COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

What are y'all expecting from Treasure's debut? (1 Viewer)

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
What are you all expecting from their debut?

All we've heard from them musically so far is Going Crazy and although I love that song, it feels a little outdated, probably because it was written a while ago and I'm really curious to see how YG pulls off a more innocent concept like the one Treasure is supposed to have especially since that's allegedly the vibe they're going for with their new girl group too. I'm still really curious about the genre they'll choose because I feel like the trends have changed a lot since they actually filmed Treasure Box, not to mention all of the changes behind the scenes at YG and the fact that Treasure has changed from being a regular idol group to a self producing one which also could mean a change in sound from what we were expecting from them. YG as a company tend to follow American trends a lot more closely than other Kpop labels and right now R&B seems to be making a big comeback there plus a lot of the main Pop girlies seem to be going for retro style concepts so maybe they'll incorporate some of those elements into what they're doing...

What do you think?​

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Honestly, I've never been interested. I hope their debut pulls me in.

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Honestly, I've never been interested. I hope their debut pulls me in.
Really? I've been keeping up with them since their survival show. Skills wise they're pretty strong, they've got really good singers, rappers and dancers but I can see how you wouldn't be hooked yet, they've only got one song out after all.

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Really? I've been keeping up with them since their survival show. Skills wise they're pretty strong, they've got really good singers, rappers and dancers but I can see how you wouldn't be hooked yet, they've only got one song out after all.
To be fair to them, their debut was delayed so much their hype died down and I've never been interested in survival programs.

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
To be fair to them, their debut was delayed so much their hype died down and I've never been interested in survival programs.
Yeah, the hype has definitely died down for them but in a way the long wait has kinda made things more interesting to me, like I said in the OP, all the stuff they were originally planning to do with them has been thrown out the window. They were originally gonna have a concept like EXO's with a Korean and a Japanese unit but then that got scrapped and now they're all in one big group which YG has never done before plus the musical landscape has changed a lot since 2018 so it'll be interesting to see whether they'll still make songs like Going Crazy or something totally different.

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yeah, the hype has definitely died down for them but in a way the long wait has kinda made things more interesting to me, like I said in the OP, all the stuff they were originally planning to do with them has been thrown out the window. They were originally gonna have a concept like EXO's with a Korean and a Japanese unit but then that got scrapped and now they're all in one big group which YG has never done before plus the musical landscape has changed a lot since 2018 so it'll be interesting to see whether they'll still make songs like Going Crazy or something totally different.
Yeah, I feel like that's the hype with Blackpink as well. They never have comebacks, but when they do, the whole world is watching
I know nothing about Treasure except the fact that Ryujin participated in the show tbh.

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yeah, I feel like that's the hype with Blackpink as well. They never have comebacks, but when they do, the whole world is watching
I know nothing about Treasure except the fact that Ryujin participated in the show tbh.
No, that was Mix Nine lol YG cancelled that debut after the show flopped because he's trash but a couple of the dudes that were on Mix Nine did end up making it into Treasure though...

Treasure Box was a quite good show tbh even though the fan votes didn't end up meaning anything in the end. I should've known better than to spend all those hours tapping on Vlive videos until my thumb ached lol

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
No, that was Mix Nine lol YG cancelled that debut after the show flopped because he's trash but a couple of the dudes that were on Mix Nine did end up making it into Treasure though...

Treasure Box was a quite good show tbh even though the fan votes didn't end up meaning anything in the end. I should've known better than to spend all those hours tapping on Vlive videos until my thumb ached lol
Wait what? When was Mixnine then?

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Wait what? When was Mixnine then?
Mix Nine was the PD101 rip off that YG made in 2016 or 17 that was trainees from other companies competing to be in a project group but the show flopped and YG decided not to debut the winners so a couple of the companies tried to sue them then they did YG Treasure Box in late 2018 with all YG trainees but obviously everything at YG slowed down after the Burning Sun and B.I scandals.

I can still remember that after the Treasure Box finale they were announcing a group member per day, I was staying up to see who the last member of the Japanese unit was gonna be (this was back when I was still active on AKP) and we were all waiting in the thread and refreshing V Live every couple seconds because that's where they were announcing the winners and LITERALLY as they announced the last member was when the first footage of that unconscious girl being dragged out of Burning Sun leaked and needless to say it kind of killed our excitement...

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Mix Nine was the PD101 rip off that YG made in 2016 or 17 that was trainees from other companies competing to be in a project group but the show flopped and YG decided not to debut the winners so a couple of the companies tried to sue them then they did YG Treasure Box in late 2018 with all YG trainees but obviously everything at YG slowed down after the Burning Sun and B.I scandals.

I can still remember that after the Treasure Box finale they were announcing a group member per day, I was staying up to see who the last member of the Japanese unit was gonna be (this was back when I was still active on AKP) and we were all waiting in the thread and refreshing V Live every couple seconds because that's where they were announcing the winners and LITERALLY as they announced the last member was when the first footage of that unconscious girl being dragged out of Burning Sun leaked and needless to say it kind of killed our excitement...
Man wtf...whack. I have no idea why I don't recall Treasure going on though I was a KPOP stan in 2018, probably just didn't care. I do remember the Mixnine scandal though since YG screwed up pretty bad.

YG is pretty shady in general. It's one of the reasons I find it hard to stan their groups. It's hard to stan a group under a company when their company doesn't treat them right, BP is a huge exception.

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Man wtf...whack. I have no idea why I don't recall Treasure going on though I was a KPOP stan in 2018, probably just didn't care. I do remember the Mixnine scandal though since YG screwed up pretty bad.

YG is pretty shady in general. It's one of the reasons I find it hard to stan their groups. It's hard to stan a group under a company when their company doesn't treat them right, BP is a huge exception.
Wait... I just looked at that old thread on AKP and the Burning Sun scandal started when they first announced that they were going to have a second unit and none of us knew whether it was really or whether they were just trying to cover up the scandal with another story lol

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Wait... I just looked at that old thread on AKP and the Burning Sun scandal started when they first announced that they were going to have a second unit and none of us knew whether it was really or whether they were just trying to cover up the scandal with another story lol
:zoomeyes: :zoomeyes:

Just like SK tried to use Jenkai to cover up their political scandals-

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
:zoomeyes: :zoomeyes:

Just like SK tried to use Jenkai to cover up their political scandals-
I don't think it was on the governmental scale but my theory back then was that YG announced that they were debuting a second group from Treasure Box just to trying and bury the Seungri headlines but then the Burning Sun scandal obviously grew A LOT bigger than any of us realised it was going to. It's actually kinda sad reading some of those posts again, we were all hoping Seungri was gonna be innocent and have no clue about what was going on but that wasn't the case sadly...

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I don't think it was on the governmental scale but my theory back then was that YG announced that they were debuting a second group from Treasure Box just to trying and bury the Seungri headlines but then the Burning Sun scandal obviously grew A LOT bigger than any of us realised it was going to. It's actually kinda sad reading some of those posts again, we were all hoping Seungri was gonna be innocent and have no clue about what was going on but that wasn't the case sadly...
Oh, yeah, the Treasure issue was to cover up YG's issues for sure. They do that every time. It works to an extent, but people see right through them.
Yeah, I remember that too. It was right after his solo, and everyone had been hyping him up for his song just a few months earlier. It's weird to think that that was a year ago...time flies.

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Oh, yeah, the Treasure issue was to cover up YG's issues for sure. They do that every time. It works to an extent, but people see right through them.
Yeah, I remember that too. It was right after his solo, and everyone had been hyping him up for his song just a few months earlier. It's weird to think that that was a year ago...time flies.
IKR? That was really a crazy time to be a kpop stan and it was only a year ago, time flies!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm so innocent. I never thought Magnum was a Seungri cover up. I thought the company really wanted the (then) 6 members to debut or satisfy Yoonbin/Mashiho/Doyoung fans.

I'm trying not to expect too much. I just want the song not to be cringey and for all members to perform competently. I will expect more from their comebacks because I expect growth.

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm so innocent. I never thought Magnum was a Seungri cover up. I thought the company really wanted the (then) 6 members to debut or satisfy Yoonbin/Mashiho/Doyoung fans.

I'm trying not to expect too much. I just want the song not to be cringey and for all members to perform competently. I will expect more from their comebacks because I expect growth.
Yep, I expect Jaehyuk in particular to have improved now that he’s had training.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread