COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

How many years ahead have BTS planned?? (1 Viewer)

For how much longer have BTS songs left?

• They keep this up for 1-2 years, then they will be out of songs

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I think max for 3-4 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Untili they are back together, so 5-6 years

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • They can keep it up forever!

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Moguri

💗 magical cat 💗
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Once
Pronouns
feline
Ship
Wreck
So as I just learned, they already released 2 songs this years, after officially being on hiatus due to the miliatary service... so I wonder, how many more songs do they have in their back pocket, will they pull this off until the group is back together in 4-5 years?

Tbh I think its likely, they put more songs out than anyone else during their active time, so we have no idea how deep their back catalogue of songs is.

You can also vote!

seoriverse

piece of me, piece of mind
Reactions Received
Website
iluvseori.com
KS Coins
Fandom
loonarmy seoro
Pronouns
she/her
Wreck
Their plan is that all members finish service by 2025! The members that aren't serving will continue working on solos until then I guess... but BTS really have a Mariana Trench type of deep hidden catalogue

Moguri

💗 magical cat 💗
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Once
Pronouns
feline
Ship
Wreck
Their plan is that all members finish service by 2025! The members that aren't serving will continue working on solos until then I guess... but BTS really have a Mariana Trench type of deep hidden catalogue
but how is that working out? I thought only 2 of them are already in, so for them to be back at 2025 the rest would have to start now? Isn't it like 2 1/2 years of service?

seoriverse

Reactions Received
Website
iluvseori.com
KS Coins
Fandom
loonarmy seoro
Pronouns
she/her
Wreck
but how is that working out? I thought only 2 of them are already in, so for them to be back at 2025 the rest would have to start now? Isn't it like 2 1/2 years of service?
Depends on your type of service, the shortest it can be is a year & a half.

seoriverse

Reactions Received
Website
iluvseori.com
KS Coins
Fandom
loonarmy seoro
Pronouns
she/her
Wreck
so how does the 2025 scneario work out, its the middle of 2023 already :susPepe:
if the last one enter at the very beginning of 2024, they'll finish mid-2025. i really don't know when they're planning to send each one, they only make an announcement a few weeks (?) before they go

Moguri

💗 magical cat 💗
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Once
Pronouns
feline
Ship
Wreck
if the last one enter at the very beginning of 2024, they'll finish mid-2025. i really don't know when they're planning to send each one, they only make an announcement a few weeks (?) before they go
lets see! I remember reading some article that they do not plan to go so quickly and it might take longer for everyone to be back, but no idea what is true, if you are right that could work out

seoriverse

Reactions Received
Website
iluvseori.com
KS Coins
Fandom
loonarmy seoro
Pronouns
she/her
Wreck
lets see! I remember reading some article that they do not plan to go so quickly and it might take longer for everyone to be back, but no idea what is true, if you are right that could work out
Well, as long as everyone is back for 2025, I'm happy 🥹 They weren't very clear on how exactly the process would look like, but I imagine it takes some time to remove the exemption they were under before and set up their departure! Anyway, the next one to leave will either probably be Yoongi. He released his solo album, but doesn't seem to have further plans like Namjoon who just signed up to be an ambassador and talked about releasing more music. Jimin is possible too, but he isn't close to the age limit to sign up.

Moguri

💗 magical cat 💗
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Once
Pronouns
feline
Ship
Wreck
Well, as long as everyone is back for 2025, I'm happy 🥹 They weren't very clear on how exactly the process would look like, but I imagine it takes some time to remove the exemption they were under before and set up their departure! Anyway, the next one to leave will either probably be Yoongi. He released his solo album, but doesn't seem to have further plans like Namjoon who just signed up to be an ambassador and talked about releasing more music. Jimin is possible too, but he isn't close to the age limit to sign up.
But is it correct that so far only 2 have started?

seoriverse

Reactions Received
Website
iluvseori.com
KS Coins
Fandom
loonarmy seoro
Pronouns
she/her
Wreck
But is it correct that so far only 2 have started?
Yes, Jin has been gone since December 2022 & J-hope went in April.

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Iirc they're shortening it too gradually? But I don't know when that was planned to be for. And yeah there are different branches which serve different times. But if you mean that BTS have planned a lot because their soloists are releasing solos I don't necessarily see how that's planning ahead given there's 5 (?) members not enlisted and it would be more odd if they just sat there twiddling their thumbs while their members are gone when they have the ability and background to be soloists. It's not unusual I don't think for military service to put group activities on hold and focus on solo/subunits. I would think planning ahead would mean members in the military had released premade content that they made before and so on. But the whole premade content is also iffy because there are laws in place forbidding anyone actively in the military from posting certain things. I don't know the laws exactly but I think Baekhyun was forced to take down premade content because of it during his service.

Moguri

💗 magical cat 💗
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Once
Pronouns
feline
Ship
Wreck
Iirc they're shortening it too gradually? But I don't know when that was planned to be for. And yeah there are different branches which serve different times. But if you mean that BTS have planned a lot because their soloists are releasing solos I don't necessarily see how that's planning ahead given there's 5 (?) members not enlisted and it would be more odd if they just sat there twiddling their thumbs while their members are gone when they have the ability and background to be soloists. It's not unusual I don't think for military service to put group activities on hold and focus on solo/subunits. I would think planning ahead would mean members in the military had released premade content that they made before and so on. But the whole premade content is also iffy because there are laws in place forbidding anyone actively in the military from posting certain things. I don't know the laws exactly but I think Baekhyun was forced to take down premade content because of it during his service.
I meant ofc them still posting new group music while members are gone, not what the solos do :passcodea:

I didn't know about the last part, I wonder what the restrictions are, maybe they are not allowed to post videos like an M/V with the members in it?

seoriverse

Reactions Received
Website
iluvseori.com
KS Coins
Fandom
loonarmy seoro
Pronouns
she/her
Wreck

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I meant ofc them still posting new group music while members are gone, not what the solos do :passcodea:

I didn't know about the last part, I wonder what the restrictions are, maybe they are not allowed to post videos like an M/V with the members in it?
I’m confused, did bts release songs as a full group with all members in it this year?
It looks like from what I’m finding is that they can’t work a job or engage in profit making activities. Baekhyuns seemed to be legal premade content but they ended up deciding to stop it so there aren’t misunderstandings I guess. I think it’s kind of vague and close enough that they don’t want to risk it.

seoriverse

Reactions Received
Website
iluvseori.com
KS Coins
Fandom
loonarmy seoro
Pronouns
she/her
Wreck
I’m confused, did bts release songs as a full group with all members in it this year?
It looks like from what I’m finding is that they can’t work a job or engage in profit making activities. Baekhyuns seemed to be legal premade content but they ended up deciding to stop it so there aren’t misunderstandings I guess. I think it’s kind of vague and close enough that they don’t want to risk it.
Yes, they have. They released 'The Planet' for an animated series & 'Take Two' to celebrate their 10th year anniversary.

Moguri

💗 magical cat 💗
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Once
Pronouns
feline
Ship
Wreck
yes 2 songs, like I said in the OP! The newest one just the other day, Seori just made this thread earlier about it racing to #1 on the itunes chart:

seoriverse

Reactions Received
Website
iluvseori.com
KS Coins
Fandom
loonarmy seoro
Pronouns
she/her
Wreck

Moguri

💗 magical cat 💗
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Once
Pronouns
feline
Ship
Wreck
pls mogu now i'm scared for bts 😭 it's literally my new fav song they can't take it down
who is they?? I'm sure Hybe would not make a mistake like that!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread