COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Trump plans to reopen America on Easter Sunday (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I'm sorry what? We're in the middle of a pandemic but he wants it open so people can go to Church? I understand it's an important part for those who are religious but I can't be the only one who thinks that the pandemic is just a bit more important than being able to go to church

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I'm just gonna leave this here

“We have to get back to work," said President Trump, who argued that tens of thousands of Americans die from the seasonal flu or in automobile accidents and “we don't turn the country off.”

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I'm just gonna leave this here

“We have to get back to work," said President Trump, who argued that tens of thousands of Americans die from the seasonal flu or in automobile accidents and “we don't turn the country off.”
True but the seasonal flu isnt even remotely as contagious and is well understood, and automobile accidents aren't contagious at all. Plus going to church isn't something that will help the economy in the slightest and it's something that crams a lot of people in a small area, more so than most jobs or other things that benefit the economy would.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
True but the seasonal flu isnt even remotely as contagious and is well understood, and automobile accidents aren't contagious at all. Plus going to church isn't something that will help the economy in the slightest and it's something that crams a lot of people in a small area, more so than most jobs or other things that benefit the economy would.
If he is still saying that about the virus this far in though, the US is basically screwed

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
If he is still saying that about the virus this far in though, the US is basically screwed
Yeah...we have a national shortage of tests so there's a crazy amount of positive cases that haven't been tested, and the US is still 3rd highest with case count in the world. Nor do they want to test all those cases, it looks nicer if the number is lower to them.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Yeah...we have a national shortage of tests so there's a crazy amount of positive cases that haven't been tested, and the US is still 3rd highest with case count in the world. Nor do they want to test all those cases, it looks nicer if the number is lower to them.
I reckon the real number already surpassed Italy if not maybe even China since the US had the biggest increase today

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I reckon the real number already surpassed Italy if not maybe even China since the US had the biggest increase today
My state is one of the ones most aggressive fighting it with the more restrictions and whatnot to prevent the spread, and even then we went from like a 150 daily increase to an increase of 325. I can't imagine what the true number would be for states such as Florida where people are blatantly ignoring the attempts to increase social distancing.

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
He's really trying hard to prove his lack of intelligence. We're in a time where everyone can stream lectures on computers and tv. Instead of encouraging people to go to churches, he can just record the pope/priest giving his sermon and play it on an appropriate channel. That way people will be safe and they can still listen if they want to. A religious gathering in Korea was how it became such a huge issue there and America looks like they'll go down the same path if Trump does something like that.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
My state is one of the ones most aggressive fighting it with the more restrictions and whatnot to prevent the spread, and even then we went from like a 150 daily increase to an increase of 325. I can't imagine what the true number would be for states such as Florida where people are blatantly ignoring the attempts to increase social distancing.
New York is the biggest hit state currently with 4.7k being added today out of the 9.6k added to the US in total today and that's with them having trouble with testing people so between that and Trump not being helpful whatsoever when the country needs him to actually be helpful it's yikes.

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
New York is the biggest hit state currently with 4.7k being added today out of the 9.6k added to the US in total today and that's with them having trouble with testing people so between that and Trump not being helpful whatsoever when the country needs him to actually be helpful it's yikes.
New York has been screwed over for a while tbh

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
There are plethora of news stories about online church services. Even prior to this you could go on itunes and get a podcast of church services.. I'm sure they could splice together gospel live music performed by people who live together. A pastor recording a service from his home... and whatever it is they do at protestant gatherings. The only thing you couldn't do as a catholic would be shaking hands and receiving communion as it would be a virtual medium.. Easter Sunday is not until end of April.. Churches could plan and have an outline for how they would broadcast their service and email congregants with the plan.. This is only a problem for Catholics as new initiates are always baptized around that time and only at that particular time. In some countries they have halted rights such as baptism, so that wouldn't be an issue... But as a Catholic I will say that unlike other forms of Christianity, you do have to spend from 9 months to a year or longer in classes prior to you being baptized and considered Catholic. It would suck for someone who is ready (spiritually) to be baptized to have to wait another year... Not saying to allow baptisms during Corona, just saying for those people the situation would suck more than it already does...

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I can't wait until this man is out of office :nayeonisdone:

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
There are plethora of news stories about online church services. Even prior to this you could go on itunes and get a podcast of church services.. I'm sure they could splice together gospel live music performed by people who live together. A pastor recording a service from his home... and whatever it is they do at protestant gatherings. The only thing you couldn't do as a catholic would be shaking hands and receiving communion as it would be a virtual medium.. Easter Sunday is not until end of April.. Churches could plan and have an outline for how they would broadcast their service and email congregants with the plan.. This is only a problem for Catholics as new initiates are always baptized around that time and only at that particular time. In some countries they have halted rights such as baptism, so that wouldn't be an issue... But as a Catholic I will say that unlike other forms of Christianity, you do have to spend from 9 months to a year or longer in classes prior to you being baptized and considered Catholic. It would suck for someone who is ready (spiritually) to be baptized to have to wait another year... Not saying to allow baptisms during Corona, just saying for those people the situation would suck more than it already does...
Isn't Easter Sunday in the first half of April? The itnernet says its on the 12th, but I dont celebrate so I dont know if Im wrong about it.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
Isn't Easter Sunday in the first half of April? The itnernet says its on the 12th, but I dont celebrate so I dont know if Im wrong about it.
Lol... Sorry. My search engine was search for easter 2019 😅

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
@Vikki I thought you were European :jisoosmh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread