COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Polarizing Opinion Questionnaire PART4~! (1 Viewer)

Panda

a panda just trying to chill
Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
It's been forever since I made one. Not gonna lie, this one isn't as good cause I had a hard time thinking of these, but here it is! (Also, I took a few statements from a questionnaire that I posted on another forum if some of these seem familiar lmao.)

As always, AS A DISCLAIMER: I'm not trying to shade groups, rather these are things I have heard other people say and things that I have seen people fight on. Of course, the groups and companies involved are (mostly) wonderful, and I'm not trying to make a mess here. So, no fights in the comment section or I will ask for this to get deleted.

Though, discussion is still encouraged! Don't forget that all of your responses are anonymous, even I cannot view them! :)

~ THE QUESTIONNAIRE ~

You get to see the results after you finish the questionnaire by just clicking "see results" in the closing slide and that gets updated real time as well!

Here is the thread of the list with the other polls I have made:

Hope you enjoyed! ^-^

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Okay wow, these were really difficult. :pepeslippy:

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
So glad this is anonymous, haha. I feel like I need to justify my answers with logic. :jisoosmh:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
these were pretty good ones

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
:susPepe:

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
The entire time I've been a blink, I really have struggled to hold a concrete opinion on the whole "YG Princess" thing

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I wanna do this so bad but I can’t remember my google password :(

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
The entire time I've been a blink, I really have struggled to hold a concrete opinion on the whole "YG Princess" thing
I agree tbh. Even though I do think that there's a hint of preference (and I'm saying this because the same happened with 2NE1 and I just feel like YG is like that), I don't think I can properly judge anything until there's a vast difference between Jennie and the rest of BP.

But, honestly, it's not helping that YG is subconsciously pushing for that image with the way that things have been going down, and I can't blame others for thinking that either. Maybe with the new CEO, there may be some change though that won't happen lmao.

Walnutt

The #1 Reveluv
Reactions Received
KS Coins
1. I'm neutral on this. In smaller groups (i.e BP and Mamammoo) the difference between first place and last place is almost always insignificant. Jisoo may almost always be in last place with BP, but the margin is more often than not a 1 or 2 second difference between her and 3rd place. It also depends on the style that the song is going for.

For bigger groups, this is where the roles come into play. Of course the main/lead vocal is going to have a bit more presence than someone who's main role is the dancer. It also depends on how stable they are while performing. I have to go neutral because this one isn't black or white.

2. Absolutely agree. But this is more of a societal thing. Seeing as how most of the popular music in the US talks about drugs, sex, and various crimes; it blows my mind that a drug scandal can force someone out of the entertainment business.

3. Exploiting has too negative of a connotation for me to agree with this. Is BH milking BTS? Absolutely. Are they exploiting their popularity? No. They're a business and business exist to make money.

4. Absolutely disagree.

5. This one is tough but I reluctantly agree. While I hate the fact that supporting my group also supports a shitty company, it'll only make life harder for my favorites if fans boycott. The company would easily just lock them away and focus on another group or a new one.

6. I agree. Money obviously has a lot to do with it but the "Big 3" also involves prestige.

7. I've never believed Jennie to be the favorite. When there was nothing happening in 2017, Jisoo was chosen to be an MC on Inkigayo, not Jennie. Lisa was on Real Men first before Jennie was on Michuri. Lisa is also the only one to have their own "TV" series on YouTube. Rosé is the only one to have gone on a singing competition. They've all had their time to shine. Jennie got her Solo first because she's the best one at singing and rapping and that's YG's style. Someone had to go first and no matter who was picked, people would think there's preferential treatment when there's not.

8. I believe so, yes. Atleast to me. But that goes for anything be it a tv show, music group, sports team, etc.

9. Nope, I disagree. Again, everything in life has toxic fandoms attached to it; it's not powerful enough to tear down the entire industry.

10. When it comes to big awards like the end of the year ones, yeah they're meaningless. Weekly music award shows are good however as it gives smaller groups a chance to have some public attention.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
1. I'm neutral on this. In smaller groups (i.e BP and Mamammoo) the difference between first place and last place is almost always insignificant. Jisoo may almost always be in last place with BP, but the margin is more often than not a 1 or 2 second difference between her and 3rd place. It also depends on the style that the song is going for.

For bigger groups, this is where the roles come into play. Of course the main/lead vocal is going to have a bit more presence than someone who's main role is the dancer. It also depends on how stable they are while performing. I have to go neutral because this one isn't black or white.

2. Absolutely agree. But this is more of a societal thing. Seeing as how most of the popular music in the US talks about drugs, sex, and various crimes; it blows my mind that a drug scandal can force someone out of the entertainment business.

3. Exploiting has too negative of a connotation for me to agree with this. Is BH milking BTS? Absolutely. Are they exploiting their popularity? No. They're a business and business exist to make money.

4. Absolutely disagree.

5. This one is tough but I reluctantly agree. While I hate the fact that supporting my group also supports a shitty company, it'll only make life harder for my favorites if fans boycott. The company would easily just lock them away and focus on another group or a new one.

6. I agree. Money obviously has a lot to do with it but the "Big 3" also involves prestige.

7. I've never believed Jennie to be the favorite. When there was nothing happening in 2017, Jisoo was chosen to be an MC on Inkigayo, not Jennie. Lisa was on Real Men first before Jennie was on Michuri. Lisa is also the only one to have their own "TV" series on YouTube. Rosé is the only one to have gone on a singing competition. They've all had their time to shine. Jennie got her Solo first because she's the best one at singing and rapping and that's YG's style. Someone had to go first and no matter who was picked, people would think there's preferential treatment when there's not.

8. I believe so, yes. Atleast to me. But that goes for anything be it a tv show, music group, sports team, etc.

9. Nope, I disagree. Again, everything in life has toxic fandoms attached to it; it's not powerful enough to tear down the entire industry.

10. When it comes to big awards like the end of the year ones, yeah they're meaningless. Weekly music award shows are good however as it gives smaller groups a chance to have some public attention.
I agree with you on well basically everything.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
yay I missed these

Reactions Received
KS Coins
1. Idols who have less lines in a song deserve to have those amounts of lines in most (if not all) cases. Agree.

2. A scandal from several years ago shouldn't affect someone's future (unless it's a serious crime) and/or someone's ability on being or continuing their idol life (this is not considering dating "scandals"). Agree

3. Keeping in mind all the projects that BTS has done like mobile apps or dolls, it's clear that BigHit is exploiting the boy's popularity and ARMY for money. Agree. That's their job after all.

4. Speaking on a similar note, with BTS having all the projects (like the ones mentioned above), BTS are way less likely to be actually perceived as artists and thus damages their image as a group. Neutral. It does seem that they are heading towards that direction, but for now their artistry is still quite visible and they are praised for it. Time will tell.

5. Kpop fans boycotting their companies doesn't do any good and is hurting the group more than helping them in the end. (e.g. the argument: boycotting = less money and support for kpop group) Disagree.

6. In order to be qualified to be part of the Big3 (or Big4 or Big???, you get the point), the company has to have more than a successful group and good sales. Mega Agree. YG is still in the Big 3, Big Hit has a long way to go. YG won't fall out just because they don't have mega-successful groups.

7. YG clearly favors Jennie over the rest of BP and thus Jennie will also get treated better by YG (not regarding the dating scandal, but let's say future comebacks or projects only). Agree. This even ain't polarizing, it's a fact.

8. A group's fandom paints how their group's image will be perceived from the public, even if it's subconsciously. Agree. Now, personally I would disagree, but from the perspective of others, this definitely is the case.

9. The thing that will ruin or already is ruining Kpop and its legacy is the toxicity coming from the fandoms. Disagree. Fans mean diddly-squat. They give themselves too much power. If companies tend to be lenient that's their problem.

10. Awards and award shows carry no significance or importance as these awards are given out in a favored way and does not reflect the true results (such as giving awards only if group attends or making sure that all popular group receive at least one award). Agree. We don't need attendance awards anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread