COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Group [OFFICIAL] DREAMCATCHER 드림캐쳐 Thread (4 Viewers)

Who is your Dreamcatcher bias?

• JiU

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • SuA

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Siyeon

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Handong

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Yoohyeon

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Dami

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • Gahyeon

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • OT7

Votes: 15 17.0%

• Total voters

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Dreamcatcher @ MBC Show Champion

'Scream'

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Dreamcatcher @ Mnet M Countdown

'Scream'

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Social Media Update...

Yoohyeon & JiU

:pikahappy:

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Dreamcatcher @ KBS Music Bank

'Scream'

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master

Dreamcatcher @ MBC Show Music Core

'Scream'

Reactions Received
Website
wholefull.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Hello All! I've been aware of Dreamcatcher for quite some time, but I discovered Scream last week and was super entbralled. So now I'm here, as a fan. My bias right now is Siyeon...who knows who it will be in future. Actually she's kind in the process of becoming my ult :ilovebread:
I've spent the entire today trying to catch up with all their promotional videos and vlogs from this era.

The only thing i'm still kind of confused about is the story line? I get the first 3 releases were about being trapped in a nightmare/and or being a nightmare because of a spider's curse, but what happened in Piri? What was Alone in the City about?
But yeah I'm excited to be an insomnia!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
Hello All! I've been aware of Dreamcatcher for quite some time, but I discovered Scream last week and was super entbralled. So now I'm here, as a fan. My bias right now is Siyeon...who knows who it will be in future. Actually she's kind in the process of becoming my ult :ilovebread:
I've spent the entire today trying to catch up with all their promotional videos and vlogs from this era.

The only thing i'm still kind of confused about is the story line? I get the first 3 releases were about being trapped in a nightmare/and or being a nightmare because of a spider's curse, but what happened in Piri? What was Alone in the City about?
Welcome to the fandom! :maheart:
The storyline to the MV's go Fly High (Prequel), You and I, Chase Me (Debut), Good Night, What, Breaking Out (Japanese) and then Piri.

Piri is the end of the nightmare and Fly High is the beginning of the Nightmare.

Alone in the city is the mini-album that has 'What' in it.

Raid of Dream mini-album which has Deja Vu in it was a special album but I also think it's apart of the new story that is being told but I am not 100% sure.

Scream is apart of the new story now and will be continued.

As for Endless Night (New Japanese comeback), I don't know if that's apart of the new story or not.

Have you watched all of the covers and special clips, etc yet?

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master

Weclome to the thread!

I'll add you to the InSomnia taglist.

So the MV's for the Nightmare series were released out of order.

The short version of the story is that it's about a curse (due to the spider that Yoohyeon killed in their mansion they were living in together) and them being trapped in a nightmare. Being spirits in the nightmare world they were hunted (by that guy that shows up in a couple of videos), but the members, except Yoohyeon, managed to escape. The members then eventually freed Yoohyeon, whilst tricking the hunter to avoid being captured...

'Piri' and 'What' were indeed different in style to the other Nightmare series MVs, but both reference the Nightmare story. Both MVs take an alternate look at the members in a different reality. 'Piri' being more of a deep dream approach with the members confused about their surroundings and 'What' showing the members lost in the City with scenes of Yoohyeon having trouble sleeping as she is still trapped in the Nightmare due to the Spider. JiU is seen staring at Yoohyeon who is on the roof as JiU really wants to find Yoohyeon and being her back.

@Gahyeonie. My personal interpretation follows the popular fan theory that whilst 'Fly High' is certainly the beginning, 'Good Night' is the end of the story as that is when the members trap the hunter in the mirror, are reunited with Yoohyeon and escape in the Woods.

'Piri' is actually an open ended MV which is a great inclusion and why they did it. If 'Piri' is the ending, then the members never escaped the Nightmare/Dreamworld. They are still in there and whilst it's slightly peaceful now and they are together, they are haunted by the curse.

But if 'Piri' is to be interpreted as a middle ground video with 'Good Night' being the end, then their story ends in a positive way. I want to go with the theory that 'Good Night' is indeed the end, and they saved Yoohyeon and left their mansion via the woods (which was first seen in 'Fly High' in terms of the start of the story. It's like it was forshadowed they'd eventually escape not only the nightmare, but their mansion together via those woods).

So @Gahyeonie, how does your interpretation of the story end? with 'Piri' or 'Good Night'? There is no wrong answer obviously, I'm just curious as to which you have chosen to go with lol.

Reactions Received
Website
wholefull.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Welcome to the fandom! :maheart:
The storyline to the MV's go Fly High (Prequel), You and I, Chase Me (Debut), Good Night, What, Breaking Out (Japanese) and then Piri.

Piri is the end of the nightmare and Fly High is the beginning of the Nightmare.

Alone in the city is the mini-album that has 'What' in it.

Raid of Dream mini-album which has Deja Vu in it was a special album but I also think it's apart of the new story that is being told but I am not 100% sure.

Scream is apart of the new story now and will be continued.

As for Endless Night (New Japanese comeback), I don't know if that's apart of the new story or not.

Have you watched all of the covers and special clips, etc yet?
I know which order the nightmare series is supposed to be in and i also understand the basic concept of the spider as i said. i just don't get what the conclusion is. like what is happening in piri? do they escape? why are they suddenly alone in the city? is it just a different take on them being in the nightmare?
@OnlyCalB I've always understood that piri ends the nighmare, and then scream starts a new story.

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I know which order the nightmare series is supposed to be in and i also understand the basic concept of the spider as i said. i just don't get what the conclusion is. like what is happening in piri? do they escape? why are they suddenly alone in the city? is it just a different take on them being in the nightmare?
@OnlyCalB I've always understood that piri ends the nighmare, and then scream starts a new story.
'What' is a different take of the Nightmare. 'Piri' is also a different take and happens before 'Good Night' (the positive end), or it's the end of the story and shows the members are still inside the Nightmare. It's up to you which order you choose as it's deliberately open ended.

Reactions Received
Website
wholefull.tumblr.com
KS Coins
'What' is a different take of the Nightmare. 'Piri' is also a different take and happens before 'Good Night' (the positive end), or it's the end of the story and shows the members are still inside the Nightmare. It's up to you which order you choose as it's deliberately open ended.
funky! so it's the kind of story that can go on ad infintum if you want.
@Gahyeonie thanks for the detailed explanations!

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I don't think we've ever discussed our interpretation since the completion of the whole Nightmare series. @Gahyeonie

My personal interpretation of the order;

1. Fly High
The girls are in a mansion (for what ever reason), where Yoohyeon rebels or is simply curious and kills the spider unleashing the curse.

2. Chase Me
A long time has past revealing the girls to be nightmare spirits due to the curse. A Hunter is looking for them.

3. What
An alternate take on the nightmare. Yoohyeon is perhaps regretting her actions which is why she is seen having a hard time sleeping and is distant from the other members. JiU is concerned and sees something is wrong with her.

4. You & I
The members escape (but with abilities to travel from the dreamworld to the real one, as interpreted by the portal), but Yoohyeon is left behind. The spider hates her most so the curse is stronger for Yoohyeon which is probably why she couldn't escape with the others.

5. Piri
Another take on their nightmare, with references to them having abilities to overcome their fear of the Nightmare/curse. For example, SuA is able to manipulate the Mirror! The members are also determined to be reunited with Yoohyeon.

6. Good Night
The members are still being chased by the Hunter. Using powers they've required as nightmare spirits the manage to trap the Hunter in the mirror (SuA learnt how to manipulate mirrors in Piri). Siyeon infd Yoohyeon in the Nightmare and pulls Yoohyeon with her, finally saving Yoohyeon. Now all together back in the real world, all the members leave the mansion via the woods.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread