comeback until you see the date :jisoosmh:
I've only started liking them n solo stanning Rose since Don't Know wat to Do. Reading bk their(YG/YGE) promises n statements, IIRC they never stated any timeline before(if im wrong im sorry n apologies.)

So this early 2020 timeline is somewat more concrete than wat I remember from them, e.g. Four solos begining w/Jennie etc. had no timeline so they could take ten years or never even happen. (IIRC)

So I'll be one of the clowns waiting since I don't hv the long history of other blinks waiting n disappointment,(goes w/my hope for SNSD comebacks n Jessica's full album comeback.) I'm already setting myself up for waiting for them, wats another long wait. I'm not a multi stan who accumulates new groups to stan, I stan SNSD n Jessica n add new groups that I like such as BP, Gfriend, Somi n maybe Everglow. I'll casually listen/watch other ggs but I don't add to my liked/stan/bias list easily. Even Twice n RV whose songs I listened/watched more than Everglow , I casually listen n watch only but I'm somehow more invested (feelings-wise) in Everglow from just one song; same happened w/BP. So im stuck. No turning back.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I've only started liking them n solo stanning Rose since Don't Know wat to Do. Reading bk their(YG/YGE) promises n statements, IIRC they never stated any timeline before(if im wrong im sorry n apologies.)

So this early 2020 timeline is somewat more concrete than wat I remember from them, e.g. Four solos begining w/Jennie etc. had no timeline so they could take ten years or never even happen. (IIRC)

So I'll be one of the clowns waiting since I don't hv the long history of other blinks waiting n disappointment,(goes w/my hope for SNSD comebacks n Jessica's full album comeback.) I'm already setting myself up for waiting for them, wats another long wait. I'm not a multi stan who accumulates new groups to stan, I stan SNSD n Jessica n add new groups that I like such as BP, Gfriend, Somi n maybe Everglow. I'll casually listen/watch other ggs but I don't add to my liked/stan/bias list easily. Even Twice n RV whose songs I listened/watched more than Everglow , I casually listen n watch only but I'm somehow more invested (feelings-wise) in Everglow from just one song; same happened w/BP. So im stuck. No turning back.
I haven't played that close attention to promises towards BP's comebacks so I don't really have stats on that.

In terms what I remember with 2NE1 and Big Bang, especially with 2NE1 they ended up postponing a lot that was promised and also usually cutting it half as well. Postponing in general is rly common with YG, if they state month, season or year it will usually come up bit later than was first stated. But i guess technically early 2020 can still mean June so I guess summer comeback might happen :jisoosmh:

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
bitch this was me when yg promised . a 2ne1 comeback and look where we at now
I wasn't really into kpop (tho I knew abt/dipped my toes into kpop ) before mid-2018.

This science-fiction centred website

clued me in to 2ne1 but I dint get into them at all, then or later.

Dint think of them BB/2NE1 (before my time) when thinking of YG promises.

I feel for you n blueberries regarding BB/2NE1 but I can't stop myself from waiting, just like maybe you couldn't either before.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I wasn't really into kpop (tho I knew abt/dipped my toes into kpop ) before mid-2018.

This science-fiction centred website

clued me in to 2ne1 but I dint get into them at all, then or later.

Dint think of them BB/2NE1 (before my time) when thinking of YG promises.

I feel for you n blueberries regarding BB/2NE1 but I can't stop myself from waiting, just like maybe you couldn't either before.
If you want a Blackpink related example of YG lying well they were announced to be making their 2018 January alongside iKon which ofc then didn't come until June.

As well the comeback time stated at the 4th quaterly meeting was for this year so since then it's already been pushed back to early next year and Jennie said herself this month that there's basically no plans

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
So basically "We already have enough songs to tour till they collapse, so chill guys"

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
If you want a Blackpink related example of YG lying well they were announced to be making their 2018 January alongside iKon which ofc then didn't come until June.

As well the comeback time stated at the 4th quaterly meeting was for this year so since then it's already been pushed back to early next year and Jennie said herself this month that there's basically no plans

YG said: 🔥🔥🔥
Yeah, this is the truth, I'll listen to Sunbae kiseki n blueberries then. Mianhae. I dint know any better before this. (Other threads I read the last while abt possible BP cb this year {not on KS, elseweb} dint hv long term BB/2NE1 stans like here to inform abt past YG promises being broken, so I was hopeful-Hope ur satisfied I feel so much less optimistic now(jk).

We'll see how long it takes then. :sanapray:

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
More advertisements going up tomorrow as well. Different than the truck but still obnoxious.

It only took 2 hours for blinks to raise the money for these advertisements which was coordinated by only 1 fanbase. Imagine what we can do when we really set our mind too it

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yeah, this is the truth, I'll listen to Sunbae kiseki n blueberries then. Mianhae. I dint know any better before this. (Other threads I read the last while abt possible BP cb this year {not on KS, elseweb} dint hv long term BB/2NE1 stans like here to inform abt past YG promises being broken, so I was hopeful-Hope ur satisfied I feel so much less optimistic now(jk).

We'll see how long it takes then. :sanapray:
I think the best tactic is not to expect until YG releases the date, anything before is guideline of plans :jisoosmh: And finally when u have date, anticipate quality :sanapray:

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
I think the best tactic is not to expect until YG releases the date, anything before is guideline of plans :jisoosmh: And finally when u have date, anticipate quality :sanapray:
OK. I'll try.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread