COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Serious question: What do you think a "friend" is? (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
As the school year for me comes to an end, and I move on to my senior year...I've been thinking about what makes someone a friend. I guess there's basic stuff like; you have something in common with them or your personalities just "click", but then people will set up guidelines for what a friend REALLY is and what a friend ISNT (ex. "friends don't tear down other friends", "friends shouldn't be too controlling" blah blah blah yknow). I think a big thing for me that probably explains why I don't really consider the people around me to be a "real" friend, is that I've noticed how they react to me when I'm in a bad place. I've had one friend sit there and let two girls talk bad about me for DAYS and would only tell me what they said after they were done shit-talking, I had another stand there while I was being insulted by a bunch of guys, and I even had two in the same dang room let a girl talk about me, tell me what she said, and then try to instigate a fight out of the whole situation.

So I guess what I'm saying is, part of being a friend is sticking up for each other. Not only when the person is there, but when they're not around.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Wreck
For me, I think a friend is someone who is loyal to you and will respect you and your interests, but also makes you comfortable being around them.

Wicked

Loaded Granny Cane Incoming!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
ARMY/Multi
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
A friend is someone who will stay with you no matter what happens. Especially after high school ends and people start drifting apart. A friend is also someone who will always have your back and allow you to feel safe with them. Etc.

A friend isn't passively sitting there letting you be miserable. That's just an acquaintance.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Part of being a friend is being there for them through good times but also bad times without expecting anything out of it, but also for me you should know when to be honest since a good friend wouldn't let you walk down a bad path just because they're too afraid of the consequences of saying something.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
someone who is loyal and i can always trust someone who genuinely likes me and cares about me and vice versa

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
A friend is someone who has seen you at your worst but still believes in you. Someone who'll sacrifice their time, sometimes sleep or effort to help you. Someone who encourages you when you feel down, who can make you smile and even laugh, someone you can be yourself with.
For example these days, a friend is helping me studying. She's a translator and kind of a teacher (she's same age as I am), but even with her really busy schedule she stayed awake with me until 2AM to help me and she has offered to help me every night.

bulletproof

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Oh and someone who won't share your secrets with everybody :kijoongstare:

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Someone that is good talking to without it feeling like an obligation.

So yeah, it's something very scarce :pepesmug:

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Someone I can be bitchy to 24/7 without them getting mad

bulletproof

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship

bulletproof

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread