COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

What does music mean to you? ♪ (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
What is your story with music? Why do you enjoy it?

I think a lot of people enjoy music as entertainment, but to me music is the hero who kept me alive for a long time. People always say "if you didn't listen to sad music, you wouldn't be sad" but actually music has been the friend who resembles me and understands me when no one else does. I thought to myself that someone wrote those lyrics, feeling that way so hey I'm not alone and there are so many people listening to that same song as me too... Like other types of art, music makes me feel like there's meaning and inspires me to see beauty in the ugliness. It also makes me want to keep writing, keep creating.. :)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
It's what helps me endure during the day to be honest. It invokes happy feelings, even though it's ballad or a sad song I still listen to it because it lifts my mood. Also, k-pop is very good as a motivator for cleaning your house.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
taeyeon♡
Ship
Wreck
Music is like a place where I can put my mind on pause, and it's hard to find many things which do that for me
I really enjoy the music I like and music is that to me, it's meant to be enjoyed in the good times and bad
Whether it's Kpop, rnb, rap, ballads, pop, lofi, instrumental, there's something for every mood

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Music for me is past of time as well as fuel of imagination and thoughts. I listen lot of music through the day and I actually get really bored in many occasion if I don't have my earbuds on, if I'm walking or travelling any distance I will need my phone with youtube playlist with me ^^;

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Music's a distraction for me. Sometimes too much of a distraction and I forget to do w/e I was supposed to, but most of the time it's a nice escape from the boredom.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Wreck
Something I can appreciate. Like OP said, it has meaning and purpose.

Tickita

♦️🍰♥️
Reactions Received
Website
tickittaa.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
Constant.
It's my focus and regulation.
My rest and activity.
A chance to hear the brilliance of many people around the world.
Music breaks down creative blocks. Pulls on the heartstrings. Gives you the right words for your situations or moods.
It scratches my brain, tightens my chest.
I start and end the day with my favorite genres. Maybe throughout the day an app or a friend expands my library with more bops.
Sometimes I feel like music is infinite. It excites me knowing that, next year or season, I could be listening to something completely different. I think yes, this song will be my #1 for the year. Only to be caught replaying something else later.
If everything else changes, my love for music never will.

BlackpinkINSync

༺✮•°◤ 𝙀𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙖𝙣 ◥°•✮༻
Reactions Received
Website
www.ancestry.com
KS Coins
Fandom
𓂀 𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂 𓂀
Pronouns
𝙝𝙚/𝙝𝙞𝙢
It means I am alive each day and not doing stupid life choices

Soogi

radical kyeominist
Reactions Received
Website
kyeomblr.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
KYEOM CULT
Pronouns
she / her
Ship
music is like an emotion regulator for me, i dont attach a deeper meaning beyond that to it though. when im sad it can lift my spirits a bit, when im angry it can calm me down, when im overstimulated or hyper it can bring me down to earth. and its just fun

Last edited:

BlackpinkINSync

༺✮•°◤ 𝙀𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙖𝙣 ◥°•✮༻
Reactions Received
Website
www.ancestry.com
KS Coins
Fandom
𓂀 𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂 𓂀
Pronouns
𝙝𝙚/𝙝𝙞𝙢
I wish kodoku was still around sad face

Hoemantic

☆ ☆ ☆
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
he/him
I simply cannot live without music. I will go blind first before I go deaf, if I was given the choice to choose between the two. It's entertainment, it's my motivation but also my escape. It allows me to be elsewhere mentally and to daydream. It's corny but music was there during my darkest years, my only friend, and I'm grateful for it everyday. I also love how music give this sense of community, I love nothing more than bonding with someone over music.

BlueBelle320

fka sunghooked
Reactions Received
Website
www.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
multi
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Music is everything! Without music, idk where I'd be today. On one hand, schoolgirl me would be better off bc she wouldn't be so obsessed with music and prone to fandom-induced bullying lol, but on the other, I'd probably be even more depressive and anxious than I already am. ig the latter kinda relates to what @Soogi said about music being a mood booster.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread