COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Tourney ⋆⁺₊⋆ Awake vs. The Astronaut ~ BTS Jin Song Battle m1 r1 ☾⋆⁺₊⋆ (1 Viewer)

Awake vs. The Astronaut

• Awake

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • The Astronaut

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

seoriverse

piece of me, piece of mind
Reactions Received
Website
iluvseori.com
KS Coins
Fandom
loonarmy seoro
Pronouns
she/her
Wreck
Welcome to the first match of the first round of the Jin Song Battle!

For this first match, we have Awake against The Astronaut!

Awake is a sorrowful ballad that was first released in October 10, 2016 as the ninth track of BTS' group album WINGS. Each member had a solo and Jin's was Awake. If you are a fan of heartfelt beautiful songs with a breathtaking string instrumental, this one's for you! If you wish to make your choice based on the lyrics,
here is a translation of them found on Genius. They talk about a person who's struggles through life and think they aren't as talented as the others, but try to keep faith that they'll catch up soon. Fun fact: there was a christmas version released on December 4 of 2016 to celebrate Jin's birthday 🎉. The song was produced by Slow Rabbit and written by him too with the help of J-Hope, RM, June, Pdogg, "Hitman" Bang and Jin himself.
The M/V is also a short film with content about the BTS Universe (the group's lore), I timestamped it where the song starts 😊

Vs.

The Astronaut is just as sad considering the meaning despite it's hopeful sound and message. It was considered a gift to ARMYs before Jin's departure for his military service. Released October 28, 2022 as a single, Jin sought out the help of British band Coldplay (as they had already collabed before) and so Chris Martin and him were credited as co-writers of the song. The song is a Pop Rock track exploring Jin's deeper register, the singer described it as having "an acoustic guitar with a calm melody and synth sound". The
lyrics talk about his love for his fans and bandmates and his gratitude for their support. Fun fact: a cute mascot called Wootteo was created as part of the promotion. It is supposed to stand in for Jin while he is gone as a way to comfort his fans, Coldplay carried it around in their tour and it even has its own Instagram! The song was produced by Kygo and Bill Rahko. The other songwriters that worked on this song are Guy Berryman, Jonny Buckland, Will Champion, Kyrre Gørvell-Dahll, Joan La Barbara, Jóhann Jóhannsson and Moses Martin.

The debut life performance is also worth watching with Coldplay inviting Jin on stage at their Buenos Aires stop for the Music of the Spheres Tour 🥹.

Which one is your favorite? Vote in the poll!
It will be open for 24hrs starting from when this thread was posted. Be careful you cannot change your vote once it's in. If you accidentally clicked the wrong one, notify me and i'll count your changed vote in the official results.

taglist
< @CurlyGyu @lexus @gomberry 3
If you wish to be added to the taglist, ask under this posts or the original information one
here.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💜
Pronouns
she/her
My vote goes to Astronaut. Tho Awake is really good.

seoriverse

Reactions Received
Website
iluvseori.com
KS Coins
Fandom
loonarmy seoro
Pronouns
she/her
Wreck
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💜
Pronouns
she/her
Put me in the taglist for the future Jin tournaments :runaway:

seoriverse

Reactions Received
Website
iluvseori.com
KS Coins
Fandom
loonarmy seoro
Pronouns
she/her
Wreck
Put me in the taglist for the future Jin tournaments :runaway:
did you vote and read the thread after :oliviakek: :oliviakek: but i added you! see you at the next match 🫡

Boyo

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓅
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Mingyutized
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Voted for The Astronaut!

I think both songs are amazing and they suit Jin’s voice. In Suga’s latest Suchwita episode Jin talked about that he always felt he is not as good as other members, he doesn’t have a special talent in anything and his voice is also not as good. Suga immediately denied it and told him that it’s not true. This is exactly what Awake is about. It’s a sad, precious song.
Yet, I chose The Astronaut because thanks to Jin’s smooth voice, it has that bittersweet, but positive vibe and I think this is the song which fits Jin the best. It was an amazing goodbye song before his enlistment and that performance together with Coldplay will be iconic forever.

Btw, I asked to be tagged in the original thread. :sanapray:

seoriverse

Reactions Received
Website
iluvseori.com
KS Coins
Fandom
loonarmy seoro
Pronouns
she/her
Wreck
Voted for The Astronaut!

I think both songs are amazing and they suit Jin’s voice. In Suga’s latest Suchwita episode Jin talked about that he always felt he is not as good as other members, he doesn’t have a special talent in anything and his voice is also not as good. Suga immediately denied it and told him that it’s not true. This is exactly what Awake is about. It’s a sad, precious song.
Yet, I chose The Astronaut because thanks to Jin’s smooth voice, it has that bittersweet, but positive vibe and I think this is the song which fits Jin the best. It was an amazing goodbye song before his enlistment and that performance together with Coldplay will be iconic forever.

Btw, I asked to be tagged in the original thread. :sanapray:
i couldn't have written a better review of both songs :pepecry1: each are touching in their own ways! i'll add you to the taglist for future posts dw

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread