COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

What is your relationship with yourself like? (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Do you like or dislike yourself? what do you struggle with the most when it comes to being "you"?

I used to hate my own guts to the point where being me was unbearable lol, but I've come a long way from that... now I'm okay with some parts of me, others I am still trying to change.......maybe I manage to improve and find a way to be okay with myself, maybe I struggle forever, who knows.. I'm often too hard on myself and make things harder than they should be but I can't help it, but I'm also proud of some things about myself hehe..

Reactions Received
KS Coins
It's a love hate relationship. I love being me, but I hate everything that is me.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Overall, I don't like myself. But I think I'm on the path to accepting who I am... I go back and forth between "I'm alright I guess" and "wow I don't like myself". I'm working on that. I still have a long way to go, but I can already see some improvements. I doubt I will ever reach the stage where I can say "I like me" or "I like being me", but as long as I can live as myself and not beat myself up about it every day, then that's something. I think my goal is to have a relationship with myself where I feel at completely peace with who I am, and maybe I'll eventually get there.

Last edited:

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I have a love/hate relationship with myself. More on the dislike side though. It’s just hard to learn how to like yourself.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
It was love hate and sometimes it still is. Because of my background, I sometimes find it hard to verbally communicate what I feel and a lot of times it’s misinterpreted. So much to the point it destroyed my self confidence. I’ve always struggled with being the backup friend and it still happens to me (always second best).

But I’ve come to realize that what matters is how I view myself. I started going off on my own and exploring and doing things I wanted to do not for others. It’s okay and I do think things will get better.

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I guess I have some moments when I am harsh with myself, but then I remember that the only way I can change the things I don't like is to work harder :sanapray: So I guess I am good most of the times lately, I try to motivate myself and all even if I still have things I'd change

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
I'm fine, I wouldn't complain if I won the lottery though

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
I only really think about myself in relation to others... For instance, I may surround myself, irl, with idiots and have a noxious relationship with them, because I like feeling like I am the smartest one in the room, which isn't hard when looking at my CV. But a breakdown is necessary to answer my question; how I feel about myself:

1. Intellect: 90%. I am very smart and know it and will make others know it.
  2. Physical: 82-85%. Reasonably attractive. Symmetrical Face. No abnormalities. Nice teeth. Tall.
  3. Personality: 60%. Generally I am nice-ish. But there are noticeable flaws in how I present myself (i.e. Inflated sense of self, neurotic, Messy, gossip monger, etc.), that I most likely will never change.
  4. Motivation: 40%. It is really hard for me to get motivated to do something I find tedious or boring or annoying. This could range from work/academic activities, to more mundane and/or entertainment activities.
  5. Morals: 20%. This is last of the list, because, well, my morals tend to be like the wind. If I need to be a certain way to achieve a goal then I will do that even if my organic morals (the ones that I actually believe in) must be briefly forgotten. For instance, I spent 9 months faking my sincerity of wanting to become part of an organization to get initiated only because my family was part of the organization. That is probably the most extreme of examples.

Thus, I have a favorable view of myself, with the exception of my malleable sense of morality, and being a dick on a regular occasion, as well as lacking motivation to start/complete certain tasks.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
At some point in my life I thought very poorly of myself. It wasn't hate, but I didn't know how to handle some things. Now, years later, I accepted myself. Ofc there are still room for improvement, but I can atleast look in the mirror

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Ship
I love myself. Sometimes I get mad at myself and say I hate myself and call myself a stupid bitch but really I love myself

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread