COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

My boyfriend wants to get a tattoo of me (1 Viewer)

Faerie

I just wanna love myself, Love my weakness
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Once
Wreck
Idk how I feel about it. Mostly because we been dating for two and a half months, it’s way to soon. But on the other hand he get tattoos during moments of time he feels is important. So not exactly of me but symbol the represents me. Which I think it sweet kinda torn. And I don’t want to be an asshole.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
It's a terrible idea since your only just dating and not even engaged. Even if you were engaged it's still iffy at best. Tattoo's are perminent... boyfriends are not.

Heartbeat

you had me at hello
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Associate to you, like your birthday or even more subtle?

For me personally it would be off putting if my boyfriend wants a tattoo of me (even if it's subtle) after such a short time of dating

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Also I do think it’s early. I get wanting tattoos of important moments, but can’t he get one some time later related to you/that moment?

liliya

Thunder ⚡️
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Stingray
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
Reading the comments, a symbol is definitely better than the image of you. Image of someone or names are an absolute no for me, but symbols are fine. Only thing that is kind of concerning is the length of time. I am a strong believer in the 3-5 month rule. By that point you get to see the true colours of someone. At 2.5 months it may still be too early to tell if you wanna have a permanent relationship with them, and ink is permanent. I have no issue with symbolic tattoos but just wait a bit more time is all I suggest

magali

greetings, i am the chosen
Reactions Received
Website
smoshcast.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
orbit ୨୧ sumit
Pronouns
she ୨୧ her
Ship
Wreck
I think it's definitely a bad idea, you can tell him that you don't think you're ready and just wait a little longer before doing it.

Faerie

I just wanna love myself, Love my weakness
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Once
Wreck
Reading the comments, a symbol is definitely better than the image of you. Image of someone or names are an absolute no for me, but symbols are fine. Only thing that is kind of concerning is the length of time. I am a strong believer in the 3-5 month rule. By that point you get to see the true colours of someone. At 2.5 months it may still be too early to tell if you wanna have a permanent relationship with them, and ink is permanent. I have no issue with symbolic tattoos but just wait a bit more time is all I suggest
I think it's definitely a bad idea, you can tell him that you don't think you're ready and just wait a little longer before doing it.
He’s always been he’s always been spontaneous which is the exact opposite of me. I just don't want to spoil something good over something foreign to me. I mean I get his point of view. He has other ‘symbols’ of people and places he's been. I just don't wanna be a ass about it.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I mean it's his choice no?
you can object and discuss it but at the end of the day - his body his choice

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
taeyeon♡
Ship
Wreck
ohh if it was me I'd be internally panicking and a little put off :") 2 months?? it's his choice but it just seems too fast, too soon
obviously, it's up to him but it's not a good idea to make permanent choices off something that could be temporary, you're only dating and even while engaged you just never really know still, but since you said he has other symbols of people and places he's been, maybe he likes keeping a map of his memories on his body through symbolic tattoos and it's the way he likes to be so I get his viewpoint too, and it's his choice at the end of the day~

Soogi

radical kyeominist
Reactions Received
Website
kyeomblr.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
KYEOM CULT
Pronouns
she / her
Ship
im not necessarily against the idea of getting a tattoo of someone who means a lot to you, or meant a lot to you, even if a breakup is always possible. but 2 months is way too soon. thats definitely more of a long term relationship thing :ono:
sure its his body whatever, but it doesnt seem very healthy for a relationship. i would feel like it puts a strange pressure on me in the relationship, personally

Hoemantic

☆ ☆ ☆
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
he/him
Mostly because we been dating for two and a half months, it’s way to soon
As someone with tattoos. Even if it's been 20 years you are together. Rule number one is don't tattoo your partner's name or face. You never know what could happen. A symbol would be preferable if he really wants to do it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread