• Dear Guest, not receiving any emails from our forum to confirm your account? Please check your junk/spam folder or retry again & check out how to whitelist our email on our - FAQ Page

Book Words from a Bookworm (1 Viewer)

kpopshop

Sponsored Advertisement

Bookworm

Rookie
Reaction score
Edit: As it says in my post below, I'm feeling kind of anxious about this thread, so I'm going to keep just one of my poems here, from that post, and that'll be the thread. There's a link to my DeviantArt page in the second post if anyone wants to read more.

A Poem for the Pevensies:

May I introduce to you
Some very good friends of mine?
They're the Pevensies
And exist in some of the books
Which belong to
The Chronicles of Narnia

Narnia is a magical place
Entered through portals in our world
Or even via the call
Of an enchanted ivory horn

That is to say
If you discover a cave or a wardrobe
Or if you think you saw something move
Out of the corner of your eye
I'd say it's worth a look

The Pevensies are just some
Of Narnia's many protagonists
Four children who go by the names
Of Peter and Susan
Edmund and Lucy

As the oldest of the lot
Peter does his best
To settle differences
Between the others
Whereas Susan
Worries well enough
And is the second oldest
As well as an avid swimmer
Edmund is the second youngest
And loves to read books
That teach important things
Like survival and deduction
And then there's Lucy
The youngest of the lot
She doesn't always get things right
But she's one of the kindest people
One could ever get to know

Together, the four become
A most incredible force for good
And though they sometimes say
Nasty, spiteful things to each other
They always make up
And always love each other
Like siblings ought to

So that when the train comes
To take them away to separate schools
Or even when they're split apart
For the holidays
We feel our own hearts break
And wish to cry foul

And whenever they hug and make amends
Or conquer an untamed land to survive
Or teach a dwarf a lesson in who they are
We feel our hearts sing
And we smile like the sun

Because of these great children
We come to realize the many values
Of mindfulness
Of love
And even of living and playing
Out of doors
And of just the little things in general

So now you know a bit about the Pevensies
And I highly recommend
Reading more about them
In that wonderful series of books

They are just some of my childhood favorites
But make no mistake about it
Because I love them
With all my heart

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have one too:
*Oh, Menem, what we did to deserve you?
Why you want to make us feel blue?
The austral was fine and you change it
And we can do nothing to venge it...*
*You left us with a crisis and a lot of doubts,
You did bad praxis and left us with evil thoughts,
You came there with intentions of rob
And then your boyfriend scaped in helicopter in 2001
What we did to deserve you?*

Reactions: Skinnny

Bookworm

Rookie
Reaction score
I have one too:
*Oh, Menem, what we did to deserve you?
Why you want to make us feel blue?
The austral was fine and you change it
And we can do nothing to venge it...*
*You left us with a crisis and a lot of doubts,
You did bad praxis and left us with evil thoughts,
You came there with intentions of rob
And then your boyfriend scaped in helicopter in 2001
What we did to deserve you?*
Wow, powerful O.O

go go bestieee :sakUwu:
Thank youu, bestieee :nekolove:

Bookworm

Rookie
Reaction score
Edit: I'm kind of anxious about this thread, so I'm just going to merge my two posts a little and put one of the poems I shared in this one in the original post. But if anyone wants to read more of my work you can visit PrecariouslyPeculiar | DeviantArt.

Last edited:

Bookworm

Rookie
Reaction score
I decided to share one of my flash fiction stories here. I asked one of my writing friends to do a merciless critique of it first and it wasn't too bad so I figured it was okay. lol.

Tag-list: @kodoku @Loki @wayvoutsold (feel free to let me know if you want me to un-tag you, although this is probably the last thing I'm going to post here XD)

"So you're actually doing it then, you and your mum. Moving to Northampton. That's well far away, innit? When are you..."

"In less than two weeks time."

"Oh." Kat looked at the floorboards of her tree house.

She and Sadie sat silently for a long moment as a loud continuous buzzing issued from the garage, where Kat's older brother was cutting wood. Toto's new song, Africa, played faintly above the din.

It was spring now. The air had a crisp smoky fragrance and they felt pleasantly warm dressed in their baggy T-shirts and shorts, their feet bare. A sense of eagerness that had hibernated inside them during winter now swelled, and tickled their cheeks in an effort to lift them higher, urging the girls to smile just as brightly on the outside as within. But Kat wasn't smiling, and neither was Sadie. Kat turned sharply towards her.

"But we can still-- We can still write to each other... yeah?"

"Oh, don't be daft! Of course we will! As much as possible."

Kat sighed in relief, and Sadie giggled and bumped their shoulders together.

"You're not getting rid of me that easily, luv," she said.

Snorting, Kat gave her a slight grin. Sadie's cheeks lifted just so as she smiled back at her. They stared deep into each other's eyes.

"Not that I'd ever want to, of course. But we'll visit each other on holidays too, yeah? And when we're finally rid of school, we'll bugger off to uni together, then maybe-- maybe find ourselves a nice flat..."

"The whole bit. We'll do the whole bit together. Properly."

"Properly... Well, as properly as a pair of arty-farty gits like us can, I suppose."

They shared in a light bout of giggling and it felt good.

For a while afterwards, neither of them said a word. Then at a point, they realized the buzzing had ceased, and so had the music. A light breeze rustled the leaves all around and above them. Cool wind pecked at their cheeks through the windows to either side of the small wooden enclosure.

Sadie blinked, then slowly took Kat's calloused hands into her own much softer pair. A tremor ran across Kat's body, then settled. She squeezed their hands gently. Eyelids drooping, Sadie sat unmoving, just to start. Then she leaned forward with glacial intent, and Kat followed suit. Darkness faded over their eyes like rolls of old film.

"Oi, you lot! Mum's getting out some juice and wants to know if you'd like any!"

They yanked themselves away from each other, a flood of emotions in their eyes and cheeks instantly crimson. Then Kat's shoulders slumped and her eyes flicked upwards. "We'll be down in a minute!"

She turned to look at Sadie, who peeled her eyes away from the floor to gaze back at her. Smiling, Kat planted a quick kiss on her lips, stood, and walked off, leaving Sadie to stare wide-eyed at the now empty space before her.

The trapdoor creaked open to reveal a ladder attached to the tree's trunk. "You coming?"

Sadie closed her eyes, took a deep breath to regain her composure, then shot her a playful smirk. She rose to her feet and joined Kat at the ladder.

Link to read it on DeviantArt: A Day in Spring by PrecariouslyPeculiar on DeviantArt

kodoku

Idol
Reaction score
Ship
I decided to share one of my flash fiction stories here. I asked one of my writing friends to do a merciless critique of it first and it wasn't too bad so I figured it was okay. lol.

Tag-list: @kodoku @Loki @wayvoutsold (feel free to let me know if you want me to un-tag you, although this is probably the last thing I'm going to post here XD)

"So you're actually doing it then, you and your mum. Moving to Northampton. That's well far away, innit? When are you..."

She and Sadie sat silently for a long moment as a loud continuous buzzing issued from the garage, where Kat's older brother was cutting wood. Toto's new song, Africa, played faintly above the din.

It was spring now. The air had a crisp smoky fragrance and they felt pleasantly warm dressed in their baggy T-shirts and shorts, their feet bare. A sense of eagerness that had hibernated inside them during winter now swelled, and tickled their cheeks in an effort to lift them higher, urging the girls to smile just as brightly on the outside as within. But Kat wasn't smiling, and neither was Sadie. Kat turned sharply towards her.

Snorting, Kat gave her a slight grin. Sadie's cheeks lifted just so as she smiled back at her. They stared deep into each other's eyes.

"Not that I'd ever want to, of course. But we'll visit each other on holidays too, yeah? And when we're finally rid of school, we'll bugger off to uni together, then maybe-- maybe find ourselves a nice flat..."

"Properly... Well, as properly as a pair of arty-farty gits like us can, I suppose."

For a while afterwards, neither of them said a word. Then at a point, they realized the buzzing had ceased, and so had the music. A light breeze rustled the leaves all around and above them. Cool wind pecked at their cheeks through the windows to either side of the small wooden enclosure.

Sadie blinked, then slowly took Kat's calloused hands into her own much softer pair. A tremor ran across Kat's body, then settled. She squeezed their hands gently. Eyelids drooping, Sadie sat unmoving, just to start. Then she leaned forward with glacial intent, and Kat followed suit. Darkness faded over their eyes like rolls of old film.

"Oi, you lot! Mum's getting out some juice and wants to know if you'd like any!"

They yanked themselves away from each other, a flood of emotions in their eyes and cheeks instantly crimson. Then Kat's shoulders slumped and her eyes flicked upwards. "We'll be down in a minute!"

She turned to look at Sadie, who peeled her eyes away from the floor to gaze back at her. Smiling, Kat planted a quick kiss on her lips, stood, and walked off, leaving Sadie to stare wide-eyed at the now empty space before her.

The trapdoor creaked open to reveal a ladder attached to the tree's trunk. "You coming?"

Sadie closed her eyes, took a deep breath to regain her composure, then shot her a playful smirk. She rose to her feet and joined Kat at the ladder.

Link to read it on DeviantArt: A Day in Spring by PrecariouslyPeculiar on DeviantArt
Beautiful~~~ <3

• Love
Reactions: potato and Bookworm

Loki

Nugu
Reaction score

AAW that's so cute! you are indeed talented
teach me your ways <3 I really enjoyed reading this haha oh man I could only wish I could write nicely and cute like this also your grammar is perfect
you can tag me always

• Love
Reactions: potato and Bookworm

Bookworm

Rookie
Reaction score
AAW that's so cute! you are indeed talented
teach me your ways <3 I really enjoyed reading this haha oh man I could only wish I could write nicely and cute like this also your grammar is perfect
you can tag me always
Awww, thank you :nekolove: This was mainly just a writing exercise. I was trying to emulate Ernest Hemingway in order to refine certain techniques, and I think I sort of failed at that. lol. But it's a relief to hear it still has its own merits c:

Reactions: potato and Loki

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)