COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News My thoughts on Ilhoon leaving BTOB (1 Viewer)

Zsh

Reactions Received
KS Coins
A new drug scandal. A new member leaving. Kpop idols are really leaving their groups like crazy at this rate.

Im not sure why kpop companies do this. But it almost seems like they go from 0 to 100 in terms of restrictions and making kpop idols leave.

But spending a fucking 90k on maruijana?! This is a textbook definition of addiction. Ilhoon most likely couldnt function without it. It also probably affected his day to day life.

I dont think that cube should have made him leave, but instead given him one year of rehab.
It can be very demolarising to the person to suddenly have everyone shun them. Addicts need help more than shunning imo (Unless they dont want help, and just continue their ways)

But people saying that this law is stupid? Not necessarily. Dont people realise how harmful drugs are in general? Its amusing how big the alcohol culture is in South Korea, yet everyone throws hands when it comes to drugs(this happens in most countries though) Why arent both given the same importance?

I dont think its always healthy to let people do whatever the hell they want, when the chances of it destroying their life are higher. Better to be safe than sorry.

I just feel that companies fire their idols from their jobs, but dont give them the help they need (though companies arent their parents) and Ilhoon totally put himself in this situation. How unfortunate.

I think it is both a good and bad decision on Cubes part. Ilhoons issue could have deteriorated the group dynamics and work morale. But Cube pushed him out of the way when Ilhoon was exposed, and the question is whether Ilhoon will get the help he needs(and if Ilhoon wants to help himself)

I hope my post made sense.
Good luck to the ones who reached till the end.

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
If you watch Hello Counselor a lot of people ignore alcoholism or don't acknowledge it as a problem even when people come on the show talking about loved ones drinking in excess and it causing problems.

Zsh

Reactions Received
KS Coins
If you watch Hello Counselor a lot of people ignore alcoholism or don't acknowledge it as a problem even when people come on the show talking about loved ones drinking in excess and it causing problems.
I feel these are common in a lot of cultures though. Like western cultures. People take alcoholism as a joke sometimes. Though i would argue that there is slightly more awareness on how to deal the problems in the west, but its still a huge thing.

Terrible way to end 2020 for ilhoon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread