COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

is it bad that i wish there was more drama in kpop (1 Viewer)

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I really dislike petty drama. But I definitely agree with letting idols be more open about their thoughts and opinions. I feel like we'll have to wait a long time for that to happen though.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Now i would love to end Shipping any flavor and fan fic that shit is creepy.
But the problem is idols are the fans 'friends' and to some extent their toys so folks get away with that stuff.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Kids commuted suicide this year over minor drama and you want more tension?
The job is hard enough.
as far as I'm concerned the idols that have committed suicide did it because of bigger situations... not the minor innocent drama that I was talking about.
and all im saying is that idols shouldn't have to be prim and proper all the time, I know that this image of them will probably not change in the future but its nice to think about idols actually having opinions and thoughts instead of being told what to do or say all the time.

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Tbh I just want to know what the beef is between Jeongyeon and Jimin.

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
May I suggest:

Keeping Up With (Insert Group)
Love and Hip Hop Seoul

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Even minor drama leads to statements like this being released:

“The member who explained he was meeting a close hyung in an inappropriate way is sincerely regretting his thoughtless comment and has promised to behave more carefully after speaking with the agency.”

Something that can be seen as an innocuous joke by some can seen as inappropriate and thoughtless by others.

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Please I would love to watch these.
Previously on Love and Hip Hop Seoul,

Mark appeared in UN Village in hopes of finding Jihyo. His intentions? Win back Kang Daniel, and mark Jihyo off of his list forever.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
as far as I'm concerned the idols that have committed suicide did it because of bigger situations... not the minor innocent drama that I was talking about.
and all im saying is that idols shouldn't have to be prim and proper all the time, I know that this image of them will probably not change in the future but its nice to think about idols actually having opinions and thoughts instead of being told what to do or say all the time.
They do have thoughts, they are just smarter than the average bear and know that having thoughts is its own value. They have chosen to be IDOLS ie someone that people look up to expect to follow/ respect, the very best version of themselves. This is an awesome thing.

Be an indi artist if that is what they want to do.
Go to YG folks always say he does not have IDOLS just kids, and their behavior bears that out by and large.

But if you want to be an IDOL it is an whole different level to the dumb ass airheads we have in the west that think since they sing/rap they are special.

Ill take kpop any day over biber swift ect and any of the rest of those pretenders to worth.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Previously on Love and Hip Hop Seoul,

Mark appeared in UN Village in hopes of finding Jihyo. His intentions? Win back Kang Daniel, and mark Jihyo off of his list forever.
nah this would actually be an amazing show, someone needs to get on it asap!

"previously on keeping up with the pinks"

"jennie, lisa, jisoo and Rose go to the yg building with intents of calling out yg for treating them like shit, will their full album come out any time soon, or will they go another year with a mini album with four songs and a remix. stay tuned to find out!"

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
nah this would actually be an amazing show, someone needs to get on it asap!

"previously on keeping up with the pinks"

"jennie, lisa, jisoo and Rose go to the yg building with intents of calling out yg for treating them like shit, will their full album come out any time soon, or will they go another year with a mini album with four songs and a remix. stay tuned to find out!"
Tensions arise as Jennie gets upset that Rose borrows her designer outfit specifically designed for her.
In Rose's defense, her styling is absolutely horrible every time.
In Jennie's defense, the outfit was important to her.
Is it YG or the girls to blame?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
They do have thoughts, they are just smarter than the average bear and know that having thoughts is its own value. They have chosen to be IDOLS ie someone that people look up to expect to follow/ respect, the very best version of themselves. This is an awesome thing.

Be an indi artist if that is what they want to do.
Go to YG folks always say he does not have IDOLS just kids, and their behavior bears that out by and large.

But if you want to be an IDOL it is an whole different level to the dumb ass airheads we have in the west that think since they sing/rap they are special.

Ill take kpop any day over biber swift ect and any of the rest of those pretenders to worth.
I don't think that its an awesome thing when idols never get to speak their minds and are treated as objects. it's cool that they're being the best version of themselves, but are they really being themselves when all they do is put on a fake facade for their fans? im perfectly fine with my faves being "dumbass airheads" if it means that they don't have to put on a fake mask and deal with the mistreatment that they get from their, companies, fans and just the industry in general. yes, idols knew what they signed up for, but many of them went into the business at young ages, only wanting to sing or dance, and show off their talents. I don't think that anyone of them went in thinking that they were going to be treated like objects that had to be perfect and proper all the time.

and a lot of those dumb asses in the west like taylor swift are actually fighting for the rights of recording artists and calling out award shows for their bullshit.

look I'm not saying that I want big drama that could possibly end careers or want idols to be world leaders and be the front of multiple world movements. I just wanted there to be some innocent drama.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
no

if you want that then the Western industry is great for that.. some people want that, some people dont, it's nice to have a place like kpop where you occasionally have it but it's taboo and rare

I listen to music for the musuc, not for people's personal lives and personal shit, we all have enough of our own to deal with

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yes, multiple idols have committed suicide this year. So many members have left decently popular groups over drama... like this year has been pretty tragic honestly.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Korean society seems to have the mentality of "keep it in the house". Also they don't really seem to care about celebrity opinions and just expect them to do their job and keep a strict line between public and private life like anyone else. For Idols it's just up to 100 and with a really perfect young image.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread