COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Reality Will any of you be watching Produce 101 Japan? (1 Viewer)

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I didn't know there will be one? Will it have japanese idol trainees.. but don't japan have bit different system :jisoosmh:
I'm not really sure, I just know that it's gonna be with Japanese contestants and that it's gonna air in Japan. Apparently, Koreans are a little bit upset because Mnet are letting the Japanese network film part of the show in Korea...

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I'm excited to see what it will be like! The Chinese season was made to be different to fit what China wanted out of their idols, so I am sure this season will be made appropriate for japanese idols!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I might check it out but currently I'm getting thru season one of China's version and then maybe I'll watch idol produce lol

I might watch this instead though

Reactions Received
KS Coins
wait what any details?

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I might watch it

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Info...
They are filming in Korea...
And they had to apologise due to Japanese people in Korea basically... pretty sad

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
wait what any details?
Does anyone know if it's girls or boys first? If it's girls, I'm probably gonna watch it.
It’s gonna have Japanese trainees & coaches but will be filmed in Korea using the usual sets & stuff. The official logo is in blue so I’m assuming that it’s gonna be a male season. I’m hoping that since Mnet aren’t the ones counting the votes, the show won’t be as rigged lol

Reactions Received
KS Coins
It’s gonna have Japanese trainees & coaches but will be filmed in Korea using the usual sets & stuff. The official logo is in blue so I’m assuming that it’s gonna be a male season. I’m hoping that since Mnet aren’t the ones counting the votes, the show won’t be as rigged lol
Why are they filming it in korea?

Is it the first japanese version of PD101?

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Info...
They are filming in Korea...
And they had to apologise due to Japanese people in Korea basically... pretty sad
Yeah but you have to remember that the only reason that Koreans are boycotting Japan is because the Japanese government is refusing to compensate the Korean workers that they enslaved during WW2 so I can understand why the GP are so riled up in this case.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
ohhh yayyy male again

I wonder the age bracket due to Japanese idols being pretty young i see them starting at 14 as it a tv show and i dont think they have tv show laws due to age as akb48 goes pretty young

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yeah but you have to remember that the only reason that Koreans are boycotting Japan is because the Japanese government is refusing to compensate the Korean workers that they enslaved during WW2 so I can understand why the GP are so riled up in this case.
i get it but they are paying to use there building etc etc so korea is getting more out of it than japan

plus japanese people wont be able to vote or go to the show etc
so it a show for korean people in a sence

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Why are they filming it in korea?

Is it the first japanese version of PD101?
Yes. I think it’ cheaper just to use the sets that are already there rather than build new stuff in Japan plus it’d probably be hard to find somewhere to dorm all of those trainees especially if you want to have the show air before the end of the year.
i get it but they are paying to use there building etc etc so korea is getting more out of it than japan

plus japanese people wont be able to vote or go to the show etc
so it a show for korean people in a sence
idk the statement said that only some of the show will be filmed in Korea so I’m assuming that they are gonna do the training in Korea & then film the actual performances in Japan with a Japanese audience.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yes. I think it’ cheaper just to use the sets that are already there rather than build new stuff in Japan plus it’d probably be hard to find somewhere to dorm all of those trainees especially if you want to have the show air before the end of the year.

idk the statement said that only some of the show will be filmed in Korea so I’m assuming that they are gonna do the training in Korea & then film the actual performances in Japan with a Japanese audience.
surely that would cost a alot to fly 101 trainees plus staff back and forth

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
surely that would cost a alot to fly 101 trainees plus staff back and forth
It depends, the Japanese trainees on PD48 did it. They'll probably have two separate crews, one in Korea and one in Japan plus the trainees' companies will probably cover the plane tickets so all the network would have to pay for is the coaches flights and the director maybe a couple of others but not that many.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread