COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Will YGE's strategy for BLACKPINK's comebacks, harm them or help them? (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I know YG is no longer active at YGE, but do you think YGE's strategy for BLACKPINK's releases and comebacks will harm them or help them? I mean aside from two single albums, one studio cover (So Hot), two mini albums, their official first full album was a Japanese release with Japanese versions of their Korean songs. So as the title says; will this strategy: harm them or help them?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
BlackPink's music have not dated well, so that's neither here nor there. They should just copy Red Velvet's playbook and just fling shit at that wall every other month and see what sticks-- it's better than sending each member to the next Paris fashion show to get new threads for their garb department.

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
It does seem to, though, for multi-stans. YGE should try to allow BLACKPINK to interact with IKON so fans have 2 groups to stan. That way, BLACKPINK's hype for their comebacks increases, but fans aren't bored.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Harm
Their physicals are pretty bad in Japan and their Korean fanbase isn't as strong or consistent as their overseas fanbase.

Not only are we not getting music but YG keeps trying to bleed us dry from photobooks, concert DVDs and other random crap we didn't ask for

Even without a career devastating scandal like 2ne1 went through, I doubt they'll last as long as they did. The Pinks seem fed up at this point

Reactions Received
KS Coins
it works for now but it's not how we want it to be. their fanbase would be way more stronger if they had comebacks 2 times a year. they need new music, the girls didn't train their asses off to get this shit treatment, the girls want new music, and the fact that yg has constantly ignored them until he needed money or more popularity for his company is utterly sad. you could replace the CEO with a fan with no business experience and they would do better at promoting, releasing music and making money from bp while still having their best interests in mind.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I think they should change this "strategy" it's not good for them in my opinion... I think the company should try to make more comebacks, I think even their fandom think like that.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
well stragety is still working. hype is there and as long as that happens, I don't see YGE changing anything. And timing with everything is so off rn.
The Pinks work hard and I do want to see more of them. I also would love more collabs with other YGE aritsts (AKMU, Lee Hi, iKON, Winner; I would literally die if a Eun Jiwon and Rose collab would be a thing)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
It has been working alright so far, they are top of popularity. If they can hold concerts without full albums there is no reason to do full album it's just waste of songs. Only issue to me is that they don't do enough releases in one year, it has gotten bit better- but i think they need either single or mini for second half.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Harm because I am pretty sure that they could be bigger than this though they already are big. And they are a Kpop group not a model one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread