COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Why I think big groups like IZ*ONE, Gfriend, EXO, Red Velvet etc should not compete on The Show (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
And I mean that they can perform on The Show to still get people watching it, but honestly, I think that if you already have at least 3 wins or if you are already a big group, then you should move up to the other music shows and let the smaller groups compete on The Show so they will have a chance to win.
Smaller groups/soloist can never win if a big group is on The Show and I'm not just talking about IZ*ONE being on it either and I'm not saying they stole Dreamcatcher's win as they fairly won, but I feel as though groups like Gfriend, Red Velvet, Seventeen, etc don't need to be on The Show as they are too big for it.

So I think that the more underrated/smaller groups should have the chance to be on The Show without a big group or soloist to get in their way.

Like I said before though, I think they should still be allowed to perform on the program as that will bring exposure and will help the music show.

Anyway, these are my thought but I doubt this would ever happen.

If NINE MUSES didn't have any big groups in their way, then who knows, they could have had their first win.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I am on the fence with it. If a group is excluded from the pool of possible winners, wouldn’t that make it unfair when they still perform on that show?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
I am on the fence with it. If a group is excluded from the pool of possible winners, wouldn’t that make it unfair when they still perform on that show?
Well, maybe they should do two tiers, one for the bigger groups and one for the smaller/underrated groups or something, but it is also kinda unfair if there is a bigger group competing and the smaller group has no way to win.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Well, maybe they should do two tiers, one for the bigger groups and one for the smaller/underrated groups or something, but it is also kinda unfair if there is a bigger group competing and the smaller group has no way to win.
yeah it‘s just the question of how fair we want it to be

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
yeah it‘s just the question of how fair we want it to be
True, I think there needs to be something that at least gives the smaller groups a chance to get a 1st win because some groups never get their first win, so they can never have the chance to become popular like some of the bigger groups.

Maybe the 2 tiers would be the best idea, like you have the smaller groups on first and then you have the bigger groups on after.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Maybe but who would watch at all if there were only lower tiered groups?
The Show already gets dragged for being easy to win, I feel like no one would take it seriously anymore after that

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
Maybe but who would watch at all if there were only lower tiered groups?
The Show already gets dragged for being easy to win, I feel like no one would take it seriously anymore after that
Yes, it's true that if there were no bigger groups, no one would watch it. But that's why I suggested there to be 2 tiers or something.

eclipsoul

barbie (2023) fan account
Reactions Received
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
9muses had so many great songs, it's sad that none of them could get a win :yolk: as unlikely as it is, the idea with the two tiers sounds really good to me.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
There really isn't as many big groups who go on The Show as you think tbh, the list is just Monsta X, NCT Dream, Red Velvet, Gfriend, Mamamoo and Iz*One from who won last year.

Groups who struggle to get wins are usually just really unlucky with their timing and line up with one of the big groups like Loona lining up against Monsta X with Butterfly and now Gfriend with So What.

The music shows are in a good place even if I don't completely agree with some of their calculations but here is a list of artists who got their first win in 2019

Astro, CLC, Golden Child, Victon, Everglow, Ateez, CIX, AB6IX, N.Flying, Chungha and The Boyz all managed to pick up their first wins along with more bigger ones like Hwasa and Stray Kids but already this year SF9 picked up their first win and plenty more could join them.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
There really isn't as many big groups who go on The Show as you think tbh, the list is just Monsta X, NCT Dream, Red Velvet, Gfriend, Mamamoo and Iz*One from who won last year.

Groups who struggle to get wins are usually just really unlucky with their timing and line up with one of the big groups like Loona lining up against Monsta X with Butterfly and now Gfriend with So What.

The music shows are in a good place even if I don't completely agree with some of their calculations but here is a list of artists who got their first win in 2019

Astro, CLC, Golden Child, Victon, Everglow, Ateez, CIX, AB6IX, N.Flying, Chungha and The Boyz all managed to pick up their first wins along with more bigger ones like Hwasa and Stray Kids but already this year SF9 picked up their first win and plenty more could join them.
Yeah, timing has to be good for a group to get a win. I mean although Dreamcatcher has still yet to win, they would have won at the Show if IZ*ONE didn't take part.
I think Pentagon also need their first win too and they are also pretty strong and were also in the top 5 at Show Champion today.

That is quite a lot of groups who have got their first win, so I guess if you are quite strong and the timing is right, then groups can definitely get a win.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Yeah, timing has to be good for a group to get a win. I mean although Dreamcatcher has still yet to win, they would have won at the Show if IZ*ONE didn't take part.
I think Pentagon also need their first win too and they are also pretty strong and were also in the top 5 at Show Champion today.

That is quite a lot of groups who have got their first win, so I guess if you are quite strong and the timing is right, then groups can definitely get a win.
For some groups it is just all down to their timing like Loona and Dreamcatcher could easily get their first win since they are mid tier groups like Oh My Girl and Cosmic Girls but ultimately bad timing will ruin your chances and running into one of the big groups at The Show is just bad luck.

Other groups though have to improve to be in a likely range for their first win as while there are cases like CLC and Momoland who get their first win while they aren't really doing great and it's a case of really good timing that you shouldn't count on getting and a group like Nine Muses needed that kind of timing for the success they had.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
For some groups it is just all down to their timing like Loona and Dreamcatcher could easily get their first win since they are mid tier groups like Oh My Girl and Cosmic Girls but ultimately bad timing will ruin your chances and running into one of the big groups at The Show is just bad luck.

Other groups though have to improve to be in a likely range for their first win as while there are cases like CLC and Momoland who get their first win while they aren't really doing great and it's a case of really good timing that you shouldn't count on getting and a group like Nine Muses needed that kind of timing for the success they had.
I was shocked to find out that Loona hasn't had their first win yet because they have such a strong and dedicated fanbase but like you said, they have been up against monster groups, same with Dreamcatcher.

9muses came so close to winning but didn't quite make it :umjicry:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I agree but I also don’t tbh. The show is usually for smaller rookie groups, and I think they know that because the criteria on that show is very easy. It’s easy to get a win on the show and that’s why the majority of rookies get their first wins on the show. If we completely remove the big groups who compete and go on the show then the first win that a group gets isn’t really a win? If that’s makes sense. I do think that if a bigger group doesn’t perform on smaller music shows like the show, then they shouldn’t be nominated, period.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread