COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Fanfiction Fanfic Things I Hate (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
stayoncemoa
Pronouns
he/they
I love fanfiction and general AO3 and Wattpad works but some things I can't stand

1. Slow Burn That's Too Slow
I will admit that this has made me hate slow burn in general (
ARGUE WITH THE WALL), but I think this speaks for itself otherwise. Slow burn is okay but it's just shit when the story moves at a tortoise's pace

2. Noncon
Oh here Kriss goes again complaining about noncon like he hasn't said he hates it and why 1 million times
CORRECT, and I'll do it 1 million more times for the sole purpose of being annoying. But yeah just can't stand it because for the uninformed noncon is in other words a rape kink and you can imagine that being uncomfortable to read for most people. Then some would bring up the "Why don't you read tags so you don't subject yourself to that?" argument but it falls flat because you people don't ever tag your works. I'm constantly met with the scenario of finding good fic and leaving halfway in because it had untagged noncon.

3. Tooth Rotting Fluff
Now unlike the first few entries on my list I dig fluff now and then but when it's too much fluff to a point where it's super cutesy and pet names that's when ya get little old Kriss to tune out. Like the most I can handle is a fluff + angst one bc the angst prevents the fluff from being so sugary it decays my teeth

4. Saying you'll continue a story and then never updating your chapters

Okay this is like a platform-specific thing (Wattpad) but damn it's such a bummer when I get invested and I see that "TBC..." at the end of the chapter and then 2 centuries later they don't update it. Like I'd rather you just not give any updates at all so I can assume the Loch Ness monster kidnapped you or something and that's why there's a cliffhanger

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
I wanted to read this because I've been curious about fanfics but don't know where to find them. I've also been thinking about writing some but that blue against the grey makes me want to throw myself off a cliff. OMG, how is anyone supposed to read that?! :umwhat:

TLDR. Couldn't read because the text color against the grey background is impossible to read.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
stayoncemoa
Pronouns
he/they
I wanted to read this because I've been curious about fanfics but don't know where to find them. I've also been thinking about writing some but that blue against the grey makes me want to throw myself off a cliff. OMG, how is anyone supposed to read that?! :umwhat:

TLDR. Couldn't read because the text color against the grey background is impossible to read.
Changed it. See if it works now + that's the default color for text and I thought it automatically changed for dark mode users but I guess there was a UI development oversight

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
Changed it. See if it works now + that's the default color for text and I thought it automatically changed for dark mode users but I guess there was a UI development oversight
Thanks! These are actually interesting thoughts. I'll reply tomorrow at work. I have to work a 12 hour shift in 5 hours. Im gonna hate myself in the morning...
:haylul:

caramelbleach

fka sunghooked
Reactions Received
Website
www.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
multi
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
1) I totally agree with this! This goes for normal fics, too, I think. I had to DNF a book once bc even though it was supposed to be a romance novel, it took like ten chapters for them to even meet. (if I understand what you're saying here)

2) I agree with this, too. As a SA victim (it would've been rape if I hadn't gotten away so quickly), rape is no joke and should NEVER be taken lightly! I'm fine with consensual sex scenes, I've even written my fair share, but rape? That's so wrong on so many levels. It's a crime that fucks with the victim's mental health, NOT a kink!
(as an aside, I also hate kinks in general, consensual or non)

3) Totally true! I like cutesy, but when it goes too far, not only does it decay the teeth with its saccharine sweetness, it also takes away from the rest of the story.

4) UGHHHHHH I hHATE when that happens! I'll be reading a story, a really good one, and then it ends on a cliffhanger that was posted like months ago with no word of why they discontinued it. :jisoosmh:

MK3AMLuvsU

MAD ERA😡
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MULTISTAN
Pronouns
STAN SKZ AND BP
Ship
Wreck
yeah, I agree. It's both a crime and a mental health hazard!
Fr it’s not a kink nor should it be romanized I’ve seen a lot of good reviews on tiktok books only for it to have SA and then I get the ick

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread