COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Is it Wrong to refer to Idols by their Real name instead of their Stage name(if they have one)? (1 Viewer)

What do you think?

• Yes it is wrong

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No it is not wrong

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Do you think it is wrong to call idols by their Real name when they have a Stage name?
Few examples
Stage name(Group) - Real name
Chen(EXO) - Jongdae
Key(Shinee) - Ki bum
Hwasa(Mamamoo) - Hye Jin
Irene(Red Velvet) - Joo Hyun

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
More people use Krystal's Korean name than her birth name
I always just think of her as Soojung
I don't think it's wrong or weird at all
Some idols real names just fit more than their stage name

Kimono

Woo Woo Wa Baby
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Not wrong for yourself but if meeting them, it may offend them? I don’t know?

TXT

Reactions Received
KS Coins
like someone said if you meet the idol at a fan meet or something, i would use the stage name just for a formality reason

but at the same time a lot of idols use their real name either a lone or its officially interchangeable with their stage name, so its not taboo or wrong to call any idol by their real name. It's not like their true identity is supposed to be a secret or anything

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Pronouns
She/Her
I guess it depends on context. If I’m talking within the fandom I’ll tend to use real names more often, whereas outside the fandom I’ll use stage names if they have one. I don’t think either way is wrong though.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I don't think it is wrong especially if you are able to PROPERLY say their birthname. Face it it does get annoying when people butcher your birth name no matter how much you try not to let it annoy you. I, in matter of fact, enjoy some stage names because it creates a name international fans can say.

DO, and Leo oddly come first to my mind when I say this.

Also it helps sort through all the idols with similar names. Example like Seunghyun, Jisoo, Minhyuk or Minsoek (sp?). How many people can you think of with similar birth name. SO stage names give us an idea who is being referenced to. Of course between fans talking to fan this wouldn't matter any because they'd know.

In a nut shell: Depends on the situation, but for the most part it's not wrong.

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
And to answer the thread, I mostly use their stage names and on occasion, I use their real names. I don't think it matters much tbh.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
More people use Krystal's Korean name than her birth name
I always just think of her as Soojung
I don't think it's wrong or weird at all
Some idols real names just fit more than their stage name
see and i only use soojung when i am doing the same front and back quote.

I really think i t depends. The kids typically call each other by the Korean names even Tiffany and Jessica were called by snsd member by the k names.

I just know em for the fan chants but i would never call say Eunha or Sinb Eunbi. park sooyoung just when quoting the crazy dude..
Now if you ended up actually knowing and hanging out ya call em what they choose.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
And to answer the thread, I mostly use their stage names and on occasion, I use their real names. I don't think it matters much tbh.
Who doesn't :welp:

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
see and i only use soojung when i am doing the same front and back quote.

I really think i t depends. The kids typically call each other by the Korean names even Tiffany and Jessica were called by snsd member by the k names.

I just know em for the fan chants but i would never call say Eunha or Sinb Eunbi. park sooyoung just when quoting the crazy dude..
Now if you ended up actually knowing and hanging out ya call em what they choose.
^

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Depends if the idol doesn't like their real name being used by fans like I know for Yves she prefers that you do call her by her real name but apart from a situation like that it wouldn't matter.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
It doesn't matter to me.
You only get side eyed by me if you use these stupid stage names iKON suddenly got. Like who the f is DK, Jay, Song and Chan :worry::worry::worry::worry::worry:

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
It doesn't matter to me.
You only get side eyed by me if you use these stupid stage names iKON suddenly got. Like who the f is DK, Jay, Song and Chan :worry::worry::worry::worry::worry:
Donkey Kong is a member of iKon? :nakypog:

yeji

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Reactions Received
KS Coins
It is not okay unless you are close to them. You first and foremost know them by their stage name, and that is how you should address them, should you ever meet them. In Korea, it's super impolite calling someone you don't know personally only by their name.

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I use them pretty interchangebly but if I would ever meet them in person, I would probably use their stage names.

It is not okay unless you are close to them. You first and foremost know them by their stage name, and that is how you should address them, should you ever meet them. In Korea, it's super impolite calling someone you don't know personally only by their name.
I know it is pretty rude but I've seen lots of videos where Korean fans will shout 'Kim Taehyung' or 'Park Sooyoung' in front of the idols. No one seems to find it impolite though...

yeji

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I tend to go with stage names, but some are... awkward, sorry New from TBZ :lazypotato:
yeah some are really awkward. Like YG suddenly giving stage name years after debut to Winner and iKONN :jisoosmh: which makes no sense

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread