COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Tell Me Your Unpopular Opinions (1 Viewer)

Panda

a panda just trying to chill
Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
i-fans are full of themselves sometimes

yeah.... they really are... it's crazy how entitled they feel sometimes tbh.

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
bts have a great message and are talented, but i wish people would stop acting as if bts are saviors, the only group in k-pop or the only group that matters, the most important, etc. they wouldn't be here today without their sunbaenims paving the way for k-pop but people like to forget that. i love bts sm but they aren't the greatest group in k-pop.

Yes, I agree! The beauty of Kpop is that it's made up of so so so many groups, having one group shine with the rest being deemed "unimportant" is exactly for the American industry works which is what I personally absolutely hated about it! Kpop is a system. A system that if not all groups existed would fail altogether. There's a reason why Kpop fans are more attached to their groups than other fans are. It's cause once we find a group we like, we really like them. In the American industry, it's more like "here's the popular group, no other options, sorry." People need to start seeing that other groups are just as amazing and sometimes even better and sometimes worse, let's be real than BTS.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
if youre that offended probably means youre insecure about your own h
I mean if I got discriminated against for wearing that hairstyle and pushed by the social structures of slavery to behave and conform then if I was offended I would have a reason to be insecure but yall ain't ready for that conversation.
IMG_20190712_172903.jpg

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
girl group dances are, technically speaking, harder than boy group dances and girl group main dancers are just as talented as boy group main dancers. girls can dance. :)

Yes! I agree! But!!!! I feel like Kpop companies just give girls such powerless choreographies that could be way better. Not saying the girls can't handle it, cause they most definitely can, but I feel like companies are trying to maintain that pure concept that isn't allowing them to have harder dances...

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Just because you don't like a song doesnt mean it's bad and vice versa

Yes, it's as simple as that. 100%.

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
honestly just stop including the n word in songs/raps etc. if u dont want other people to sing along to it. idk just hard not to say the word when its included in a catchy song

You mean in English songs, right? I agree. It's so weird when artists get upset about people who aren't black to say the n word when it's part of the song. I honestly don't get the logic behind it: "I want to have fans from all races, no discrimination. But don't sing my full lyrics if you aren't black"???? I don't get it. I really don't...

Though I'm also of the opinion that the usage of the n-word should be stopped altogether by all races. So maybe I'm weird.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
honestly just stop including the n word in songs/raps etc. if u dont want other people to sing along to it. idk just hard not to say the word when its included in a catchy song

You mean in English songs, right? I agree. It's so weird when artists get upset about people who aren't black to say the n word when it's part of the song. I honestly don't get the logic behind it: "I want to have fans from all races, no discrimination. But don't sing my full lyrics if you aren't black"???? I don't get it. I really don't...

Though I'm also of the opinion that the usage of the n-word should be stopped altogether by all races. So maybe I'm weird.
No you're not weird. It's a weird double standard that I still don't know why exists.
IMG_20190719_183019.jpg

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
i want to but i have so many and im busy I'll say one though

interantional countries should not be expected to know and cater to african AMERICAN history

I have only even seen one black person in my whole life and my english speaking is so bad i was way to nervous to speak to them, so how will i know all about african issues especially because african american culture verses the many many cultures of the different coutnries all through out africa.... I'm supposed to know everuthing about all of them?

plus one misstep like chenle's where nothing rude was even said and maybe it was a little bit poking fun, but it was poking fun at chenle, considering the colour of the hair as well (pink the same coour of fish and that sort of thing, like a fired octopus) not at the hair syl culture or people and everyones are already cancelling nct dream and calling them disgusting. If i ever saw another african person now, even if my english as better, i'd be too nervous anyway because what if i offend the person and make a bad first impression of all chinese to this person just because i stepped the wrong way or misheard the and thought they were done speaking and am now the rude chinese who hates black people because interrupted on accident.. south korea already hates chinese, i don't need to make all of africa and america hate us too.

Plus as I've said before if you look at english song lyrics translations sometimes they will translate the n word as 'bro' and might say its a curse word, but there is no explination if they even tell that its a curse word at all. Black face and that kind of shit is obviously terrible, even if you aren't educated in american issues and don't know why its so bad, its clearly not good. im not making excuses for that so blatant one but a lot of the more subtle issues or the language issues, if you don't speak english, aren't even ever hearing of these things (so its not like you can search it up, cause you don't know what to even search up) theres no way you can know
I honestly agree. In America, the closest you get to learn about Korean history is the Korean War and that's only because the US took part in it. What makes people expect that in Korea or even China, they would be learning about African-American history? It's honestly non-sense. But, dare someone do something, they get scolded endlessly, it's insane. People like them need to understand that the world does not revolve around America or even Africa. Most of these people rarely encounter a situation where they have to know these types of things. Of course, what happens to African-Americans is horrible, I cannot deny that. But to put blame on people who are so young and most likely unaware of that is cruel as well.

Another crazy aspect of this is that many many international fans are disregarding Korean history but then get upset over American issues. Like, so many fans will say that Korea needs to move on from the Japanese issues but then reinforce that American history cannot be forgotten. That's just so selfish, disrespectful, and disgusting to expect that of a nation and their people.

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
It is astounding that they are SO ignorant to a subculture that puts money into their pocket. 🙄😔 It is no secret that black artists and creators are behind many diff kpop songs, and they can't even try and use their smart phone to not be problematic! From: E*m*

I'm from Canada and even I know this From: E*m*

I agree to say that we need to say where credit is due. Hiphop and rock especially. I just don't think that they are that aware or as aware as we would like them to be. To cancel someone's career over something like this is a bit too much though. NCT Dream are young too, and we have no idea on how educated they are in regards to topics such African history. Plus, Canada isn't that far from the States ^^'

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
No you're not weird. It's a weird double standard that I still don't know why exists.
IMG_20190719_183019.jpg
I'm honestly glad we share that opinion lmao

Reactions Received
KS Coins
It is astounding that they are SO ignorant to a subculture that puts money into their pocket. 🙄😔 It is no secret that black artists and creators are behind many diff kpop songs, and they can't even try and use their smart phone to not be problematic! From: E*m*

I'm from Canada and even I know this From: E*m*

I agree to say that we need to say where credit is due. Hiphop and rock especially. I just don't think that they are that aware or as aware as we would like them to be. To cancel someone's career over something like this is a bit too much though. NCT Dream are young too, and we have no idea on how educated they are in regards to topics such African history. Plus, Canada isn't that far from the States ^^'
RnB too

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I WAS TRYING TO REMEMBER THE THIRD ONE LMAO. THIS IS EMBARRASING

I can't believe I remembered rock but not rnb

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm honestly glad we share that opinion lmao
Lol I'm more reasonable than I seem. I agree with what you said about the Korean and Japan feud too. I've had an ex friend degrade Korean history because their favorite boy group was from Japan while @ the same time going on SJW rants on twt complaining about how ignorant people are of American history lolol

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Lol I'm more reasonable than I seem. I agree with what you said about the Korean and Japan feud too. I've had an ex friend degrade Korean history because their favorite boy group was from Japan while @ the same time going on SJW rants on twt complaining about how ignorant people are of American history lolol
Lmao, I realized that!
People like your ex friend honestly don't make sense to me :wimwim:

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
JYP is already ruining Itzy

... I disagree? I haven't paid much attention to them, but they are a talented group. Regardless, I would never say anything about the potential of a group until their first year passed

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Irene isn’t pretty

I disagree. She isn't the most beautiful idol, but she's really pretty.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
i want to but i have so many and im busy I'll say one though

interantional countries should not be expected to know and cater to african AMERICAN history

I have only even seen one black person in my whole life and my english speaking is so bad i was way to nervous to speak to them, so how will i know all about african issues especially because african american culture verses the many many cultures of the different coutnries all through out africa.... I'm supposed to know everuthing about all of them?

plus one misstep like chenle's where nothing rude was even said and maybe it was a little bit poking fun, but it was poking fun at chenle, considering the colour of the hair as well (pink the same coour of fish and that sort of thing, like a fired octopus) not at the hair syl culture or people and everyones are already cancelling nct dream and calling them disgusting. If i ever saw another african person now, even if my english as better, i'd be too nervous anyway because what if i offend the person and make a bad first impression of all chinese to this person just because i stepped the wrong way or misheard the and thought they were done speaking and am now the rude chinese who hates black people because interrupted on accident.. south korea already hates chinese, i don't need to make all of africa and america hate us too.

Plus as I've said before if you look at english song lyrics translations sometimes they will translate the n word as 'bro' and might say its a curse word, but there is no explination if they even tell that its a curse word at all. Black face and that kind of shit is obviously terrible, even if you aren't educated in american issues and don't know why its so bad, its clearly not good. im not making excuses for that so blatant one but a lot of the more subtle issues or the language issues, if you don't speak english, aren't even ever hearing of these things (so its not like you can search it up, cause you don't know what to even search up) theres no way you can know

Some of this could've been worded better because it comes off very anti black to me..
:welp:
i dont want to tell people if they can be offended or not but not everyone knows about american history and should not be expected to. if youre that offended probably means youre insecure about your own hairstyle and maybe try getting over that first before "canceling" people.

I-
:welp:

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
In America, the closest you get to learn about Korean history is the Korean War and that's only because the US took part in it
I had to take an Advance Placement US History class just to learn a little bit about the Korean War

Even in "World History" our curriculum is painfully Eurocentric

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Irene is overrated

Again, this is a yes or no? Kinda thing.

Overrated in terms of what? Talent and being an idol? Yeah I can see that.

Looking beautiful? No. She’s pretty.

Now if you’re saying that she shouldn’t be this popular because of her beauty.... well SK and Kpop in a nutshell is that talent and performance apparently doesn’t really matter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread