COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

!(G)I-DLE'S SPRING COMEBACK! (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Okay so on January 28th Cube dropped this on us!:
https://twitter.com/LiveNation

JUST ANNOUNCED:
@G_I_DLE
is heading out on their 2020 WORLD TOUR ‘I-LAND’! Tickets go on sale Friday 1/31 at 3pm local. Get more info here: https://livemu.sc/2RwUnvk #GIDLE #ILAND #GIDLE_WORLDTOUR_ILAND #여자아이들

11:10 AM · Jan 28, 2020·Twitter Web App

The tour will also go on until July.

And on the 18th it was confirmed that (G)-idle was filming their music video and were aiming for a mid-March comeback!:
(G)I-DLE To Make Spring Comeback

So Neverland a couple of questions:

Do you think this will be (G)-idle's long-awaited full-length album? Its been two years, and even though EP's are in vogue, an album is very important to properly establish an artist.

Will the ladies have more than one comeback? They're going to be touring for three months until sometime in July, is there time for a second or maybe third single?

What type of song do you think (G)-idle will release? Before Uh-Oh Soyeon said that each upcoming single will reflect the members and that one possibility for the next comeback could be cute. Clearly Uh-Oh wasn't cute but could this one be? Or a similar song to Lion?

March will be a competitive month will comebacks from ITZY, possibly TWCE and BlackPink. How do you think (G)-idle will hold up?

Lastly, Cube mentioned an American debut. Now, most of their tour dates are in the US, and their upcoming album could be marketed to the US. How do you think this "American debut?" will play out and how successfully will they be?

perhapz

ab imo pectore
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I really hope it's a full album. We and the girls deserve it.
If they do come back by march, I'd guess they would have another comeback later in the year, after all the tour dates etc, maybe October?
I don't really see Idle going with a cute concept tbh, it doesn't really fit the group and all the members said they don't like it that much, I think they will continue to do their style, with Soyeon bringing a new concept.
I think they will hold fine against these name, they got a lot of popularity recently, especially after Queendom. Ofc it's very unlikely they reach the same sales numbes for example, but if they can get some grow from the last comeback, I'm fine.

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I hope it's a full album as it's time they released one. Following up their comeback with a huge tour suggests it could very well be a full album. I mean, would an EP be enough?

I think they could very well make another comeback too, later in the year. Around Oct-Dec maybe.

Not sure what their title song will be like, but I don't think it will be cute at all. They'll stick with their vibe.

If Idle comeback in mid-march, regardless of competition, they'll do fine.

Idle is popular overseas for sure. Let's wait and see how they go about their American debut.

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Yesss can't wait!!

I feel like since they're going on a tour, the likelihood of it being a full album is pretty high.
If CUBE is smart, they'll definitely have more than one comeback this year. They're on the rise (especially after Queendom) and going on a long tour with such hype will kill it. It's good that they can tour but their main focus should be on growing their fandom and recognition in Korea. CUBE would be seriously stupid to let the country forget them right when they're gaining so much attention.
I think even if they go for "cute" it won't be bubblegum type of cute but a AIIYL type of "cute". So they'll be smily and all but their song will still keep their same vibe.
I mean, that's a hard question. All 4 groups have pretty big fandoms/rising fandoms + general public's attention/rising public attention so it would be exciting to see them all do really well. I guess March will be girl group galore. Let's see how it goes.
I'm assuming they'll just release one of their current songs in English. Personally I'm fine with that but I hope CUBE's main market for the girls isn't America. Let them grow their fandom in Korea first and solidify their place before jumping such a huge step. I do not think now is the time for an American debut and honestly, I think it'll be like every other group's American debut. Their own fans will hype it up but no one else will care unfortunately.

That all aside though, I can't help but worry when it comes to tours because of the Corona but if they go ahead with it I hope everyone stays safe and takes precautions.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
let‘s pray for a full album

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread