COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

[Have You Met] Introducing Youra (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
img_v3_029f_d170d016-eb5a-4053-aa57-daf77809a9eh.png

Banner by @Nina

Submitter: @ningholic
Original thread: Youra

Youra is a Korean solo singer and singer-songwriter. She debuted with her first digital single "My". She is under the company Mua Hwa In.

Member profile
1711644419571.png

Some facts:
Birth Name:
Kim Yura (김유라)
Birthday: February 17, 1993
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/you.ra/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/official.youra
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/yourayoura
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgmcWsu4pBRmEQz1l5cklQ
  • She likes to cook, watch vines on YouTube, as well as uploading Instagram stories at late night.​
  • She was a contestant in survival show The Fan where rookie artists compete against each other. Singer Lena Park requested Youra to appear as a guest at her own concerts after participating in the show.​
  • Youra is a person who does not look at the past or future. She lives everyday doing her best and is open-minded about working with others on various kinds of music.​
  • Wanting to protect her voice, she drinks water frequently, wraps a scarf around her neck when going to sleep, wears a face mask as seasons change, and uses throat spray.​
  • She collaborated with 015B after they listened to her music on Soundcloud and contacted her.​
  • She looks up to artists that make music featured in movies, that do jazz or classical music.​
  • As of 2019, her top three songs in the playlist are “Porcelain” by Moby, “That’s It” by Sofi Tukker, and “Family Affair” Mary J Blige.​
  • She was featured in “sadderday” by Owen Ovadoz.​
  • Youra owns four cats: a longhair cat that is mix of Japanese bobtail and Scottish Fold, British Shorthair, tabby cat, as well as longhair tuxedo cat.​
*Facts from kprofiles

Songs:
Here are some of her most notable releases

Latest release:

Debut song:

First EP:

First full album:

Music videos:

Performances:

Interview:

Reviews
Thank you to this months reviewers, @ParksQueen301 @kingdom @taemoon !

I reviewed her two singles and an extra.

Motif - I don't like how the music overpowers her voice. I'll bet it's beautiful, but I just can't hear her! 5/10

Throat - this one's not much better than the last. It's just so frustrating when you can't hear the singer! 6/10

Faded - same as the other two, too much insturmental, not enough vocals! 5/10

Sorry, but this album isn't my cup of tea. I'm sure I'd love her if she just toned down on the instrumentals so we could actually HEAR her. 5/10 overall

First of all, I’d like to mention that I have listened to a couple of her songs before, particularly the ones that were released from years ago — Rawww, MIMI, & my are my main fav ones from hers so far. I’ve been wanting to check out more of her songs including her recent releases so I was happy to find out that she was chosen for this month’s have you met! ☺

My song reviews from her latest songs:

1. (I sing, I’ve no shape, I’m incomplete, and I fly) — The rock elements in this is pretty nice with a mix of chill-RnB in it and it flows pretty well with the song. However, this song is a hit or miss for me - both the pre-chorus and the chorus seem to have something that’s missing imo. Other than that, the rest of the song is alright. 6/10

2. 101 (Home Home) — another song with some rock elements to it which I appreciate. It mixes well with the chill/mellow RnB sound and it’s overall a nice, relaxing song to listen to. If I could describe the emotion of this song, I’d say it has a more of a dark and gloomy feeling to it and the type you can listen to during a rainy day whilst the sky is grey. 8/10

3. Worm in the Apple — this sounds more like an intro song based on how it sounds overall. The beat in the background that’s played from the start till the end of the song is pretty cool, I love it!🔥. The vibe of this song kinda gives off a hypnotic/trance-like feeling I would say. The song only lasts for more than 2 minutes so I wish they would’ve made it longer lol. 9/10

1. Rawww - It's a little too quiet-ish for me, it's not a song I would listen to a lot, but her voice with the beat sounds really pleasant and sweet. 6/10
2. Laundry - It's about the same as Raww, but I like her voice a lot better in this song, so I'd give it an 7/10.
3. My hair is green - Here, she sounds like another female idol, and she sounds sooooo good hereee!!!!! This one if definitely my favorite out of these 3. 9/10!!

Last edited:

BlackpinkINSync

༺✮•°◤ 𝙀𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙖𝙣 ◥°•✮༻
Reactions Received
Website
www.ancestry.com
KS Coins
Fandom
𓂀 𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂 𓂀
Pronouns
𝙝𝙚/𝙝𝙞𝙢
she is pretty as a picture

ningholic

worlds best girlfriend
Reactions Received
Website
2xning.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
🍀🌱🦎
Pronouns
they/she (prefer they more)
Ship
Wreck
Omg yay!!!! Thanks everyone and the banner is beautiful! :leavingmind:

Strawberry_Starz

🌈✨🌈✨🌈✨🌈✨🌈
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multifandom
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread