COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Rumor [TEA] More details about 2NE1 disbandment... (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
DISCLAIMER: First of all, I must clarify that the main source of this info comes from an alleged ex-YGE employee and the original post has already being deleted. I am just transmiting what is on twitter beacuse Bomshells are talking about it. The translation was done by https://twitter.com/walrooroo, the whole tea is there. I will post the highlights of the thread as well as confirm some points.

Very rough trans

To summarize:
  • It follows both claims that Minzy and the remaining members of 2ne1 had songs recorded by the time of disbanding. Old 2ne1 fans know that all the members had material but it is confirmed that Bom, Minzy and CL had albums ready or in the works. Going further, by 2014 Bom's album had years of being recorded, this was confirmed by Bom herself because she mentioned it on 2NE1 TV and Roommate.
  • Minzy's solo was meant to be included on CRUSH but it never hapenned.
  • CL is being actively sabotaged by YGE. Her album has being rejected several times.
  • The disbandment decision was taken unilateraly (at first) then the board approved and not only the songs recorded (as group) were handed to others but Dara and CL were forced to give their solo songs.
  • Bom was working on a new album with Teddy. Although, on the first trans seems a little bit weird, it is reffering to that time when Bom was rumored to be under the Black label. Bom herself kinda confirmed this info (via Twitter and also made some misterious post on IG). Those plans were also sabotaged and the company publicly denied Bom's affiliation to them, leaving Bom like the crazy one...

So basically...

Last edited:

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
Reactions Received
Website
www.last.fm
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L?
Ship
Wreck
I always knew 2NE1 had some content planned for release but not to this extent. Does YG enjoy ruining his artists' careers? It hurts to know that they might have had some solo music ready :umjicry:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I always knew 2NE1 had some content planned for release but not to this extent. Does YG enjoy ruining his artists' careers? It hurts to know that they might have had some solo music ready :umjicry:
At this point I think they actually do. I can't think of any other explanation for this behaviour.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I'm patiently waiting for someone to explain to me why these CEOs actively work against their girl groups this way

Is shitting on women worth throwing away all the money that they could be making

I honestly want to see that company burn

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm patiently waiting for someone to explain to me why these CEOs actively work against their girl groups this way

Is shitting on women worth throwing away all the money that they could be making

I honestly want to see that company burn
I wonder what made YG turn against CL because let's be real, he had been treating her like shit for years before she FINALLY started to call him of on instagram!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I wonder what made YG turn against CL because let's be real, he had been treating her like shit for years before she FINALLY started to call him of on instagram!
I'd like to know too because, at least until 2015, CL seemed to be his favorite. It was clear that he was pushing her the most, giving her more participation on the album as well as screentime. Let's be honest, those rumors and discussions on the fandom about Minzy not receiving a solo because YHS prefered CL aren't totally unfounded, of course this is not CL's fault but it was noticeable how he was backing CL to the point of support a american debut, while leaving Minzy behind.

Panda

a panda just trying to chill
Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
It's so freaking infuriating to see this. Honestly, all of them worked hard. All of them had potential, but YG just couldn't have it.
Honestly, Blinks watch out, cause this can happen to your group as well. Such a rotten company.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Honestly, Blinks watch out, cause this can happen to your group as well. Such a rotten company.
I'm really afraid of Blackpink not even being able to make it as long as 2ne1 did at this point

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread