COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Rumor Seriously ... how can they not get permits to film? (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
at least now we know why Hyoyeon and Bomi have been filming clips lol.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
@Sone @Pink Panda @LOCKEY

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I genuinely don't get how they messed up this bad. It's disgusting and shows their incompetence
and its KBS not some small cable outlet...

estrella

vivo en la madrugada
Reactions Received
Website
smoshcast.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
୨୧ sumit ୨୧
Pronouns
she ୨୧ her
Ship
Wreck
not dita getting stranded in her own country
istg i hate kbs 🙏 HOW DO YOU NOT ASK FOR A PERMIT??? ARE YOU DUMB???

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Incompetence everywhere.
:we_kpopsourcing:

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
I genuinely don't get how they messed up this bad. It's disgusting and shows their incompetence
and its KBS not some small cable outlet...
Incompetence everywhere.
:we_kpopsourcing:
This (not getting filming/working permits/license) reminds me of a singer/performer/artiste from North America who ALSO did not get working/performing license/permit in S.E.A. for a music festival/concert & was also fined/detained/unable to depart; its a lapse in procedures of the entering/organizing party who might hv overlooked/ignored regulations/protocol.

The number of times there're been no issue such as Irene/Red Velvet/Gfriend doing Web show(Irene's Work n holiday[which definitely should hv needed working/filming permit/license]] n other stuff(gfriend concert/performance) might mean it's the organising party is at fault/lapsed in applying/getting approval(I'd tend to the theory tat a local agent/organizer convinced KBS tat permits/licenses were gonna be approved/unnecessary n tat led to the unlicensed/no permits situation. The number of times tat in last few years idols/artistes cancelled/stated they had visa issues prevented them turning up/led to last minute cancellations makes me believe they(in this case) wouldn't hv gone to Bali if they anticipated wat actually happened.

Hopefully no other repeat recurs in future(but the lesson learnt now may be forgotten in a few mths/yrs or decades from now.

Sad for the delayed people. Hope they made[/make] it back safely in a timely way.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
This (not getting filming/working permits/license) reminds me of a singer/performer/artiste from North America who ALSO did not get working/performing license/permit in S.E.A. for a music festival/concert & was also fined/detained/unable to depart; its a lapse in procedures of the entering/organizing party who might hv overlooked/ignored regulations/protocol.

The number of times there're been no issue such as Irene/Red Velvet/Gfriend doing Web show(Irene's Work n holiday[which definitely should hv needed working/filming permit/license]] n other stuff(gfriend concert/performance) might mean it's the organising party is at fault/lapsed in applying/getting approval(I'd tend to the theory tat a local agent/organizer convinced KBS tat permits/licenses were gonna be approved/unnecessary n tat led to the unlicensed/no permits situation. The number of times tat in last few years idols/artistes cancelled/stated they had visa issues prevented them turning up/led to last minute cancellations makes me believe they(in this case) wouldn't hv gone to Bali if they anticipated wat actually happened.

Hopefully no other repeat recurs in future(but the lesson learnt now may be forgotten in a few mths/yrs or decades from now.

Sad for the delayed people. Hope they made[/make] it back safely in a timely way.
its a mess.
But they had to know before ppl got on the plane to go that the permission was not yet approved.
that was teh time to pull the plug. Not get everyone there the cost of that is going to be many times what it would have been to just cancel.

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
its a mess.
But they had to know before ppl got on the plane to go that the permission was not yet approved.
that was teh time to pull the plug. Not get everyone there the cost of that is going to be many times what it would have been to just cancel.
I just thought tat arranging parties in Bali might hv misinformed/misapprehended the legalities.

My thinking so is because so many korean/kpop idol schedules in S.E.A. hv succeeded without issue, eg Irene work n holiday Web show, Gfriend concert/shopping mall event n so many others tat KBS fumbling the ball n stranding so many ppl there has me scratching my head as to why.

Opaqueness of regulations/enforcement in Bali might hv been confusing to KBS/PD of Pick Me Trip. They absolutely shd hv known wat was needed for filming/work as regards to license/permits.

Non-sequitur, ard early 2010s my younger brother with his family(of 4) booked a holiday in S.Korea from S.E.A. however when they got to airport/tried to pass customs, his youngest son(of 2) had a expiry of under 6 mths on his passport n they couldn't board/get to SK, they had to cancel n holiday elsewhere(not sure if my nephew renewed his passport or the neighboring country they went to instead didn't need over 6 mths validity-my nephews n SIL r US citizens, my brother is M'sian).

For party of over 20 ppl, I can't imagine not getting everything in order BEFORE getting to airport, this includes permits/licenses/visas. So im struggling to think if there was an agent in Bali who fumbled those/ignored/misinformed as tat would account for it.

unless KBS/arranger in Korea really is tat incompetent!(which is just as possible but I lean towards one possibility more than any other)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I just thought tat arranging parties in Bali might hv misinformed/misapprehended the legalities.

My thinking so is because so many korean/kpop idol schedules in S.E.A. hv succeeded without issue, eg Irene work n holiday Web show, Gfriend concert/shopping mall event n so many others tat KBS fumbling the ball n stranding so many ppl there has me scratching my head as to why.

Opaqueness of regulations/enforcement in Bali might hv been confusing to KBS/PD of Pick Me Trip. They absolutely shd hv known wat was needed for filming/work as regards to license/permits.

Non-sequitur, ard early 2010s my younger brother with his family(of 4) booked a holiday in S.Korea from S.E.A. however when they got to airport/tried to pass customs, his youngest son(of 2) had a expiry of under 6 mths on his passport n they couldn't board/get to SK, they had to cancel n holiday elsewhere(not sure if my nephew renewed his passport or the neighboring country they went to instead didn't need over 6 mths validity-my nephews n SIL r US citizens, my brother is M'sian).

For party of over 20 ppl, I can't imagine not getting everything in order BEFORE getting to airport, this includes permits/licenses/visas. So im struggling to think if there was an agent in Bali who fumbled those/ignored/misinformed as tat would account for it.

unless KBS/arranger in Korea really is tat incompetent!(which is just as possible but I lean towards one possibility more than any other)
Dang that sucked for your brother brutal on a small child. maybe they want fresh pics..

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Dang that sucked for your brother brutal on a small child. maybe they want fresh pics..
Nah, i rmbr it was cause of the validity not the photo-rmbr for Asians there's strict entry terms to prevent overstaying/illegal employment; even though its a young family (at the time)-the rules apply across the board(lesson learnt always chk passport validity/expiry/entry requirements). his kid was ard 10/11 yrs old then so maybe i misrmbr the yr(a small child wouldn't hv been missing out so much on a Korean holiday; in fact they go bk to US every few yrs to visit their grandma/relatives in US-n the parents decided not to go to Disneyland/World when the kids were too young to rlly enjoy/rmbr it. I'm not sure if they ever did go).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread