COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

What Kind Of Controversial Opinions Do You Have? (1 Viewer)

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Kpop opinions
  • They're really isn't that huge a talent gap between 2ne1 and Blackpink. A stage presence gap? Definitely. But not a talent gap
  • Even if it means SNSD is finally and irrefutably over, Ot5 needs to leave SM. They're all big enough to survive on their own
  • I'd like to see BoA and Luna take a hand in training SMNGG.
  • I think Blackpink could survive without YG.
  • All Big 3 groups benefit from Big 3 privilege. Argue over who gets the most is stupid as they all benefit from it in different ways.
  • Kim Ah Young is the prettiest visual from 2nd gen :sanapray:
  • Sometimes SM discographies are overrated
  • I think JYP is just as dirty as the other 2, they just haven't gotten caught yet
  • If Blackpink is carbon copy 2ne1(SwiT too), Red Velvet is carbon copy f(x), Twice is carbon copy SNSD. iKon is carbon-copy Big Bang. You can't pick and choose. Either all of them are the same as their predecessors or none of them are
  • I see more people overly hating on Blackpink than I see overrating them. Especially Jennie. It honestly scares me how people treat Blackpink.
  • Ifans are no better than kfans. They're just as hateful and hypocritical.
  • The fanwars and toxicity now isn't as bad as it used to be

Reactions Received
KS Coins
1) line distribution isn't that big of a deal as fans make it to be. if the song suits one members vocals over another, they shouldnt have to not have to sing because another member won't be singing a lot throughout the song
2) jpop visuals imo is more appealing than kpop visuals (at least to me lol)

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Governments shouldn't be responsible for social/cultural/etc stuff.

It just serves for them to buy votes in disguise.

That or end the obligatory vote, which is even dumber.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
i agree with every single one of these :D with the only exception in my case being that yes some sm discographies are a bit over rated...but DB5K's and TVXQ's? nope beautiful for sure
I haven't listened to a lot of their songs but every one I've heard I liked :llama_thug:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Mmmmh :pepesalut:

• I often feel like I'm this weird middle place between liberal and conservative in my views and values. I support lot of things to the extent, but often feel like saying "hold your horses" with stuff that gets proposed and brought up as well. That said, I'm definitely more on liberal side, I mean what comes to values? On right-left axel I'm very much in the left so not liberal at all xd
  • Context matters, I think people ignore context way too much these days and get outraged based on quotes and such taken out of context.
  • Dark or black humor, what you call it, is not bad and people shouldn't take it as person being horrible. Making jokes about tough and serious things can actually bring light to them or help people cope with them.
  • Religions nowadays are or should be simply philosophies and ways to live in my opinion. They also have cultural and historical significance, but they shouldn't be followed well.. religiously these days. I don't understand people who limit themselves based on religion not their own thoughts and moral- and even less I understand those that try to limit others based on their own religion.

Kpop one's are probably same as I have posted in unpopular opinions:

• People are too obsessed with vocal technique stuff with kpop, and especially "right" vocal technique. If it sounds good, it's good. Like too many claim BTS vocals aren't good cause they are breathy, but breathy can be concious stylistic choice that is actually pretty popular. Too many vocal puritists around.
    • Also, Jimin sounds like sex in BST.
  • Continuing with vocals. I simply dislike SM male vocalist, not as people of course, but as vocalist. The singing styles and tones they use is really boring to me what comes to ballads and such, and on regular songs I think SM adds some weird effects to their voices too that throws me off. I rarely like male vocalists from SM, and this translates to liking groups and their music as well.
  • I hate lipsynching and it has gotten so bad that I'm actually glad if I hear artist crack or strain during performance cause then I know they are at least singing and not just moving their mouth like fishes on dry land ^^; I don't care about backing track being loud, but I want some live vocals, or I will close tab.
  • Kpop visuals have quite plain and boring looks for me, I'm usually visually drawn to those idols that get called ugly by knetz and even inetz.
  • Kpop idols actually are good rappers, especially good as idol rappers. What I mean that their rap mostly sound good and should be appreciated more. Sure there is some groups that still have those stupid mandatory raps from member that can't really rap at all, but I think there is more and more actual rap talent and effort being put into raps as well.

[/spoiler

Mew

~Angel of Death~
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Shawol
Also, Jimin sounds like sex in BST.
I don't know how you meant this... but i literally think he sounds like he's striaght up fornicating with the microphone in BST, its all breathy and moany... i makes me feel low key dirty but at the same time intrigued, yet i still don't know if i like it or not vocally.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I don't know how you meant this... but i literally think he sounds like he's striaght up fornicating with the microphone in BST, its all breathy and moany... i makes me feel low key dirty but at the same time intrigued, yet i still don't know if i like it or not vocally.
Pretty much that, thanks xd

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
V.I.P
Pronouns
she/her
Mmmmh :pepesalut:

• I often feel like I'm this weird middle place between liberal and conservative in my views and values. I support lot of things to the extent, but often feel like saying "hold your horses" with stuff that gets proposed and brought up as well. That said, I'm definitely more on liberal side, I mean what comes to values? On right-left axel I'm very much in the left so not liberal at all xd
  • Context matters, I think people ignore context way too much these days and get outraged based on quotes and such taken out of context.
  • Dark or black humor, what you call it, is not bad and people shouldn't take it as person being horrible. Making jokes about tough and serious things can actually bring light to them or help people cope with them.
  • Religions nowadays are or should be simply philosophies and ways to live in my opinion. They also have cultural and historical significance, but they shouldn't be followed well.. religiously these days. I don't understand people who limit themselves based on religion not their own thoughts and moral- and even less I understand those that try to limit others based on their own religion.

Kpop one's are probably same as I have posted in unpopular opinions:

• People are too obsessed with vocal technique stuff with kpop, and especially "right" vocal technique. If it sounds good, it's good. Like too many claim BTS vocals aren't good cause they are breathy, but breathy can be concious stylistic choice that is actually pretty popular. Too many vocal puritists around.
    • Also, Jimin sounds like sex in BST.
  • Continuing with vocals. I simply dislike SM male vocalist, not as people of course, but as vocalist. The singing styles and tones they use is really boring to me what comes to ballads and such, and on regular songs I think SM adds some weird effects to their voices too that throws me off. I rarely like male vocalists from SM, and this translates to liking groups and their music as well.
  • I hate lipsynching and it has gotten so bad that I'm actually glad if I hear artist crack or strain during performance cause then I know they are at least singing and not just moving their mouth like fishes on dry land ^^; I don't care about backing track being loud, but I want some live vocals, or I will close tab.
  • Kpop visuals have quite plain and boring looks for me, I'm usually visually drawn to those idols that get called ugly by knetz and even inetz.
  • Kpop idols actually are good rappers, especially good as idol rappers. What I mean that their rap mostly sound good and should be appreciated more. Sure there is some groups that still have those stupid mandatory raps from member that can't really rap at all, but I think there is more and more actual rap talent and effort being put into raps as well.
[/spoiler
I agree with your regular opinions, I hate how context doesn't matter to people.

Like me, people call me hypocritical because I say one thing for one situation but another thing for a different situation and that's because the situation is DIFFERENT. The context is different. I've always been someone who relies on context.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
I finally get to use this picture???
0CA5227F-4A73-4339-AE35-E66C9E52F061.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread