COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Zimzalabim vs Umpah Umpah vs Psycho (1 Viewer)

Favorite Red Velvet title track this year?

• Zimzalabim

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Umpah Umpah

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Psycho

Votes: 26 81.3%

• Total voters

Baechu

레드벨벳
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Which one of these was your favorite title track from Red Velvet this year?

As an obsessed Reveluv, I anticipated all three releases a lot. Zimzalabim was truly something I did not expect, but despite being on the experimental side, I still really enjoyed it and it met my expectations in the end. The only thing which threw me off a lot was the ridiculous clothing in the MV, especially for Wendy. I will never forgive you for that SM stylists.

:irenecrazy:

Looking at other Red Velvet songs, I can definitely say that I do prefer the red side sligthly more musicwise. That's why I was also incredible excited for Umpah Umpah. The visuals in Umpah Umpah were unmatched and the song was great. The only thing bothering me was the MV, which did not keep up with the SM MV standard. Quality was lacking, probably because they already came back 2 months after Zimzalabim, but it was still super cute.

Psycho was the song I anticipated the most, after seeing the concept teasers and beeing a dumb dumb boy who couldn't resist to listen to the leaked demo of the song. With no expectations, I listened to the demo and I was shook. It was so good that I already went psycho 3 days before official release. It was a torture waiting for so long, but now we finally got the well deserved SOTY.

10/10 MV
10/10 Song

I am sceptical of some parts of the choreo, but by just looking at the MV and hearing the song: This is by far my favorite Red Velvet release this year, if not my SOTY (totally not biased sdaknkfdsndfalm)

Please stream Psycho and support the girls.
Thank you Red Velvet, I can finally die in peace.

:sanapray:

Last edited:

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Moa
Ship
It's probably between Zimzalabim and Psycho for me. I prefer their Red side too but Psycho was quality content :sj_weary:

Baechu

레드벨벳
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I voted Psycho. It’s amazing. It was a difficult decision though.

eclipsoul

barbie (2023) fan account
Reactions Received
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
psycho all the way. i liked umpah umpah, but not as much. zimzalabim on the other hand is my least favourite title track red velvet has ever released.

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Psycho for me!

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Psycho > Umpah Umpah.

Nice 2 releases by Red Velvet this year, whatever happened before that isn't in my memory and I've wiped it from canon :sanapray:
It's strange how RV dropped Reve Festival Day 2 without a Day 1 :wimwim:

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
I love all three, but Psycho's probably my favorite at the moment.

Psycho has a few great things in common with Zimzalabim. There's the RV edginess/experimental touch. At first listen I wasn't quite sure where each song was going. And both songs set themselves up to climax at their outros. Psycho's bridge (no Wendy this time!) and chorus 3 are surprisingly short, and the song spends a lot of time on the anthemic outro.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Hmmm still thinking.
Each song is so different.
Zim is just a party song so fun to dance too(zim zim).
UU is that happy upbeat dance song that has me clapping along almost every time @ feel the rhythm.
Psycho is this chill yet upbeat number.

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
UU is that happy upbeat dance song that has me clapping along almost every time @ feel the rhythm.
Umpah Umpah was happy and upbeat but also "safe". (And I don't mean to use that word in a derogatory way. I mean its happiness was unstoppable.) I knew they weren't going to break out the Peek-A-Boo weaponry in the middle of the MV and start executing pool boys and lifeguards.

Psycho is this chill yet upbeat number.
One thing I really like about Psycho is that the lyrics are a bit disturbing at first. Is the song about a destructive relationship? What's with the horror movie vibe at the beginning? The optimism doesn't show until the end of the first chorus, then the butterflies come out and they get into the reassuring outro.

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Zimzalabim still has the best bridge and break

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
No surprise that I voted for Psycho, totally my cup of tea :sj_weary: Next it's Umpah umpah for me :wimwim:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Pronouns
She/Her
I am the only one who prefer Umpah Umpah. :umjicry:
Nope, I went Umpah Umpah too. It (plus the 2nd day in general) fitted the whole ReVe Festival concept for me. Psycho is a really good song, but the new songs sound like it should’ve had its own separate release rather than as the ReVe finale.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
:nekosweat: I can’t choose yet

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread