COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Music and Purchasing Habits (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
Does anybody buy CDs anymore? or even music in general? or are you just streaming?

Personally, I would buy music (i.e. Physical, digital) if the prices were reasonable. Many new cds are around 15 usd and its hard to justify that much on a jewel case five-page inserts and a compact disc.. Especially since artists aren't getting paid much for album sales... And artists who are dropped [from their label] based on low album sales tend to land on their feet pretty easily.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I used to buy physical albums, but my CD-player broke and I don't have much reason to buy new one right now. So buying albums I wouldn't rly listen doesn't make sense to me. I mostly just stream, it's so easy these days thanks to youtube and spotify.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Used to
Then I used music streaming services or just bought the digitals

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I only buy physical albums. Then rip em.
$ 15 for a 10 + Song Album is fine.
Although a good chunk of my domestic cd music collection(3-500 cd's) i bought used years ago.
Lately(since 2010) I mostly only buy Kpop and heck $15-20 with shipping for 3 album (out of Japan for example) i have some .
Korean albums though i only buy under 6 song albums if i happen to be in Korea, or i find it super cheap in amazon.

I have bought a handful of digital songs from amazon. Mostly English versions of kpop songs by the og artist.
I despise Apple and thus never will use itunes or buy a product.

Although the perma digital library from some albums bought on amazon is kinda nice, not that i ever use it much. Most of the music in amazon music is family buys.
these are mine but.

Last edited:

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I buy alot on itunes digitally. I do buy some physical kpop albums too. I just got As You Wish (WJSN) and Mamamoo‘s Second Full Album today.

eclipsoul

barbie (2023) fan account
Reactions Received
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
i own a lot of CDs now that i think about it, it's just that none of them are k-pop. there are a few stores near me which sell CDs and they're often cheap so i sometimes buy something when i'm there.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
i own a lot of CDs now that i think about it, it's just that none of them are k-pop. there are a few stores near me which sell CDs and they're often cheap so i sometimes buy something when i'm there.
Yeah, there's this store in my city, that I haven't been to, that sells cds pretty cheap. Some online shops too.

Lol.. I just noticed you're from the same place my great-grandparents emigrated from.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I occasionally buy kpop albums because they're something I'm interested in collecting? Other than that I see no point in buying physical music bc I use things like YouTube and Spotify which make it so much easier, I just like collecting my favourite groups

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread