COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News KBS apology to Apink (1 Viewer)

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
We sincerely apologize to Apink and their fans for Apink’s performance not being able to end as planned during 2019 KBS Song Festival yesterday.

Our mistake did not allow the performance, that the members prepared for their fans and worked hard day and night for despite their busy schedules, to shine properly, and we are not sure how to console the hurt that the members and fans are experiencing as a result. We apologize to the staff of Apink as well, who worked hard to create a great stage.

Yesterday, camera rehearsals were delayed by over an hour as we faced issues with the video equipment that was suspended from the ceiling. It was an unfortunate but necessary delay for safety reasons, but at the request from the event management team who said that we could not delay audience admissions into the venue any longer, I ordered for a portion of the camera rehearsals to be omitted.

This was an error of our staff during the live show, but it was an accident that would not have happened if we had better prepared for the show, so I take full responsibility for this. We will seriously look over the production issues that took place, and place measures to ensure that it does not happen again.

Once again, we bow our heads and apologize to Apink and their fans.

2019 KBS Song Festival head producer Kwon Yong Taek

Source

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
We sincerely apologize to Apink and their fans for Apink’s performance not being able to end as planned during 2019 KBS Song Festival yesterday.

Our mistake did not allow the performance, that the members prepared for their fans and worked hard day and night for despite their busy schedules, to shine properly, and we are not sure how to console the hurt that the members and fans are experiencing as a result. We apologize to the staff of Apink as well, who worked hard to create a great stage.

Yesterday, camera rehearsals were delayed by over an hour as we faced issues with the video equipment that was suspended from the ceiling. It was an unfortunate but necessary delay for safety reasons, but at the request from the event management team who said that we could not delay audience admissions into the venue any longer, I ordered for a portion of the camera rehearsals to be omitted.

This was an error of our staff during the live show, but it was an accident that would not have happened if we had better prepared for the show, so I take full responsibility for this. We will seriously look over the production issues that took place, and place measures to ensure that it does not happen again.

Once again, we bow our heads and apologize to Apink and their fans.

2019 KBS Song Festival head producer Kwon Yong Taek

Source
sounds like a legit live show screw up. If i understand what he said they never had a full dress rehearsal because of the equipment issue, so they messed up the end time.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
A much better apology than SBS, but they still didn’t address the red carpet incident.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
A much better apology than SBS, but they still didn’t address the red carpet incident.
Might have not got their attention since the stage was the main thing it would've been talked about more and easier to see.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah I want to know why they were cut off from doing their photo time and interview, but then the artists who arrived after them didn’t get cut.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
It still sucks how underprepared these shows have been.

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
Pronouns
She/Her
Better than the shitty apology that sbs gave for Wendy’s fall
trueeee

That being said: I really do believe there was a screw up. Things like this happens. I don't agree with their treatment of them backstage but people come for KBS. IF it's really a technical error, there's nothing they could've done

eclipsoul

barbie (2023) fan account
Reactions Received
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
this is already so much better than what sbs said after wendy got injured. still, i feel bad for apink. i mean it's terrible how each of the year-end shows turned out to be a mess.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
They really did them dirty lul :susPepe: Chorong didn't fix her nose for u kbs to cut her screentime...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread