COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Rumor BTS Considering Legal Action Against BigHit (1 Viewer)

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
BTS to consider legal action against their agency over profit sharing

JTBC reports BTS is considering legal action against Big Hit over profit sharing

In shocking news, it has been reported by JTBC that BTS is considering filing a lawsuit against their own agency, Big Hit Entertainment over the idea of profit sharing between the group and the company.

According to the exclusive report by JTBC, a law firm received a new case for review just last week. The case featured BTS going against their own agency, Big Hit Entertainment. After verifying the report, JTBC stated that the case filed was due to a profit sharing issue with Big Hit.

BTS has exploded into global popularity, with their global sales reaching ₩200 billion KRW ($167,933,162 USD) in 2018. The group renewed their 7-year contracts in October 2018, and it is estimated that the group will be valued more than ₩1 trillion KRW ($839,665,810 USD) in the future.

At the time of the contract re-signing, Big Hit Entertainment said they would form a 100 member team to take care of BTS’s activities, needs, and other things. However, according to a source close to BTS, there was conflict between BTS and Big Hit Entertainment about the profit sharing between the group and the company, even before they decided to re-sign their contracts.

In the end, the two sides failed to reconcile their differences in opinion for profit sharing, and the case has gone to legal review.

In response, Big Hit Entertainment released a short statement, denying such a case happening.

We have nothing to say except that the reports are not true. – Big Hit Entertainment cr

original post: theqoo

1. The legal review is not necessarily a lawsuit~~ It’s the responsibility of the lawyer to review the contract to see if there is a problem.

2. I’m curious. If they re-signed their contract last year, why did they ask for advice from a law firm last week?

3. I hope everything is fine

4. Wow, JTBC turns advice into legal action, right?

5. I don’t know what the problem with Bangtan is, but it’s common to modify and check the contract before the original contract takes effect.

6. Tell me this is not the second TVXQ … I hope this is not true.

7. I think this is the last legal advice to check the content of the contract before the new contract takes effect. It’s natural to ask for advice to make sure because they’re not experts.

8. This is not a lawsuit. This is legal advice … JTBC is crazy

9. This year is noisy for Bangtan … What’s wrong with this?

10. What is this?… This predicts a hit comeback for Bangtan next year

11. JTBC is just trash….. Who believes in JTBC?

VillageIdiot

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
For context, JTBC also started and continues to fuel the enlistment controversy despite the members vehemently denying wanting exemption.
They seem to have it out for BTS

Pay your kids BugHut, they made you

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Wreck
i honestly don't know what to think...i love both Bts and Bighit and i want to belive both but like....
JTBC...I don't really belive them but it could cause lots of problems for every one..

Reactions Received
KS Coins
BigHit has been doing best in terms of care for their idols. If this was true I'd be suprised at BigHit. Money must be getting to their heads to do that. Even with a 100 member team I highly doubt giving BTS a good share would cause any true loss in profit.

If this is true well BigHit welcome to the first steps with treating your idols like slaves.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
they better not do a 100 member team
cause it will such a nct copy cat and big hit been doing so well at staying original

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
It'd be really weird for them to sue when they resigned last year, they had the chance to walk away already.

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Ship
It'd be really weird for them to sue when they resigned last year, they had the chance to walk away already.
I agree. I'm not a company stan who believes Bighit could do no wrong but I find it real hard to believe that Bighit would screw them over enough for them to want to sue, their relationship with the company has always appeared to be quite good and they've given us no reason to doubt that, and the CEO Hitman Bang is credited for a lot of their hit songs as well to the point where to me he seems more like a part of the team rather than a money hungry boss CEO.

7. I think this is the last legal advice to check the content of the contract before the new contract takes effect. It’s natural to ask for advice to make sure because they’re not experts.
I'm no legal expert but I think this is the most likely possibility, any other theory just sounds absurd considering everything.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Sometimes it seems like yellow news not only exaggerate stuff but intentionally misunderstand to create controversy and buzz. There might be some issues between BTS and BigHit about the profit sharing, but I'd imagine them both wanting to settle it together.

VillageIdiot

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
they better not do a 100 member team
cause it will such a nct copy cat and big hit been doing so well at staying original
*Staff
100 member staff to better manage bts and their individual schedules
World isn't ready for 100 member bg :nekosweat:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
NOOOOOO NOT MY BTS WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO USSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
JTBC literally retired their video and article. I am not too much worried about that.

BTS apparently consulted a lawyer to renew theirs contracts and JTBC exaggerated that. ( I am pretty sure that it’s that).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread