COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Tell Me Your Unpopular Opinions (1 Viewer)

Panda

a panda just trying to chill
Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
And I will tell you whether I agree or disagree with it, and why I think that...

Maybe this is way back in the trend, but oh well, I'm not active enough anyways lmao

Also, don't use this to hate on a group lmao. We can all positive and nicely state our unpopular opinions here

Here's the link for an anonymous submission

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I think BTS has stunted in their growth. They could have been so much more, but they became popular to fast. They're still good, but I think they could be better.

I partly agree. I do think that BTS has amazing potential that goes beyond what they are doing right now. For me personally, musically they have stunted since the LY series, but maybe I'm saying this cause it wasn't my cup of tea. The nice thing with BTS back in the day was the variety that came with their story plot. War of Hormone is different from I Need U which is different from Blood, Sweat, & Tears, but although they were all different, it all fit together very well to the messages for each song. Everything the LY series sounds very similar with the exception of Fake Love which really wasn't that different.

Regardless, BTS is gonna continue to become huge. Even more than they are now. Maybe, we can see growth happening later on.

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Kevin Moon should become Cre.ker CEO

I hope I'm correct with this, but Kevin is part of the boyz, right?

But, sure, I agree :sanapray:

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
International fans are more toxic than kfans

With this... I feel like it would depend on the fandom?

I can see international Exo-L be kinder than Korean Exo-L, but then according to someone I know, Korean Loves are nicer than international Loves or something like that.

But what I find more concerning tbh is that I constantly see instances of Korean fans being abusive towards international fans???

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Both JBJ & Wanna One had good songs, but I think JBJ was a stronger group.

Ohhh, idk man, I disagree cause I didn't like W1 songs personally. But I can't say anything else.

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I hate to admit it but talent just doesn't matter in kpop, star quality matters more

Nothing is more true. If Kpop was about talent, our top stars would be very different people and groups. I feel like talent matters in other genres like K-Indie wayyyy more.

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Idols like Luna will never make it because she just doesn't have *it*

Sadly yes. Sulli and Krystal have a better chance of making it tbh, which is honestly sad cause Luna has so much potential

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
While other idols lacking in skills (not to say they're talentless), Sumni, Hyuna etc will succeed regardless because they're really charming and just have *it*

I personally hate to admit it, cause I absolutely love Hyuna, but yeah, there isn't much talent there ^^'. Though with Sunmi and Hyuna both, I don't think it's the *it* they have, but the fact that they have enough confidence to do something that's out of the window. Both of them have that weird and confident aspect that gains a lot of attention. I see the same thing for Sulli but in a more extreme way.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
i want to but i have so many and im busy I'll say one though

interantional countries should not be expected to know and cater to african AMERICAN history

I have only even seen one black person in my whole life and my english speaking is so bad i was way to nervous to speak to them, so how will i know all about african issues especially because african american culture verses the many many cultures of the different coutnries all through out africa.... I'm supposed to know everuthing about all of them?

plus one misstep like chenle's where nothing rude was even said and maybe it was a little bit poking fun, but it was poking fun at chenle, considering the colour of the hair as well (pink the same coour of fish and that sort of thing, like a fired octopus) not at the hair syl culture or people and everyones are already cancelling nct dream and calling them disgusting. If i ever saw another african person now, even if my english as better, i'd be too nervous anyway because what if i offend the person and make a bad first impression of all chinese to this person just because i stepped the wrong way or misheard the and thought they were done speaking and am now the rude chinese who hates black people because interrupted on accident.. south korea already hates chinese, i don't need to make all of africa and america hate us too.

