COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Can someone give me a history of Kpopsource? (1 Viewer)

Drew_B

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU
How and why was this site created?

And by who?

I know a lot of people fled allkpop and joined this site.

Was this site created from beef with allkpop?

Please educate me on this topic.

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Remember like a year ago when there was this HUGE meltdown on AKP and a lot of the staff members and users left?
This is where they went.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Then a brave warrior who could master all the elements (Design, Kpopery, Tech, some other fourth thing) defected from allkpop nation in search of new site...

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Just read this, it tells the whole story essentially.

Drew_B

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU

Great story. Have the movie rights been sold yet?

So does that make @Bae Joo-hyun the virgin Mary? And me Jesus since I'm always saving this place?

Tiffany

Forever Alone
Reactions Received
Website
kpopsource.com
KS Coins
Fandom
SONE
Pronouns
Noona
How and why was this site created?

And by who?

I know a lot of people fled allkpop and joined this site.

Was this site created from beef with allkpop?

Please educate me on this topic.
I initially wanted to start ks as a blog where i can write about stuff on my own, but along the way my idea didn't materialize as i have no expertise whatsoever, that was at the start of 2016, so i took courses along the way in learning stuff about websites, how to set them up etc, eventually i forget all about my initial idea but i continued taking various courses. I mostly find interesting kpop stuff to read from twitter, somehow i managed to find onehallyu and found a whole different world in online communities. I just mainly lurk around soompi, onehallyu & allkpop.

In 2018 i decided to join allkpop and just figured i will just be a normal member there. I made some friends hanging out in the lounge section but i encountered some undesired individuals which made me went through a phase of depression so i took a break.

As luck would have it during the break, i fractured my ankle while jogging so i had 2 months of medical leave from work. While browsing other websites and missing my friends, i kinda thought to myself that i could create a community of my own with just my friends that i made during my time in allkpop, so i worked myself day and night for almost 3 weeks to create the site & that was how ks got created. I had no beef at all with anyone in allkpop, no warning points, i loved all the mods and users there, its just i can't handle aggression well so i shut myself away from it.

I hope that will satisfy your curiosity.

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Great story. Have the movie rights been sold yet?

So does that make @Bae Joo-hyun the virgin Mary? And me Jesus since I'm always saving this place?
I dunno, you CAN be Jesus ig but doesn't that mean you will also have to die for our sins?

Tiffany

Forever Alone
Reactions Received
Website
kpopsource.com
KS Coins
Fandom
SONE
Pronouns
Noona

That is the PR version, above is my much personal story.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
From what I am aware the site was made back in August for people not liking the direction AKP was heading aka trollville. A few members migrated here and there but it wasn't until February when AKP got hacked and the subsequent blow up that a lot migrated from there.

I was exiled myself but honestly I wouldn't go back anyway, I realised since how toxic the environment made me and I definitely shouldn't be getting toxic over kpop which I don't here.

Drew_B

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU
I initially wanted to start ks as a blog where i can write about stuff on my own, but along the way my idea didn't materialize as i have no expertise whatsoever, that was at the start of 2016, so i took courses along the way in learning stuff about websites, how to set them up etc, eventually i forget all about my initial idea but i continued taking various courses. I mostly find interesting stuff to read from twitter, somehow i managed to find onehallyu and found a whole different world in online communities. I just mainly lurk around soompi, onehallyu & allkpop.

In 2018 i decided to join allkpop and just figured i will just be a normal member there. I made some friends hanging out in the lounge section but i encountered some undesired individuals which made me went through a phase of depression so i took a break.

As luck would have it during the break, i fractured my ankle while jogging so i had 2 months of medical leave from work. While browsing other websites and missing my friends, i kinda thought to myself that i could create a community of my own with just my friends that i made during my time in allkpop, so i worked myself day and night for almost 3 weeks to create the site & that was how ks got created. I had no beef at all with anyone in allkpop, no warning points, i loved all the mods and users there, its just i can't handle aggression well so i shut myself away from it.

I hope I wasn't one of the ones that caused you stress on allkpop.

You sound like a real sweet heart.

You've done a fantastic job with this place.

We will never let it die.

Baechu

레드벨벳
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I initially wanted to start ks as a blog where i can write about stuff on my own, but along the way my idea didn't materialize as i have no expertise whatsoever, that was at the start of 2016, so i took courses along the way in learning stuff about websites, how to set them up etc, eventually i forget all about my initial idea but i continued taking various courses. I mostly find interesting kpop stuff to read from twitter, somehow i managed to find onehallyu and found a whole different world in online communities. I just mainly lurk around soompi, onehallyu & allkpop.

I would watch this real life K-Drama. It's just a handsome boy missing who will steal all hearts of the users... wait we already have him. It's Tur :rosesmug: :sj_weary:
@Tir

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
What's even more impressive is so how well NaEun improves the website based on her users. She's constantly improving KS with new features, and it honestly pays off.

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
But who took up arms and lead these people out of Egypt? I mean out of allkpop?

Was it @Lovely_Cornchips ?
I'm honored you remember me XD

But no-my post about leaving AKP though did get a semi-decent response, but it did nothing for KPS.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Long ago, the k-pop forums lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the allkpop nation attacked...
Wait is this some sort of airbender reference?
all i ever watched is the movie.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread