COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

what even is friendship? (1 Viewer)

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
friendships are important and personally I would want to be in contact with the ones I am close to. It‘s definitely something both need to care for and to show up for each other. in my opinion an effort needs to happen.

it turns overly complicated once one of them just stops everything. even when the other reaches out - the reaction is zero.

so I would just like to know about other opinions/ ideas about friendship.​

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Wreck
If you're alone, I'll be your shadow.
If you were to cry, I would be your shoulder.
If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile.
But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
If you're alone, I'll be your shadow.
If you were to cry, I would be your shoulder.
If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile.
But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me.
that’s beautiful

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Ship
To me a friendship is when you both care for each other, they're built by talking and getting to know each other bit by bit. You know you've found a best friend when you guys can stop talking for a while but still care for each other just as much. And the not making an effort to interact thing... It's detrimental to regular friendships but I think that after you've reached a certain point of closeness then you will be able to understand if the other suddenly blips off the radar for a while, and of course with the given closeness the friend would have been made aware if their bff was going through some stuff that meant they couldn't reach out to them for a while.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I think there definitely needs to be an effort made to keep it going since if one person is doing all the effort and the other gives minimal answers that's no fun for anyone.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I think there needs to be an effort played on both sides and not just one-sided. There also needs to be a connection there and you should never be afraid to tell them anything and you should be able to understand when they need space.
It's very much like a relationship but a bit different.
If you are a friend to someone, it means that you also have to accept who they are, otherwise you're not a very good friend.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Friendship is definitely something that cannot be one-sided and it's as simple as enjoying being in someone else's presence and the other person reciprocating those feelings. If someone stops reaching out, putting in effort or is just quick to drop you, then more than likely it was never a friendship but a temporary replacement for something else. I think a lot of people, including myself, overthink about friendships because 9 times out of 10, if someone chooses to be around you, then the genuinely do enjoy your company and consider you a friend. Friendship is a simple yet complicated thing all at once because all it requires is effort from both parties but it can all go downhill when one person stops trying

Mew

~Angel of Death~
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Shawol
My friendships are close but distant, this is down to me being the way I am. So I don't I think fall into the 'normal friendship' catorgory or constantly being in touch or seeing each other, Considering I can go without contacting my friends for weeks to years at a time however my friends have always understood that I'm not online or txt social I'm more of a face to face person but they have always stayed by me. Even now were at different ages, live further away from each other, have families and jobs so there isn't alot of time like to hang out when we were teenagers. When we do see each other, always face to face it's like nothing has changed just the same as it was, which my friends find enjoyable even though it drains me, although I want to see them really.
and once I'm friends with someone it's unlikely we will not part for a long time even through the distance.
It's a give and take really, but personally I feel like I take more than I give, (even if I don't see them much) while my friends feel the opposite which Is rather strange, but it is what it is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread