COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Why do so many people think that TXT will 100% get ROTY and no one else has a chance? (1 Viewer)

Peach

Always there for Daniel
Reactions Received
KS Coins
This thread is based on a discussion I saw in Reddit's r/kpop. This is in no way meant to diss TXT or diminish their achievements so far but we're only 3 months into the year!

Even if PD101 boy group doesn't do as well as Wanna One, they can still sell at least 200-350k and chart high. I refuse to believe that they would do worse than IZ*ONE in sales.

Brand New Music's debuting boy group has Wanna One's Daehwi and Woojin, they can easily sell 100k+. Their pre-release for fans charted on #6 on Melon without any promotions at all.

So why are people pretending that these groups don't exist? They'll debut when they're still eligible for this year's rookie but people act like TXT has it in the bag already.

No one cares how many views you have on YT, or how many followers you have on Twitter/IG or any other site, it's all about physical and digital sales in Korea. Sorry, I am just so frustrated. So do you agree with me or not? If not, I'd like to know what you think.​

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pd 101 show didnt even start. TXT will be getting one more comeback and more sales till then. And this isnt the gidle-izone case where it was a gg battle and gidle had weak physical sales,but a bg battle.

Peach

Always there for Daniel
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pd 101 show didnt even start. TXT will be getting one more comeback and more sales till then. And this isnt the gidle-izone case where it was a gg battle and gidle had weak physical sales,but a bg battle.
So you think their sales will increase by 100-200k next time? And PD101's group is supposed to debut in September. The show starts in April.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
So you think their sales will increase by 100-200k next time? And PD101's group is supposed to debut in September. The show starts in April.
Couldnt be sure. Izone too were expected to debut september but the debut was almost november. One more comeback with same amount of sales will help them anyway. They might get everything aside MAMA as always.
And the thing is aside from MMA and MAMA,other shows pass more than 1 roty award.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
ReVeluv
I think it's just fans doing what fans do. A lot of times when a rookie group has a very good debut, the immediate comments point toward ROTY!20XX.

It's just like when someone posts information about...someone selling like a million albums worldwide, they'll start saying "GLOBAL KANGS" or "GLOBAL GIRL GROUP" or something like that. It's literally fan-speak and, for me, not something to take seriously when you do have more groups that will be debuting later this year.

I'd say just let the fans speculate and claim whatever they want. It's just forum conversation. Now, when the other groups do debut and make a big splash, then some actual discussion can be had/thrown around. But either way, we won't know until the results come in, and that will happen when the groups debut and the numbers start pouring in.

perhapz

ab imo pectore
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I agree with you on the fact that it's too early to say they will win for sure, a lot of things can happen through the year and other rookie groups can do amazing, yeah.
But I also think they're really strong candidates to win ROTY awards so far, though.

Peach

Always there for Daniel
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Couldnt be sure. Izone too were expected to debut september but the debut was almost november. Ome more comeback with same amount of sales will help them anyway. They might get everything aside MAMA as always.
And the thing is aside from MMA and MAMA,other shows pass more than 1 roty award.
Wanna One debuted in August, but second season of PD101 aired in April as well. I think that one month gap is because it probably starts to air in end of April. I'm not even sure if I'll stan the final group but I wish this group was taken more seriously. They said same thing about W1 for MAMA rookie, which is ridiculous, because they sold over 500 000 albums on Hanteo for their debut, and no one even came close in 2017. I actually think competition this year is a lot closer but not as close as The Boyz & Stray Kids last year so that's why I am bit annoyed about this.

For sure, more than one group can win at SMA, Melon had both The Boyz & G-IDLE last year, but Wanna One won alone in 2017, so I think it depends. Golden Disk also can award only one award or several.

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
Ok, I don't want people to see this as a diss or bash cuz I am not in the mood to be attacked on another platform but:

Korea hypes you up once you have made your name until the next big thing comes or you screw up with a huge scandal (minor scandals won't damage your name in this case).
Right now, BTS has their name, TXT is the brother group so they inherit the hype as well, cuz now netz focus on BigHit's decision and hype it up.
Basically the award shows last year were BTS-centered (because they are huge) and have become as salty people may call it "The BTS show" (which is kinda true, it's all about them in these shows cuz shows know they'll get views and good names if they please the fans), so yes, this year will be all about TXT and BTS, especially cuz SM doesn't come to a few award shows anymore, there's no competition.

BUT I think that they will give ITZY some kind of award as well. Or both will earn it

Peach

Always there for Daniel
Reactions Received
KS Coins
i thought it will be Itzy???
Itzy has great digitals but I'm not sure if they can win at the awards show with a single ROTY given out? I don't know their physical sales.
I think it's just fans doing what fans do. A lot of times when a rookie group has a very good debut, the immediate comments point toward ROTY!20XX.

It's just like when someone posts information about...someone selling like a million albums worldwide, they'll start saying "GLOBAL KANGS" or "GLOBAL GIRL GROUP" or something like that. It's literally fan-speak and, for me, not something to take seriously when you do have more groups that will be debuting later this year.

I'd say just let the fans speculate and claim whatever they want. It's just forum conversation. Now, when the other groups do debut and make a big splash, then some actual discussion can be had/thrown around. But either way, we won't know until the results come in, and that will happen when the groups debut and the numbers start pouring in.
You're right about it. Some international fans are too loud. W1 wasn't that popular with western fans so a lot of people acted like their debut wasn't massive for a rookie at time. And not too many people are invested in PD101 outside Korea either.
I agree with you on the fact that it's too early to say they will win for sure, a lot of things can happen through the year and other rookie groups can do amazing, yeah.
But I also think they're really strong candidates to win ROTY awards so far, though.
That's my main point, that TXT is one of the strong candidates, but people also can't forget that they're not sole candidates and that's what I am annoyed about, haha. I think we should wait for all the results, not hand out awards in March. It's as ridiculous as claiming that a song from January this year will win SOTY in December.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
The produce group will win at MAMA but i feel like everyone is on Bighit and BTS dick so will ride it.

Brand New Music's debuting boy group has Wanna One's Daehwi and Woojin.

This group could do well.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
This is a reason why i think PD101 group winning will be to late if they debut in September they have like 2 months to prove they deserve the award?

i thought it will be Itzy???
Females and Males have seperate rookie awards.

Peach

Always there for Daniel
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ok, I don't want people to see this as a diss or bash cuz I am not in the mood to be attacked on another platform but:

Korea hypes you up once you have made your name until the next big thing comes or you screw up with a huge scandal (minor scandals won't damage your name in this case).
Right now, BTS has their name, TXT is the brother group so they inherit the hype as well, cuz now netz focus on BigHit's decision and hype it up.
Basically the award shows last year were BTS-centered (because they are huge) and have become as salty people may call it "The BTS show" (which is kinda true, it's all about them in these shows cuz shows know they'll get views and good names if they please the fans), so yes, this year will be all about TXT and BTS, especially cuz SM doesn't come to a few award shows anymore, there's no competition.

BUT I think that they will give ITZY some kind of award as well. Or both will earn it
I mean I can't deny that TXT is mainly doing well due to being associated with BTS but the same also applies to PD101 group kind of. It depends what kind of line-up they're going for and if they can get already debuted idols in the group then that'll boost the sales even more. :zoomeyes:

I think ITZY will get one for sure, since a lot of awards shows hand out more than one, or one for either genders.

Peach

Always there for Daniel
Reactions Received
KS Coins
This is a reason why i think PD101 group winning will be to late if they debut in September they have like 2 months to prove they deserve the award?
But IZ*ONE debuted in end of October and got more than one ROTY. September is earlier than October at least. That's why I think it's better to wait than hand out awards now. I mean we could get a massive hit song like Love Scenario was in October too.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I mean I can't deny that TXT is mainly doing well due to being associated with BTS but the same also applies to PD101 group kind of. It depends what kind of line-up they're going for and if they can get already debuted idols in the group then that'll boost the sales even more. :zoomeyes:

I think ITZY will get one for sure, since a lot of awards shows hand out more than one, or one for either genders.
Its not the same fans supporting every Produce group its new fans the difference between that and TXT getting support due to BTS is that at least people know the produce members before debut.

But IZ*ONE debuted in end of October and got more than one ROTY. September is earlier than October at least. That's why I think it's better to wait than hand out awards now.
Which i found stupid i dont think TXT will win all awards, this year has alot of competition i think Treasure would have been the biggest threat.

Last edited:

Peach

Always there for Daniel
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Its not the same fans supporting every Produce group its new fans the different between that and TXT getting support due to BTS is that at least people know the produce members before debut.

Which i found stupid i dont think TXT will win all awards though this year has alot of competition i think Treasure would have been the biggest threat.
Yeah, but personally since I like this franchise, I might support it. But they have a lot of already debuted idols, even more than the second season. They even have trainees from YG's Treasure Box. But I think that in general the public support is not as high as it was for the second season because in a way it has become worn out. But I still believe they can get high physical and digital sales, just not W1 level of sales.

And I didn't include Treasure because with YG's situation we can't be sure that they'll debut at all this year. :hmm:

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
The year literally just began. Many groups can still debut.

So far I personally liked Itzy the most. I do think that they could be a contender for hhe awards.

And I agree. The Pd groups do extremely well so I would never count them out especially now that the next season is a bg one.

Peach

Always there for Daniel
Reactions Received
KS Coins
The year literally just began. Many groups can still debut.

So far I personally liked Itzy the most. I do think that they could be a contender for hhe awards.

And I agree. The Pd groups do extremely well so I would never count them out especially now that the next season is a bg one.
Agreed. I know PD101 trainees/final group members tend to have a lot of akgaes but usually they'll still end up supporting the group as long as their one favourite makes it into the group. :o

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen

For Produce, it's known that MNet pushes them at first behind the scenes
Later, they have their name and it's the whole process that I wrote again

Peach

Always there for Daniel
Reactions Received
KS Coins
For Produce, it's known that MNet pushes them at first behind the scenes
Later, they have their name and it's the whole process that I wrote again
I think it's because CJ E&M wants to take over the market in general. 5 years is perfect for the group if EXO/BTS members have to enlist and can't promote as full or don't promote at all. I can see what they're trying to do. I don't know if they'll succeed though. :zoomeyes:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread