COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Event [Animal Kingdom] Animal Spotlight (1 Viewer)

Tickita

♦️🍰♥️
Reactions Received
Website
tickittaa.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
20230428-232833.jpg

banner by @eclipsoul

Welcome to Animal Spotlight, your first game! You will have to highlight an endangered animal of your choice. Afterwards, voting will take place to determine the best presentation - the winner will have their thread featured!

Real quick though, a little fun fact (or not fun).
Did you know: Humans are thought to be responsible for almost every mammal extinction in the past 126,000 years? Honestly, I can believe it.

This is a design contest. You must create a thread in Chill Zone to present your animal.

You can create whatever you like - image, video, poem, short story, drawing etc.
Whatever route you take, you must have a hand in creating it. That means, don't just copy and paste all of your image(s) and text.

Basic information needed in the thread
(Feel free to take it further)

- Endangered animal
- Fun facts
- Why the animal is endangered

Where to start?

Use this link to see a list of all current animals at risk.
Once you pick an animal, please comment below what you chose - only one user can be assigned to an animal.

If you're unsure how to personalize your thread, Canva is a free site you can use to manipulate images and make graphics.

Threads should be complete by 5/15 @ 1a KST (check timezone)
Please tag me in your thread once it has been created.

Final points will be distributed based on where you place in voting.

Good luck, have fun!

-------

Presentations

Monarch Butterfly - @CurlyGyu
Green Turtle - @Day
Giant Panda - @Zerone
Orangutan - @ani07
Sea Turtle - @nymphology
Regent Honeyeater - @LilacNyx
Whale Shark - @Nina
Blue Whale - @OndaBest
Przewalski's Horse - @BlingyBlinger
-------

Last edited:

litc

Bona and Dayoung <3
Reactions Received
Listening to Hakmin's angelic voice in Paradise
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi
Pronouns
Troublemaker
Ship
Wreck
20230428-232833.jpg

banner by @eclipsoul

Event begins on 5/12 @ 1a KST. This was released early so you can start thinking about what you'd like to do.
Make sure you sign up for Animal Kingdom first
here! @Events Users

Welcome to Animal Spotlight, your first game! You will have to highlight an endangered animal of your choice. Afterwards, voting will take place to determine the best presentation - the winner will have their thread featured!

Real quick though, a little fun fact (or not fun).
Did you know: Humans are thought to be responsible for almost every mammal extinction in the past 126,000 years? Honestly, I can believe it.

This is a design contest. You must create a thread in Chill Zone to present your animal.

You can create whatever you like - image, video, poem, short story, drawing etc.
Whatever route you take, you must have a hand in creating it. That means, don't just copy and paste all of your image(s) and text.

Basic information needed in the thread
(Feel free to take it further)

- Endangered animal
- Fun facts
- Why the animal is endangered

Where to start?

Use this link to see a list of all current animals at risk.
Once you pick an animal, please comment below what you chose - only one user can be assigned to an animal.
You cannot comment an animal until 5/12 @ 1a KST. (check timezone)

If you're unsure how to personalize your thread, Canva is a free site you can use to manipulate images and make graphics.

Threads should be complete by 5/15 @ 1a KST (check timezone)
Please tag me in your thread once it has been created.

Final points will be distributed based on where you place in voting.

Good luck, have fun!

-------

Presentations

1. x - @Soogi
2. x - @CurlyGyu
3. x - @Day
4. x - @Exi
5. x - @Zerone
6. x - @litc
7. x -
-------

[Voting link TBP]

Presentations?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
zeroady
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Can I choose giant panda please?

Tickita

♦️🍰♥️
Reactions Received
Website
tickittaa.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
Presentations?
Doesn't have to be a Powerpoint type deal with a bunch of slides, if that's what you're wondering?

Tickita

♦️🍰♥️
Reactions Received
Website
tickittaa.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
Yeah I was thinking school presentation level but it’s just a thread right
Yep, just a thread, no public speaking

Tickita

♦️🍰♥️
Reactions Received
Website
tickittaa.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp

Tickita

♦️🍰♥️
Reactions Received
Website
tickittaa.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
just to make sure I understood right.
we make a thread with general information about the animal + create sth of our own as the highlight and include it in the thread?
The basic info is part of your thread, and you may incorporate it into making something of your own. They don't have to be two separate things. Did that answer your question?

callistemon

Thunder ⚡️
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Stingray
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
I know we can’t pick them rn but I’m calling the sea turtle :kuromimad:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Shawol
Pronouns
she/her
The basic info is part of your thread, and you may incorporate it into making something of your own. They don't have to be two separate things. Did that answer your question?
yes

Animal picking has not begun - this event hasn't started
but that means we only have 2 days to create sth. I think sign up period should be earlier so we have more time to prepare.
you expect us to create sth and not just write a thread. :yolk:

Tickita

♦️🍰♥️
Reactions Received
Website
tickittaa.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
but that means we only have 2 days to create sth. I think sign up period should be earlier so we have more time to prepare.
you expect us to create sth and not just write a thread. :yolk:
You could create now. Just because you can't pick an animal doesn't mean you can't do something during the signup period.

- Decide what type of presentation you'll do.
- Work around not knowing what the animal is yet, by doing what you can design-wise. (i.e. start working on the graphic/video so that all you have to do is fill in simple info about the animal / outline how your thread will go if you are doing a poem or drawing)
- Figure out exactly how long it would take for you to work on your idea. Don't just leave it in your head and wait two days to actually work on it. Take advantage of the signup period in some type of capacity.

By the time the event begins, at least you'll have a direction. Hope it helps some. Good luck.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Shawol
Pronouns
she/her
You could create now. Just because you can't pick an animal doesn't mean you can't do something during the signup period.

- Work around not knowing what the animal is yet, by doing what you can design-wise. (i.e. start working on the graphic/video so that all you have to do is fill in simple info about the animal / outline how your thread will go if you are doing a poem or drawing)
- Figure out exactly how long it would take for you to work on your idea. Don't just leave it in your head and wait two days to actually work on it. Take advantage of the signup period in some type of capacity.

By the time the event begins, at least you'll have a direction. Hope it helps some. Good luck.
or I`ll just make a reservation list for all users so we dont quarrel later on. :jenniesmug:

litc

Bona and Dayoung <3
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi
Pronouns
Troublemaker
Ship
Wreck

Now I’m not 100% sure I’ll have time:yolk:

sorry to possibly un sign up but i think it’s better than staying signed up and possibly not being able to do it ? Sorry:lazypotato:

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
or I`ll just make a reservation list for all users so we dont quarrel later on. :jenniesmug:
The reason we didn’t want to allow users to sign up for animals yet is to give users the equal time and chance to understand the event and pick their animal, rather than those signing up first getting more choices. If you want to come to an agreement with other users about who gets what animal, sure, go ahead. But if they want an animal and pick it before you despite an agreement you made that’s within their own right.

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Now I’m not 100% sure I’ll have time:yolk:

sorry to possibly un sign up but i think it’s better than staying signed up and possibly not being able to do it ? Sorry:lazypotato:
Tbh I’d say if you don’t think you have time for the team games it would be understandable to take back your signup. If it’s just this one that seems like it’ll be too time consuming it’s not as big of a deal, your chances of being one of the ones who gets to chose a mascot will just be lower.

litc

Bona and Dayoung <3
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi
Pronouns
Troublemaker
Ship
Wreck
Tbh I’d say if you don’t think you have time for the team games it would be understandable to take back your signup. If it’s just this one that seems like it’ll be too time consuming it’s not as big of a deal, your chances of being one of the ones who gets to chose a mascot will just be lower.
I'd still rather take back my sign up just wasn't sure if it was allowed :nekoshy:

If I make a video or a drawing it would take 5 hours minimum and if I don't know the animal till like 2 days before + have to research with my accelerated summer classes, games, cards team stuff and job apps/interviews I don't think I'd have time

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread