WELCOME TO KPOPSOURCE!
Feel free to sign up today. We won't bite. Join us now for a fun & engaging experience in the fastest growing international kpop community!

Rumor [TEA] More details about 2NE1 disbandment...

SuddenlyKfan

Rookie
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: First of all, I must clarify that the main source of this info comes from an alleged ex-YGE employee and the original post has already being deleted. I am just transmiting what is on twitter beacuse Bomshells are talking about it. The translation was done by https://twitter.com/walrooroo, the whole tea is there. I will post the highlights of the thread as well as confirm some points.

Very rough trans

To summarize:
  • It follows both claims that Minzy and the remaining members of 2ne1 had songs recorded by the time of disbanding. Old 2ne1 fans know that all the members had material but it is confirmed that Bom, Minzy and CL had albums ready or in the works. Going further, by 2014 Bom's album had years of being recorded, this was confirmed by Bom herself because she mentioned it on 2NE1 TV and Roommate.
  • Minzy's solo was meant to be included on CRUSH but it never hapenned.
  • CL is being actively sabotaged by YGE. Her album has being rejected several times.
  • The disbandment decision was taken unilateraly (at first) then the board approved and not only the songs recorded (as group) were handed to others but Dara and CL were forced to give their solo songs.
  • Bom was working on a new album with Teddy. Although, on the first trans seems a little bit weird, it is reffering to that time when Bom was rumored to be under the Black label. Bom herself kinda confirmed this info (via Twitter and also made some misterious post on IG). Those plans were also sabotaged and the company publicly denied Bom's affiliation to them, leaving Bom like the crazy one...

So basically...

Last edited:

mirella

✦✧ living deadstar ✧✦
Reaction score
Shipped With
I always knew 2NE1 had some content planned for release but not to this extent. Does YG enjoy ruining his artists' careers? It hurts to know that they might have had some solo music ready :umjicry:

SuddenlyKfan

Rookie
Reaction score
I always knew 2NE1 had some content planned for release but not to this extent. Does YG enjoy ruining his artists' careers? It hurts to know that they might have had some solo music ready :umjicry:
At this point I think they actually do. I can't think of any other explanation for this behaviour.

Mirae

Jessica's Call Before Sleep
Reaction score
Shipped With
I'm patiently waiting for someone to explain to me why these CEOs actively work against their girl groups this way

Is shitting on women worth throwing away all the money that they could be making

I honestly want to see that company burn

JakeyWantsCakey

#1 Tendery Stan
Reaction score
I'm patiently waiting for someone to explain to me why these CEOs actively work against their girl groups this way

Is shitting on women worth throwing away all the money that they could be making

I honestly want to see that company burn
I wonder what made YG turn against CL because let's be real, he had been treating her like shit for years before she FINALLY started to call him of on instagram!

SuddenlyKfan

Rookie
Reaction score
I wonder what made YG turn against CL because let's be real, he had been treating her like shit for years before she FINALLY started to call him of on instagram!
I'd like to know too because, at least until 2015, CL seemed to be his favorite. It was clear that he was pushing her the most, giving her more participation on the album as well as screentime. Let's be honest, those rumors and discussions on the fandom about Minzy not receiving a solo because YHS prefered CL aren't totally unfounded, of course this is not CL's fault but it was noticeable how he was backing CL to the point of support a american debut, while leaving Minzy behind.

Panda

🌹 Ravi's Rose 🌹
Reaction score
Shipped With
It's so freaking infuriating to see this. Honestly, all of them worked hard. All of them had potential, but YG just couldn't have it.
Honestly, Blinks watch out, cause this can happen to your group as well. Such a rotten company.

Mirae

Jessica's Call Before Sleep
Reaction score
Shipped With
Honestly, Blinks watch out, cause this can happen to your group as well. Such a rotten company.
I'm really afraid of Blackpink not even being able to make it as long as 2ne1 did at this point

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)