Plus as I've said before if you look at english song lyrics translations sometimes they will translate the n word as 'bro' and might say its a curse word, but there is no explination if they even tell that its a curse word at all. Black face and that kind of shit is obviously terrible, even if you aren't educated in american issues and don't know why its so bad, its clearly not good. im not making excuses for that so blatant one but a lot of the more subtle issues or the language issues, if you don't speak english, aren't even ever hearing of these things (so its not like you can search it up, cause you don't know what to even search up) theres no way you can know
wow i could not agree more. i havent even listened to any of nct dream's songs let alone stan them. i dont want to tell people if they can be offended or not but not everyone knows about american history and should not be expected to. sure theyre celebrities and we have internet but does american celebs know about other countries' culture and history? doubt it case in point with ariana grande and her tattoo. besides people act like asians havent been mistreated forever in american media. doesnt mean its okay for idols to discriminate against black people or other races tho. just pointing out the double standard. chenle was just making fun of his friend's hair. if youre that offended probably means youre insecure about your own hairstyle and maybe try getting over that first before "canceling" people.

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I think that people should stop making such a big deal about male idols enlisting. Like yes, it is sad to see them leave but overall it is their duty as Korean citizens, and we shouldn't make them feel bad by saying we won't be able to live without them or something like that. People should just keep supporting them nonetheless and await their return respectfully!

I honestly agree. Personally, I don't like the concept of mandatory military enlistment, especially since not everyone is meant to the in the military. However, if that is the norm in the nation, then we really have to respect it and let them do their time. On the other hand, shaming idols for not going shouldn't be accepted either. I see too many male idols come into fire for not going because of medical reasons which is also unacceptable.

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
For a Christian company, FNC sure has a lot of rapists and sex offenders

I literally know nothing about that ^^'

Reactions Received
KS Coins
f i ever saw another african person now, even if my english as better, i'd be too nervous anyway because what if i offend the person and make a bad first impression of all chinese to this person just because i stepped the wrong way or misheard the and thought they were done speaking and am now the rude chinese who hates black people because interrupted on accident.. south korea already hates chinese, i don't need to make all of africa and america hate us too.
South Korea has deep tensions with China because of historical reasons. Black people face racism from day to day and if you see one in China then theyve most likely interacted with plenty of other Chinese people. To have already made up their decision about them.

It's nice that you care for how others feel but I think instead of being scared you should try to interact with them normally. It feels like you're being isolated when you go to a different country and people won't interact with you based off of your looks. Imo that makes people form an even worse opinion.

I agree with what you said since you live in China theres no need to focus on black issues. Chinese and asians are the majority and people visiting your country should understand your customs

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Do you think the person who licked ice cream at a grocery store really deserves 20 years of jail time?

Not 20 years... that's honestly ridiculous. I do think that they deserve like 3+ years though. This is a serious health hazard after all. Also, they need some time in a mental facility... just saying.

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Red Velvet's discography is on a sharp decline, even the bsides

Oh yeah, I agree... It's being going downhill and idk why tbh... maybe SM is losing interest in them..

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
SM is racist

Yes and no? Yes, it's clear that they treat their foreign artists like crap. But also, they were one of the firsts (if not the first?) to bring foreign idols into Kpop.. so maybe not so much?

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I wish bgs wearing shorts happen much more often. God bless those A.C.E - Cactus outfits!

It's not my cup of tea lmao, but if girls can show nice thigh, then why can't guys? ^^

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Not sure if this is unpopular but, not every group needs a rapper.

OMG YES. 100% AGREE. I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR AGES. RAP RUINS SO MANY KPOP SONGS IT'S RIDICULOUS.

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
@MonCherry should be allowed to bully all the users :queen:

Royalty our actual admin can do whatever they want :pandalove:

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
X1 will be roty not TXT

I honestly thought it was gonna be AB6IX... ^^'

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I never got the 2NE1 hype, they never had anything pleasant in my opinion their songs were so weird and the visuals ... couldn't like their personalities too, I am not hating it just i never got all the hype for this group and they are not really that legendary at all it's one of the few groups I can't think of any song i like i was never much of a yg fan but i could get some hype over BB and other groups but this in particular no it's not like i hate them i just never understood sorry if this is offensive for real

Well, obviously I'm going to disagree as someone whose one of their first fandoms was Blackjack. They were just different from the other groups at the time, so it's understandable that they were hyped up. Songs like "I am the Best" and "Lonely" touch on feelings that are difficult to describe and everything just fit so well with them :') I miss them :')))))

But it's completely okay if you don't personally feel the same ^^

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread