COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Appreciation It's been 600 Days since then (1 Viewer)

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
It's been 600 Days since A.C.E's Debut 'Cactus'

Probably one of the riskiest debuts by going with a sound that was rarely utilized in K-Pop before.
Not only were fans and interested people surprised by that but also by how in sync their choreo was as a rookie group.

And since they, they proved again and again how much of a class A group they are.
They use each voice perfectly, give the chance to shine to every member in every song and choreo they had so far.
So far they have shown a wide variety of songs as well, including different genres for almost every song released so far.

While K-Pop was always on a more unisex style in clothes, having females dress more manly and males dress more female from time to time, males using nailpolish etc., but for me personally A.C.E took that up a notch.
Already beginning at the debut, wearing corsets and skirts.
Up to the hotpants
To nailpolish an flowery accessory

To crop tops

"When breaking conventional expectations of how men should or shouldn't look, A.C.E.'s methods tend to be more overt and fashion-forward than many other K-pop groups"
"To reflect the playful, whimsical vibe of their most recent album Adventure in Wonderland, members Wow and Donghun covered their nails in colorful, geometrical art, and the latter dyed his hair fluorescent red for the occasion. Kim Byeongkwan, on the other hand, experimented with feather hair extensions, bubblegum-pink hair, and silver glitter. The pink hair was a highlight for Kim Byeongkwan. He'd have it for the rest of his life if he could."
"We've gotten so used to it that now we know how to make up ourselves." They know how to do their eye shadow, he adds. If you ever see photos of them from the airport and they're seen wearing makeup, they most likely did it themselves."
Full Interview

But that's not even all the reason I stan them.
One more reason is their interactive nature with fans. Be it on twitter, writing supportive messages and quotes from books onto twitter pictures to make Choices feel better, happy etc. or back in the days for their busking and first few promotion stages for Cactus, creating things for the ones who came to watch and support them.
On fansigns, staff telling fans not to hold hands but just do high five's but then A.C.E disregarding it and holding hands with fans from their site on.
Supporters of LGBTQ.
They also have just such a great group dynamic. While still being friends, none of them is afraid to give their opinion or disagree with others, maybe even fighting some times or annoying each others you can tell that they genuinely like being around each other.

And Beat Interactive might be one of my most favorite Entertainments.
Just the way how they are handling A.C.E.
While they probably don't do it everyday, they have to read books etc. about topics like racism, lgbtq, feminism and other important topics.
While for me this isn't a big issue, but back in Mix9 final group debut days, one of the Mix9 members asked what his sister wants for his birthday. Jokingly Donghun &Jason said "Chanel bags" because for how they noticed it, that's what girls want most of the time.
Beat took it upon them after the knetz weren't too keen on it, to have 30 minute sessions in the following days to teach them about feminism and all that.

While I agree with the statement, that Idols generally might be different in front of camera's than behind it, I still think that A.C.E are as far as possible most likely to be the same way like they are behaving in front of cameras.

Member's messages for 600 Days with Choices
Jun

Wow

Donghun

Jason

Chan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread