COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

is it bad that i wish there was more drama in kpop (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
like i know that drama is bad in the industry and that we should be "preach love and positivity uwu" but Idk I just wish that idols were able say stuff about certain people, whether its about other idols or their companies. say what you want about the western music industry, but it was always entertaining because of all the drama.

i know it makes me a bad person for wishing that we had more shit going down in kpop but i know im not the only one who thinks this.

i know there are certain idols who have beef with each other! I want to find out what goes on!

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I only wish idols and companies would talk out more about disgusting fan behavior just to put them into place, which kinda has been happening more and more the past few weeks but definitely not enough

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I only wish idols and companies would talk out more about disgusting fan behavior just to put them into place, which kinda has been happening more and more the past few weeks but definitely not enough
right i agree,, ive seen quite a few idols putting fans in their place over the past few months and i just wish there was more of it. I feel like thats genuinely the only way for some of these disgusting "fans" to really stop what they're doing. because the majority of them think that what theyre doing is right because the idol never says that its wrong.

I also wish kpop idols would call award shows out for their bullshit also, everyone went crazy when this came out.

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I guess I do wish there was more honesty, right now idols as a whole but especially those from certain companies can't say much of anything no matter what they believe in which is frustrating, which is part of the reason fans feel so free to do whatever they want. That doesn't go with just negativity though, honest positivity towards others would also be nice to see. I don't particularly care for meaningless drama, but I know some people do and thats okay.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I guess it depends what kind of drama and the consequences. Hollywood drama seems more explosive but less damaging? I don't mind rivalry and such that much, but i feel like even small things have too big consequences in kpop.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
More Drama?
We have had ongoing sex and cheating scandals.
a record number of kids bailing from groups.
kpop folks calling out others for cheating the system.

What do ya want chick fights like the bat shit crazy taylor swift crap ect?
Where is the value in that?

Less chaos would be nice.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Childish but honestly same.
Imagine idols getting into cat fights :wimwim:

I guess it's a difference in Korean society. Every time some idols tried to call out someone else on Twitter, they wind up losing their careers. Doesn't help that idols aren't exactly allowed to have opinions that would cause people to get into fights over

eclipsoul

barbie (2023) fan account
Reactions Received
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
while i tend to ignore the "drama", i wish idols were allowed to be more open about certain things happening in the industry.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Where have you been? This year has been nothing but drama and pretty serious drama at that.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
More Drama?
We have had ongoing sex and cheating scandals.
a record number of kids bailing from groups.
kpop folks calling out others for cheating the system.

What do ya want chick fights like the bat shit crazy taylor swift crap ect?
Where is the value in that?

Less chaos would be nice.
I just want innocent drama, like idk some idol beef. I think that it's just entertaining. I'm just kinda sick of the whole, prim and proper image that we get from idols. I'm not asking for drama that could ruin careers but for idols to be able to speak their minds when they want to, just some small shading here and there and calling out companies for their bullshit.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Childish but honestly same.
Imagine idols getting into cat fights :wimwim:

I guess it's a difference in Korean society. Every time some idols tried to call out someone else on Twitter, they wind up losing their careers. Doesn't help that idols aren't exactly allowed to have opinions that would cause people to get into fights over
right? I knew I wasn't the only one. and tbh I don't think that knets would be mad at idols for calling out things that are clearly wrong. I mean knets basically hate all kpop companies. wouldn't it be better for the idols if they could call out their companies instead of just staying silent.

also kpop catfights would be entertaining to watch

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I guess I do wish there was more honesty, right now idols as a whole but especially those from certain companies can't say much of anything no matter what they believe in which is frustrating, which is part of the reason fans feel so free to do whatever they want. That doesn't go with just negativity though, honest positivity towards others would also be nice to see. I don't particularly care for meaningless drama, but I know some people do and thats okay.
same! I just wish that idols could be more honest with their fans without being afraid of the consequences. I just hate how restricted kpop idols are when it comes to sharing certain things.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Well as far as this year goes only thing that comes to mind is Mamamoo shading MMA
yeah, I saw that, and tbh I want more of it. award shows especially in the past few years have been snubbing idols for multiple things. I think it would be so cool for idols to call them out.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I just want innocent drama, like idk some idol beef. I think that it's just entertaining. I'm just kinda sick of the whole, prim and proper image that we get from idols. I'm not asking for drama that could ruin careers but for idols to be able to speak their minds when they want to, just some small shading here and there and calling out companies for their bullshit.
Given the state of kpop
A. every single Idol is an employee. only monsters like say Taeyeon or BoA can even pretend to mess with the company..
because they will not fire you, you just will not work. They own you until the terms of the contract are up.
B. bitching about other Idols is a sure fire way to loose your career. Evidently there ARE idols who are monster pains in the ass and prima donnas/diva's.
But calling any of them out is problematic. Lets says BTS, BP, Twice, RV, gfriend, 17 , got 7 , txt , nct, IU , Summin , Chungha or EXO ect are assholes in real life. No one will say shit .... ever they would get killed. Its even worse you call out some newbie they are done like forever.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
honestly the way kpop still is, it‘s impossible. korean society still wants idol to be prim and propere so messy situations like twitter beef wouldn’t happen.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Kids commuted suicide this year over minor drama and you want more tension?
The job is hard enough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread