COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Solo Xiao Zhan Official Thread (5 Viewers)

Boyo

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓅
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Mingyutized
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
47CEB875-6E05-411A-AE15-2C003EA659FF.jpeg

header made by talitaana on DeviantArt

Name: Xiao Zhan (he sometimes uses the anglicised "Sean")
Birthday: October 5, 1991
Birthplace: Chongqing, China
Education: Chongqing Technology and Business University (Art Design)

Informations:
He is a cat person. He has a cat who usually stays with his parents now, because of his busy schedule.
When he was young he was allowed to spend only one hour per week on the computer. He usually played computer games. (He said it in one of the interviews).
He studied violin and drawing since young age.
He graduated with one of the highest scores on his high school diploma in the whole China. He actually got an A in Chinese and is one of lucky few. His diploma makes him capable to be a high school teacher.
He was very popular during his university days for his handsome looks and friendly personality. He had always participated in many charitable work.
He worked as a graphic designer and photographer. He designed a logo for a café. He was actually really successful! (picture posted lower)
He also designed his own logo.
After participating in a reality show X File, he was chosen to became a member of a pop group named X Nine. The group debuted in 2016 and he was/is the main vocal.
He is also known as an actor starring in the period dramas "The Untaimed" and "Oh My Emperor!" and "The Wolf".
He has worked as a model for Piaget and Estée Lauder.
He was voted the face of 2019.

The scandal:
While "the Untamed" is officially a "bromace" it is more or less a boy-love novel (though the novel had to be re-edited several times before it was possible to publish it in China; the text is not yet officially translated into English, but a very good translation can be found on Exiled Rebels). Unfortunately, because twist it as you like, the two main characters are far from friends and many fans have taken fanfictions as their outlet. Because of strict Chinese policy against "promoting homosexuality", the authorities were alerted about one of the fanfics depicting Xiao Zhan´s character Wei Wuxian as a transgender prostitute seducing Lan Zhan. This caused such an outrage that people boycotted Xiao Zhan and everything that had anything to do with him. He lost many contracts and was put on a black list.

His comeback in the second half of 2020 was very sore. He came out as a very mature, gentle and sophisticated man, but also as someone who is aware that his every step might cause him another fall.
Yet, things are looking better for him and his star is rising. He is young, handsome and popular and he deserves it!
He is a wonderful actor and a wonderful singer. His songs are sweet and beautiful.
He is also really funny, but since his comeback he had to tune it down a little bit. Hope he´ll find the courage again.
Please, give him a chance ♥

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L
Pronouns
She/Her
He is also the #1 Most Handsome Man in Asia for 2020

I mean,
images (1).jpeg

IMG_20200813_112820.jpg
IMG_20191109_190816.jpg

Deserved.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L
Pronouns
She/Her
He has the most precious smile and is an absolute adorable human being.
a33e2e70-e57f-438d-9cae-05814688a6a8.jpg

images.jpeg

images.jpeg
IMG_20191031_060753.jpg
b501add7-174a-4636-a9c9-8e8d95a23a6c.jpg
1c5f9384-cc2d-4cfb-b24f-5bf222fdfd78.jpg
tumblr_73a2b126875cbb112ea332e9afb3afcb_4cea2427_1280.png

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
I think that he is REALLY handsome because he looks very youthful and he is quite tall and skinny. I can definitely see why he is popular among all ages :). He is a boy you´d bring home to show your mother and he is sweet and romantic to fall in love when you are 14 and putting posters on your wall :).

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L
Pronouns
She/Her
Watch him perform live here:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
HIS VOICE omg

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L
Pronouns
She/Her
Here's the best character song ever sung by Xiao Zhan

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L
Pronouns
She/Her
Some examples of his skills as an actor:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
omg, omg, omg yes the soundtrack! that flute! the guqin!!!!! I recoomend listening to guqin! (this is slightly off-topic) but anyway. :D
I really really really hope that he and Wang Yibo will do a film or a project together because they were SO GOOD.
Look how funny they were:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L
Pronouns
She/Her
For Anyone who wants to watch The Untamed:

You can also find it on Netflix, WeTv and Amazon Prime.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L
Pronouns
She/Her
Watch this for his absolutely beautiful acting skills:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
WATCH IT!!! YOU WON´T REGERT IT. omg, I cried SO MUCH. it has such amazing characters.
also Xingchen ♥
1604339201194.jpeg

no kidding, I CRIED during his last scene.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
@PrideInBaek omg, have you seen he one with him buying the car ? :D :D :D

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L
Pronouns
She/Her
Xiao Zhan has 4 upcoming projects, the trailers for which are Linked below. Please do check it out and anticipate his projects.

Joy of Life (S2) is in the works.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L
Pronouns
She/Her
On April 25th, 2020, Xiao Zhan released his digital single "Spot Light" which went on to become the highest selling digital single of all time with over 44 Million copies sold. For this song, he entered the Guinness World Records for the fastest-selling digital track in China.
You can find the song on Spotify! It's a beautiful song.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L
Pronouns
She/Her
Fyi, Chinese netizens and Entertainment industry, EVERYONE is batshit crazy. I say this because of what happened to poor Xiao Zhan in the beginning of the year. Xiao Zhan has changed so much these days and I'm glad he did. Sadly,he's become reclusive now. But, he's also become strategic by making a comeback on CCTV channel and is starring in a production funded by their govt. So that insiders of the industry and paid anti-fans cannot make any negative publicity. I really hope things become better for him and that we'll get to see his works more often.

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L
Pronouns
She/Her
He's also a quiet, philanthropic person.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread