COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

game of thrones final (where's the rant prefix + spoilers btw) (1 Viewer)

arieam

Reactions Received
Website
youtube.com
KS Coins
I actually liked this ending n most of this season. It's consistently DnD's take on Grrm opus. I preferred this to ending BSG or Lost which I lost will to rewatch. I would rewatch GoT tho.

Think GRRM gave them this ending.

Think the Battle of Winterfell n Kings Landing changed everything cos Bran supposedly can't see the future.

Remember DnD r tv writers(tho one of them D. Benioff, I think wrote a book too. Idk abt DB Weiss.) Their last 3 seasons were always be wat tv-centric importance first.

She already pledged to Dany, so she could either foresee are her pledge n keep her word to the established order or break it. She already flip flopped when she took Dany's side. This joining the Six kingdoms is as close to Dany's promises as she can get.

Who rules Dorne anyway? Was tat Robyn Arryn at the council? DnD left out some shit I admit.

Idk.

Think they thot more/longer episodes wd be filler n too DanyJon centric, rest of cast wd get short shrift n y'all wd be complaining it's filler n miss the rest of the cast. It's tv n the end approaching, they probably thot it's not like earlier seasons n can jump ard from place to place w/audience accepting it. Everyone's together anyway, we hardly saw winterfell at all while the action was at kl. The first two n fourth episodes were as long as they could hold back b4 giving us action.

They wouldn't turn over their babydream which they convinced George to let them bring to life. Just tat they made it as tv show.

They did 2 unfinished books in 3 seasons.

Longer seasons wd be filler as stated above n wouldn't hv made anyone happier, I think. They decided on this n made themselves n audience,(also Hbo) as happy as they could hv, ig.

Where did you read abt this prequel w/children of the forest? Only grrm asoiaf I hvnt read is the map of westeros n fire n blood book, is it in there? Oh u mean tv spinoff?

Sorry to those who didn't like the final seasons n the ending. I feels ya since tats how I still feel abt Lost n BSG. (pls don't hate me for liking it n defending it.)
it's fine to like and defend it. there are still some good things to say about season 8, tho i feel like i can only find good in the cinematography and acting. i just can't excuse the writing.

i say 2 books in 6 episodes because the bulk of the winds of winter is about preparing for and battling the white walkers while a dream of spring is most likely fighting the night king and getting to the iron throne. grr martin's publisher already suggested he should separate winds of winter into two books. im assuming because the content for season 6-7 is even greater than depicted.

i think it's also important to remember hbo and grr martin wanted 10 seasons but d&d wanted only 7. and then when they realized that wasn't enough they only took 6 more episodes to finish everything off. that's 6 episodes to defeat 3 villains. it makes no sense.

on top of that they already skipped so much from the books so a lot of jon and dany's story had to be skipped entirely so it makes no sense to see their stories conclude this way with none of the setup the books provided.

Last edited:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
@bulletproof memes are here, brace yourself :sanapray:

First, in honor of the best king we actually had on the show, Bobby B :jisoosmh:

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
it's fine to like and defend it. there are still some good things to say about season 8, tho i feel like i can only find good in the cinematography and acting. i just can't excuse the writing.

i say 2 books in 6 episodes because the bulk of the winds of winter is about preparing for and battling the white walkers while the entirety of a dream of spring is most likely after winter has passed (nk defeated) and the game of thrones really begins. grr martin's publisher already suggested he should separate winds of winter into two books. im assuming because the content for season 6-7 is even greater than depicted.

i think it's also important to remember hbo and grr martin wanted 10 seasons but d&d wanted only 7. and then when they realized that wasn't enough they only took 6 more episodes to finish everything off. that's 6 episodes to defeat 3 villains. it makes no sense.

on top of that they already skipped so much from the books so a lot of jon and dany's story had to be skipped entirely so it makes no sense to see their stories conclude this way with none of the setup the books provided.
I missed (or forgot) the teaser chapters in GRRM's blog for WoW, so unsure of this. Isn't tat 1 book in 3 episodes -a Dream of Spring =last 3 episodes.

Somewat agree DnD skipped a lot, but they're mostly tv writers- they're not gonna filler everything from tWoW n aDoS into 3 seasons of 10 episodes, think they tried to squeeze everything so tat nobody complains it's filler. First 2 episodes n 4th I think already had complaints to get to the action faster.

I'm just glad it's consistent, for me. Thruout the whole series, like LOTR , HP n Hunger Games, kinda, n not like Lost n BSG, which pantsed it to the end n broke me tbh.

First show I can remember watching from beginning to end n just... fuck it.(I mean Lost n BSG.)

Bones n more recently Big Bang Theory were slightly lowkey but satisfying. GoT was fine for me.
So agree to disagree?

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
The memes ain't stopping guys :queen:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
And now some memes to celebrate the crowning of our new king Bran the broken :sanapray::jisoosmh:

Cersei's prophecy: Queen you shall be...........

:taesip:

arieam

Reactions Received
Website
youtube.com
KS Coins
I missed (or forgot) the teaser chapters in GRRM's blog for WoW, so unsure of this. Isn't tat 1 book in 3 episodes -a Dream of Spring =last 3 episodes.

Somewat agree DnD skipped a lot, but they're mostly tv writers- they're not gonna filler everything from tWoW n aDoS into 3 seasons of 10 episodes, think they tried to squeeze everything so tat nobody complains it's filler. First 2 episodes n 4th I think already had complaints to get to the action faster.

I'm just glad it's consistent, for me. Thruout the whole series, like LOTR , HP n Hunger Games, kinda, n not like Lost n BSG, which pantsed it to the end n broke me tbh.

First show I can remember watching from beginning to end n just... fuck it.(I mean Lost n BSG.)

Bones n more recently Big Bang Theory were slightly lowkey but satisfying. GoT was fine for me.
So agree to disagree?
i really don't see how it's been consistent! and i've never heard of anyone complaining that got had any filler previously. so many fans aren't complaining for nothing...

i edited my post but i'll just say it here too. i think grr martin will end up separating a winds of winter into two books so we get 8. but if not i think winds of winter will deal with season 5-7 but also expanding on season 8 episode 1-2 and dream of spring will be season 8 episode 3-6

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
@arieam when Yara sees Sansa just took The North for herself and everyone else got cucked :jisoosmh:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
YARA you've never had problem speaking up before :taeminface:
Lol she could've atleast said something like "My brother died trying to protect you, so I'll serve you" or something to that degree :jisoosmh:
Her being silent and just accepting a randomly chosen ruler, BY A PRISONER MIND YOU, just made me go :jisoosmh:

arieam

Reactions Received
Website
youtube.com
KS Coins
Lol she could've atleast said something like "My brother died trying to protect you, so I'll serve you" or something to that degree :jisoosmh:
Her being silent and just accepting a randomly chosen ruler, BY A PRISONER MIND YOU, just made me go :jisoosmh:
the fact that no one spoke up when tyrion is like "let's just make bran king" like :umwhat: are we just gonna let prisoners make executive decisions now

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
i really don't see how it's been consistent! and i've never heard of anyone complaining that got had any filler previously. so many fans aren't complaining for nothing...

i edited my post but i'll just say it here too. i think grr martin will end up separating a winds of winter into two books so we get 8. but if not i think winds of winter will deal with season 5-7 but also expanding on season 8 episode 1-2 and dream of spring will be season 8 episode 3-6
Season 1-x had no filler cos from the books but I read loads of complaints abt Dorne, don't remember rn if it's the books or show. From intro of Dorne onwards, ur opinion might depend whether u liked Dorne/Martells n Greyjoys(maybe I'm conflating wat iv read of reactions to the books.)

Did u like first 2 episodes n 4th episode?

My opinion is that DnD reduced the last 2 seasons cos they were scaredkept to GRRM's outline for ending in season8.

My opinion is they were consistent in trying to tell GRRM's story as best they could of wat they knew. I think they did their best n im glad for the series I watched. If u got the same feels from GoT tat I got from Lost n BSG, im sorry.

arieam

Reactions Received
Website
youtube.com
KS Coins
Season 1-x had no filler cos from the books but I read loads of complaints abt Dorne, don't remember rn if it's the books or show. From intro of Dorne onwards, ur opinion might depend whether u liked Dorne/Martells n Greyjoys(maybe I'm conflating wat iv read of reactions to the books.)

Did u like first 2 episodes n 4th episode?

My opinion is that DnD reduced the last 2 seasons cos they were scaredkept to GRRM's outline for ending in season8.

My opinion is they were consistent in trying to tell GRRM's story as best they could of wat they knew. I think they did their best n im glad for the series I watched. If u got the same feels from GoT tat I got from Lost n BSG, im sorry.
i actually stopped watching the show after season 4 because i knew they'd mess it up but when i realized grr martin is never gonna finish the books i caved and continued...season 5 was ok, season 6 was FANTASTIC, season 7 was shit and season 8 managed to be the worst thing they could ever do....

it depends on whether you saw people say dorne was filler during the season or after around season 5-6, because what they did to the dorne plotline is really sad...it feels like filler because they just cut them out of the story by killing characters that are supposed to be badass in the books :( i wouldn't say the iron islands plotline is filler either. it's just that they skipped the conclusion to those plotlines altogether.

they've been rushing and skipping things since season 5. i don't think they were scared i think they were impatient and wanted to move on...

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
i actually stopped watching the show after season 4 because i knew they'd mess it up but when i realized grr martin is never gonna finish the books i caved and continued...season 5 was ok, season 6 was FANTASTIC, season 7 was shit and season 8 managed to be the worst thing they could ever do....

it depends on whether you saw people say dorne was filler during the season or after around season 5-6, because what they did to the dorne plotline is really sad...it feels like filler because they just cut them out of the story by killing characters that are supposed to be badass in the books :( i wouldn't say the iron islands plotline is filler either. it's just that they skipped the conclusion to those plotlines altogether.

they've been rushing and skipping things since season 5. i don't think they were scared i think they were impatient and wanted to move on...
My take is they've rushed since they ran out of books from GRRM. They've had to fly by seat of their pants n skip plotlines n timejumped where they had no books to guide them. Any impatience may be pressure fro mm themselves (or hbo) not to screw up the last 3 seasons.

There seems this dichotomy , to me w/peter jackson n DnD, when adapting a well beloved book series to be true n yet stamp their own mark on it to hv credit of making it their own. I think they did a good job. Tat u n others didn't is ur right.
We just disagree.

arieam

Reactions Received
Website
youtube.com
KS Coins
My take is they've rushed since they ran out of books from GRRM. They've had to fly by seat of their pants n skip plotlines n timejumped where they had no books to guide them. Any impatience may be pressure fro mm themselves (or hbo) not to screw up the last 3 seasons.

There seems this dichotomy , to me w/peter jackson n DnD, when adapting a well beloved book series to be true n yet stamp their own mark on it to hv credit of making it their own. I think they did a good job. Tat u n others didn't is ur right.
We just disagree.
but i think you're ignoring the fact that hbo offered them more time to deal with this. grr martin asked them to do 10 seasons. d&d were set on 7 seasons but when they realized when working on the script for season 7 they needed more time they went to hbo and said we'll do 8. hbo said "we can give you more but fine if only one season we'll give you 10 episodes" d&d said "no we only want 6"

i think that really can't be the reason to write off their terrible writing. they didn't have a guide for season 5 and 6 but they were able to make season 6 spectacular. maybe not as good as seasons 1-4 but still really good!

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Lmao yes Drogon and Ghost should marry and get the melted throne :jisoosmh: And judge the writers for this mess
Lol I'm still wondering what's the purpose of the Night's Watch now :jisoosmh:
And like Jon isn't even at the Night's Watch, he just went North with all the freefolk :jisoosmh:

It's a shame coz the acting, direction, cinematography, music has all been top notch, but single handedly dragged down by the writing.

arieam

Reactions Received
Website
youtube.com
KS Coins
Lol I'm still wondering what's the purpose of the Night's Watch now :jisoosmh:
And like Jon isn't even at the Night's Watch, he just went North with all the freefolk :jisoosmh:

It's a shame coz the acting, direction, cinematography, music has all been top notch, but single handedly dragged down by the writing.
this season's acting and cinematography have been world class. honestly better than any other season of got. it really is a shame about the writing :( you can tell the actors are frustrated too. especially emilia.

someone said the show would end with the white walkers coming back and that's why jon went off to the nights watch but nope its just him doing nothing up north. i can't believe benjen stark died for this :jisoosmh:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
this season's acting and cinematography have been world class. honestly better than any other season of got. it really is a shame about the writing :( you can tell the actors are frustrated too. especially emilia.

someone said the show would end with the white walkers coming back and that's why jon went off to the nights watch but nope its just him doing nothing up north. i can't believe benjen stark died for this :jisoosmh:
They made Jon such a non-factor in the final season until this episode I swear, this your MAIN FUCKING CHARACTER, HE IS THE SONG OF ICE AND FIRE, and he doesn't get to do a damn thing all season lol. They took away the Night King kill from him just because LolSwerveArya, they made him become a dumb extra in the battle in King's Landing and now R + L = J didn't even mean anything coz he fucks off north anyway :jisoosmh:

Can't fault the direction though, did you see the shot today where Dany dismounts from her dragon and she's walking with Drogon's wings spread behind her :sj_weary:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread