COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Idol companies related to BS (1 Viewer)

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
So far these are the companies the idols involved are from

YG - Seungri
FNC - Jonghoon & Jonghyun
Cube/Around US - Junhyung (since the messages so far are from 2015/16 when they were Beast)

Does this knowledge change your perception of any of these companies or do you still think of them the same way?​

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I felt iffy about fnc. Something just was off with that agency.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Does this knowledge change your perception of any of these companies or do you still think of them the same way?​
Tbh, no and yes - except for YG. Those idols are at fault, not their companies.

YG, on the other hand, looks very shady right now and with all the stuff that happened in the past (e.g. 2NE1 disbandment, MIXNINE cancellation), I can't say that I'm very fond of the label itself.

Last edited:

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
It's not like I had a good image of those companies anyway

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Tbh, no and yes - except for YG. Those idols are at fault, not their companies.

YG, on the other hand, looks very shady right now and with all the stuff that happened in the past (e.g. 2NE1 disbandment, MIXNINE cancellation), I can't say that I'm very fond of the label itself.
YG and the story with his wife gives me the creeps. This alone shows how messed up he is as a person.

I do want to say that the idols themselves of YG are not at fault. I am still attached to my iKON, BP, Hayi, AKMU, One and Winner

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I'm thinking of the ramifications of these. Idk about FNC but YG for instance gave BigBang and 2NE1 a lot of freedom compared to say SM idols, and we can see how careful they are and how many restrictions they have on their current groups. I only expect that to increase going forward.

Although lowkey I think YG is involved in some way in this Seungri mess too but that's another story.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Burning sun isn't even 1 yo yet
The chat is from 2015

All yg get flack rn is seungri, who has been let go
And YHS owning some club/restaurants and tax related issues

Tbh the samgyeori butcher (right name?) ik from before this scandals, is a Korean BBQ restaurant kind of place, many people goes there, and now that place was mentioned as a club YHS owned. It's confusing, and it was in a news too before this shits happen.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Also I don't believe those companies monitored their senior idols that much, like checking their phones from time to time. why would they do that, they are rich and won't resign if they were being controlled like when they were rookies.

For me, personally, I can't comprehend taeyang daesung knowing about the videos or prostitution and didn't do anything to stop it.

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
SF9 is the only moderately sized male group from FNC without a case of sexual harasement
But no it hasn't, I blame the idols not the company

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I feel like companies are shady for other reasons

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
I really think it's the idols most of the time... in this case especially, YG was personally involved in the matter but the rest of the companies only had their members revealed and only YG defended his own... doesn't mean they aren't guilty of something but well as far as i see it, they didn't do anything in this case. I kinda expected Junhyung to be involved... his songs were sometimes really god damn sexual but in a kinda creepy way so this just makes it worse

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
she/her
I mean, most of the companies are shit for multiple reasons, but... Unless we get solid evidence that there indeed are upper company staff members involved in this mess, I wouldn't point fingers at the companies. So far these are just nasty individuals, and I don't feel like wasting my energy with hating on these companies even more than I usually do.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
I don’t think the companies would knowingly hire people who would get arrested, right? They want to make money, and they can’t do that if their idols are in jail.

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I don't know man but FNC's statements were.... Like, get it the fuck together. We also all saw how CUBE handled Hyuna's situation last year. That whole thing really speaks for itself. YG... Well we been knew lol.

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I can't help but feel iffy about FNC at this point... they've had two idols from two of their most popular groups outed for being gross pigs at best, sex offenders at worst then you have to take into account that not too long ago Kwangjin from N.Flying, the bassist from ANOTHER one of their groups was accused of similarly sleazy behaviour as well! That's THREE of their most popular groups and they ALL had a pervert amongst the members, surely there has to come a point where you start to question the people behind the scenes if all of these guys that pass through your company think it's ok to act like this!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
she/her
I can't help but feel iffy about FNC at this point... they've had two idols from two of their most popular groups outed for being gross pigs at best, sex offenders at worst then you have to take into account that not too long ago Kwangjin from N.Flying, the bassist from ANOTHER one of their groups was accused of similarly sleazy behaviour as well! That's THREE of their most popular groups and they ALL had a pervert amongst the members, surely there has to come a point where you start to question the people behind the scenes if all of these guys that pass through your company think it's ok to act like this!
Keep in mind that quite usually sex offenders and such are people you know, family members and so on. At times it's extremely hard to tell what they're actually like even if you're with them a lot, and I guess the same goes for the company staff. It's not like you can walk up to someone and ask "hey btw are you fine with sexual harassment" and expect them to answer honestly. Sadly these people usually just get exposed when it's already too late.

Also I dunno, I think I'd be more surprised if there were a lot of people from multiple companies involved rather than just, say, from FNC. Idols probably know their fellow company idols somewhat well and hang out, so it's not that surprising really if some of them had mutual "friends".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread