COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

[Have You Met] Introducing LIGHTSUM (1 Viewer)

Mandisa

🦋🦋🦋
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Once
Pronouns
she/her

Banner by @Nina
Original Thread by @magali

Submission: LIGHTSUM

Introducing LIGHTSUM
LIGHTSUM is a girl group under CUBE Entertainment consisting of 6 members. These members consist of Sangah, Chowon, Nayoung, Hina, Juhyeon, and Yujeong. Jian and Huiyeon left the group in October 2022. They debuted on June 10, 2021, with a single titled "Vanilla". Their fandom name is the SUMIT.

---

MEMBERS
SANG AH (상아 )

Leader, Main Rapper, Lead Dancer

Full Name: Yoon Sang Ah
Birth Date: September 4, 2002
Nationality: Korean
MBTI: ESFJ
Fun Fact: Her role models are CL and Bae Suzy

CHOWON (초원 )

Main Vocalist

Full Name: Han Cho Won
Birth Date: September 16, 2002
MBTI: INFJ
Fun Fact: She was supposed to be an IZ*ONE member, ranking 6th place, but due to the manipulation scandal, she ranked 13th.

NAYOUNG (나영 )

Main Vocalist, Lead Dancer, Center

Full Name: Kim Na Young
Birth Date: November 30, 2002
MBTI: ENFP
Fun Fact: As a trainee under Banana Culture, she was in a trainee group called Newkid

Hina (히나 )

Sub-Vocalist, Visual

Full Name: Nagai Hina
Birth Date: April 7, 2003
MBTI Type: ESFJ
Nationality: Japanese
Fun Fact: Her role model is TWICE (her favorite member is Sana) and has attended one of their Hi-Touch events. They were the ones who inspired her to become an idol.

JUHYEON (주현 )

Main Dancer, Lead Vocalist

Full Name: Lee Ju Hyeon
Birth Date: April 8, 2004
MBTI Type: INTJ
Fun Fact: She had a cameo in PENTAGON's music video for "Young"

YUJEONG (유정 )

Sub Vocalist, Maknae

Full Name: Lee Yu Jeong
Birth Date: June 14, 2004
MBTI Type: ISTP
Fun Fact: She was a trainee at Stardom Entertainment, Fantagio Entertainment, and CNC School before joining CUBE.

---

SONGS
LIGHTSUM debuted on June 10, 2021, with the single Vanilla. Their latest album is a mini-album titled Honey or Spice. The EP was released on October 11, 2023. They often do teen crush concepts with hints of cuteness, especially in their earlier songs.

LATEST RELEASE

DEBUT SONG

RECOMMENDED

TITLE TRACKS (music videos)
Vanilla - 06.10.21

VIVACE - 10.13.21

ALIVE - 05.24.22 (Into the Light)

Honey or Spice - 10.11.23 (Honey or Spice)

---
OFFICIAL ACCOUNTS
YouTube: LIGHTSUM Official YouTube Channel
Instagram: cube_lightsum
Facebook: LIGHTSUMOfficial
Twitter: CUBE_LIGHTSUM and LIGHTSUMSTAFF (Staff)
Website (JPN): https://lightsum-official.jp/
TikTok: @official_lightsum
Weibo:
LIGHTSUMOfficial

REVIEWS
Thank you to this month's reviewers @silverrising @seungfloral @Wingfrost !

this one is definitely going in my playlist! i love the upbeat rhythm, the buildup and energy in the chorus is probably my favorite part. it gives me the same feeling of excitement as fromis_9's feel good, which is one of my absolute favorite songs. it just makes you wanna get up and dance! the dance break and rap were also well placed and didn't feel too long/short which i really appreciate. an absolute no skip! 10/10

you, jam (light a wish, b-side): i really liked the intro. the verses themselves are meh, but the pre-chorus is absolutely fantastic and the chorus itself is the same as the intro, so obviously i enjoyed it as well. i love the transition from the pre-chorus to the chorus, the instrumental break at the end, and the bridge was cute too. i'd say it'd be that song in my playlist i tend to forget is there but every time it comes on it'll get stuck in my head for weeks. 8/10

alive (into the light, title): feels a little to... bubblegum-y to my taste. the rap honestly feels unnecessary, i don't like how it goes from a bad girl vibe during the verses to the girlypop in the chorus. it feels like they just couldn't choose one concept and it's just not working for me. i probably wouldn't skip it if it came on in my playlist, but i wouldn't voluntarily play it either. 5/10

light it up (honey or spice, b-side): i... kinda zoned out till the pre-chorus hit, ngl. it was really good though, which is what grabbed my attention. the second part of sangah's rap in the second verse was totally fire, i really enjoyed it. the bridge was probably my favorite part overall, with great rap and a beautiful high note. i also avoided talking about the chorus because i honestly kinda hate it. not enough to ruin the entire song, but it definitely dampenned my enjoyment. it's the kinda song that would be in my playlist but i may or may not skip depending on my mood. 7/10

Vanilla: Feels like a 2015 girl group song, but it's still fun anf enjoyable even today. Only downside is i don't think there was a need for rapping in this song, and the dance break sounds a bit like squeaky toys xD

Vivace: Has even more horns in the track, but i really liked the rap here. Their outfits were so good too, loved it more than in the debut.

Alive: Liked it from the beginning, it has a strong start with confidence. Hul Yeon and the silver haired girl impressed me so much in this, with her dance parts!

Honey Or Spice: The rappers improved a lot, but the chorus is not as impressive. They should've used more buildup for the chorus. But the honey honey honey part is so catchy, i love it.

My fave b side is ''i'': It's a fun but a bit more sleek sound, I hope one day they come back with this sound!!!! It's JUST MAGICAL!

Honey or Spice (5/10) : I like certain sections of this song, but the majority of verses and the song as a whole I personally don’t like. There’s a lot going on and in the end I can’t really focus and appreciate the song because of it.

Skyline (7/10) : It’s an easy to listen to song perfect for a relaxed road trip. I liked it and felt like I could really hear their potential with this song, I also like that the rap verse blended in nicely and didn’t sound off compared to the rest. I’ll be adding it to my playlist.

Not My Style (8/10) : I feel like this should have been the title tbh. It has some similarities with Honey or Spice but is delivered in a more digestible way imo. It kind of reminds me of earlier Itzy sort of? (The vibe and certain instrumental parts). I think a lot of people would like this song. It’s fun, catchy and matches Lightsums image.

Mandisa

🦋🦋🦋
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Once
Pronouns
she/her
@Events Users

callistemon

Thunder ⚡️
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Stingray
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
I want them to have another “vanilla” type concept

Reactions Received
KS Coins
they are on my periphery

I liked them initially because of nayong and chowon from pd101
their songs are hit and miss for them

but at their current trajectory they seem to be headed on they seem to be CLC 2.0

BlackpinkINSync

༺✮•°◤ 𝙀𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙖𝙣 ◥°•✮༻
Reactions Received
Website
www.ancestry.com
KS Coins
Fandom
𓂀 𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂 𓂀
Pronouns
💀𝕙𝕖/𝕙𝕚𝕞💀
Love the banner! @Nina

estrella

metro boomin want some more
Reactions Received
Website
smoshcast.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
୨୧ sumit ୨୧
Pronouns
she ୨୧ her
Ship
Wreck
the second part of sangah's rap in the second verse was totally fire
im so glad someone else agrees, it's my favorite part of the song

estrella

Reactions Received
Website
smoshcast.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
୨୧ sumit ୨୧
Pronouns
she ୨୧ her
Ship
Wreck

estrella

Reactions Received
Website
smoshcast.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
୨୧ sumit ୨୧
Pronouns
she ୨୧ her
Ship
Wreck
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Stay
Pronouns
She/Her
Loved the songs , hope i can hear more from them

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
stayoncemoa
Pronouns
he/they

estrella

Reactions Received
Website
smoshcast.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
୨୧ sumit ୨୧
Pronouns
she ୨୧ her
Ship
Wreck
sorry what does this word mean, ik I probably sound dumb its ok bc I am dumb :(
you're not dumb at all! here's what google says cause to be honest i didnt know it either :joysip:
1715460476142.png

so basically selfie is not fully into the fandom but they nearly are/are close :uwu:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread