COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Underrated Western Artist (Part 6) - PVRIS (1 Viewer)

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
With the thread I made for users to vote who sounds the most interesting for them, I have a ranking list for the next few parts to be done.

PVRIS

General Information
PVRIS
(pronounced Paris) is an American rock band from Lowell, Massachusetts formed by members Lynn Gunn, Alex Babinski, and Brian MacDonald. The band formed originally under the name Paris but later changed it to PVRIS in the summer of 2013 citing legal reasons.
PVRIS represents the culmination of unapologetic honesty, unbridled artistic passion, and deeply held personal conviction, as evidenced by the devotion of an international fanbase who live and breathe their music. Much in the same way vocalist Lynn Gunn, guitarist Alex Babinski and bassist/keyboardist Brian MacDonald inspire and encourage their audience to explore, embrace, and celebrate their own personal identities, PVRIS creates their own musical lane.

Social Media
Twitter
Instagram
Facebook
Youtube

Music - Past
Starting their journey way back in 2012, the band released a self title EP for their debut, which sadly isn't available on Spotify and only a few songs of it available on Youtube

They were an opening act for a tour and at the same time working on a new album called "White Noise" around 2014.
Before releasing "White Noise" they were part of a acoustic series.

Later that year after touring more they finally released their, by fans, awaited EP "White Noise", with lead single "St.Patrick", which sold around 90k, ranking 6th in the US Alternative Charts, #88 overall and #55 in the UK

continuously releasing music videos for the other songs on the album throughout the years till their next album dropped.
1. Smoke
2. St.Patrick
3. My House
4. Holy
5. White Noise
6. Fire
7. Eyelids
8. Mirrors
9. Ghosts
10. Let Them In

Lynn Gunn wrote the songs while she was “in a very dark place in my mind”. And compared to the band’s previous output, she said that White Noise“is very different from what a lot of people were expecting, but in the best way”.
Lyrics + Song's meaning

After continues tours with that album 2 years and being the opening act for others, they released a Deluxe Version only including 3 more songs.

and a stripped version of 'You and I'.

Music - Now
But that wasn't the only thing they were working on during that time.
After wrapping up their America tour in 2016, Lynn posted on twitter that 45 songs in total were written and composed for their 2nd album, with only 10 making the final cut.
In 2017 the album called "All We Know Of Heaven, All We Need Of Hell", which ranked #4 on the UK charts, #4 on the US Alternative Charts, #41 overall and #12 in Australia got released.
Giving a first taste for the album with lead single 'Heaven'.

followed by multiple MV's for other songs on the album as well
1. Heaven
2. Half
3. Anyone Else
4. What's Wrong
5. Walk Alone
6. Same Soul
7. Winter
8. No Mercy
9. Separate
10. Nola 1

Lyrics + Song's meaning

@chvnle @Taeyeon @Minyoongimin @Sui @Cream @Blacklily96 @4Ren @igloo @bulletproof @ilovebread @Skinnny @SuddenlyKfan @notthatmarko

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
you are amazing to bring those underrated artists here
I don't know most of them, but I got some new bops in my playlist thanks to you

Reactions Received
KS Coins
With the thread I made for users to vote who sounds the most interesting for them, I have a ranking list for the next few parts to be done.

PVRIS

General Information
PVRIS
(pronounced Paris) is an American rock band from Lowell, Massachusetts formed by members Lynn Gunn, Alex Babinski, and Brian MacDonald. The band formed originally under the name Paris but later changed it to PVRIS in the summer of 2013 citing legal reasons.
PVRIS represents the culmination of unapologetic honesty, unbridled artistic passion, and deeply held personal conviction, as evidenced by the devotion of an international fanbase who live and breathe their music. Much in the same way vocalist Lynn Gunn, guitarist Alex Babinski and bassist/keyboardist Brian MacDonald inspire and encourage their audience to explore, embrace, and celebrate their own personal identities, PVRIS creates their own musical lane.

Social Media
Twitter
Instagram
Facebook
Youtube

Music - Past
Starting their journey way back in 2012, the band released a self title EP for their debut, which sadly isn't available on Spotify and only a few songs of it available on Youtube

They were an opening act for a tour and at the same time working on a new album called "White Noise" around 2014.
Before releasing "White Noise" they were part of a acoustic series.

Later that year after touring more they finally released their, by fans, awaited EP "White Noise", with lead single "St.Patrick", which sold around 90k, ranking 6th in the US Alternative Charts, #88 overall and #55 in the UK

continuously releasing music videos for the other songs on the album throughout the years till their next album dropped.
1. Smoke
2. St.Patrick
3. My House
4. Holy
5. White Noise
6. Fire
7. Eyelids
8. Mirrors
9. Ghosts
10. Let Them In

Lynn Gunn wrote the songs while she was “in a very dark place in my mind”. And compared to the band’s previous output, she said that White Noise“is very different from what a lot of people were expecting, but in the best way”.
Lyrics + Song's meaning

After continues tours with that album 2 years and being the opening act for others, they released a Deluxe Version only including 3 more songs.

and a stripped version of 'You and I'.

Music - Now
But that wasn't the only thing they were working on during that time.
After wrapping up their America tour in 2016, Lynn posted on twitter that 45 songs in total were written and composed for their 2nd album, with only 10 making the final cut.
In 2017 the album called "All We Know Of Heaven, All We Need Of Hell", which ranked #4 on the UK charts, #4 on the US Alternative Charts, #41 overall and #12 in Australia got released.
Giving a first taste for the album with lead single 'Heaven'.

followed by multiple MV's for other songs on the album as well
1. Heaven
2. Half
3. Anyone Else
4. What's Wrong
5. Walk Alone
6. Same Soul
7. Winter
8. No Mercy
9. Separate
10. Nola 1

Lyrics + Song's meaning

@chvnle @Taeyeon @Minyoongimin @Sui @Cream @Blacklily96 @4Ren @igloo @bulletproof @ilovebread @Skinnny @SuddenlyKfan @notthatmarko
YEE THIS IS AMAZING

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread