COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Website told readers to ‘hunt’ gay people. Gay people dead. (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
The frightening Russian website promoted it as a “game” — identify gay people, upload their photos and information to a database and then proceed to hunt them down and torture them, as in the gruesome “Saw” movies that inspired the site’s name.

The page was blocked in Russia last week, but not before the names of prominent journalists and activists began appearing there. Yelena Grigorieva was among them. The 41-year-old was a fierce advocate for LGBTQ rights, and on Saturday she was found dead near her home in St. Petersburg with eight stab wounds and signs that she had been strangled.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...t-yelena-grigorieva-found-dead-st-petersburg/

This is appalling. I am at a loss of words. What kind of sick mind?

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
This is disgusting. Religion isn't even an excuse. Gross.

Panda

a panda just trying to chill
Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
This is outrageous and beyond disgusting. Wth can’t we just treat humans like humans already? Those people better be captured and have the same thing if not worse done to them.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
Not at all surprised this happened in Russia.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Not at all surprised this happened in Russia.
honestly, it wouldn't be surprising anywhere. LGBTQ+ people don't have as much protections or real acceptance as people like to claim we do in countries that are considered safer. People mistake their tolerance as humanity and are inactive to prevent violence

arieam

Reactions Received
Website
youtube.com
KS Coins
honestly, it wouldn't be surprising anywhere. LGBTQ+ people don't have as much protections or real acceptance as people like to claim we do in countries that are considered safer. People mistake their tolerance as humanity and are inactive to prevent violence
people forget that consensus doesn't need that long to change. so "tolerance" doesn't fucking matter if consensus starts to shift towards anti-lgbtq+ since they'll be the first ones to sign up. jfc. there are plenty of people who can rationalize being evil in this world.

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Why are people like this? Idgi. Like, how can people so easily torture fellow human beings? How do they get pleasure from such heinous acts? I literally hate the world so much.

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
This is just sickening. All because someone wants to love another person of their own gender. Why do people have to be so hateful towards the LGBT community? How do people even become this sick and twisted?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
people forget that consensus doesn't need that long to change. so "tolerance" doesn't fucking matter if consensus starts to shift towards anti-lgbtq+ since they'll be the first ones to sign up. jfc. there are plenty of people who can rationalize being evil in this world.
I would add that being against abuse of gay people doesn't necessarily mean that they approve of same-sex attraction and/or intimacy. Or people might even support gay rights (in some form), but get upset when someone in their family turns out to be gay.

arieam

Reactions Received
Website
youtube.com
KS Coins
I would add that being against abuse of gay people doesn't necessarily mean that they approve of same-sex attraction and/or intimacy. Or people might even support gay rights (in some form), but get upset when someone in their family turns out to be gay.
yup there are plenty of people who don't see gay couples as equal to hetero ones, like when it comes to adoption. they act like overt violence is the only way to hurt a vulnerable class of people. that's why it's so important to protect their rights...

Wicked

Loaded Granny Cane Incoming!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
ARMY/Multi
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
"The Russian news site Meduza, which operates from Latvia, reported that police have not yet said whether they intend to investigate Grigorieva’s death as a hate crime."

:umjicry: :kijoongstare:

Doesn't take much of a brain to figure it out, you dinguses.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I literally have no words. May she R.I.P. When people go out looking for lgbtq people to literally hurt or kill them, that is when we need more protection for our rights.
And this is not the only shocking news involving lgbtq attacks in the past 2 or 3 months.

I feel that if LGBTQ had enough and started to push back as they did about 50 years ago, I don't think we'd be alone this time.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
@Queen (I'm tagging you because, for some reason, I am unable to quote your full post).

Anyway, while I agree, in part, with your statement, I would say that attacks against gays would be more surprising and common in certain areas than others. I would expect instances of such attacks/murders more commonly in Ukraine than I would Sweden; or more common in Southern US as opposed to Los Angeles; or China as opposed to Saudi Arabia.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
@Queen (I'm tagging you because, for some reason, I am unable to quote your full post).

Anyway, while I agree, in part, with your statement, I would say that attacks against gays would be more surprising and common in certain areas than others. I would expect instances of such attacks/murders more commonly in Ukraine than I would Sweden; or more common in Southern US as opposed to Los Angeles; or China as opposed to Saudi Arabia.
That's weird!

I get what you're saying especially since Russia in the last few years has been very anti gay. When the government is rounding people up its not surprising the people are intolerant

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
That's weird!

I get what you're saying especially since Russia in the last few years has been very anti gay. When the government is rounding people up its not surprising people are intolerant
yeah, but Putin says that Russia doesn't have problems with gays... If I could do the mental gymnastics he's obviously doing, I could lose twenty right now. lol..

But yeah; I remember when I was in university I was watching this clip on YouTube about gay pride. I think it was a Fox News piece, i'm not sure. And I commented on it and this loon replied who was on about how he thought the gay community should be rounded up into a camp with an electric fence to keep them from getting out... He later made a statement about how many of the gestapo were homosexuals and that homosexuality was a nazi thing... Yet the gays were being herded into camps and being branded with pink triangles... It was clear that he hadn't cracked a world history book in his life...

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Moa
Ship
How terrible. May she rest in peace.

I hope the criminals are put in jail for committing such disgusting and vile acts like this.

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
May she rest in piece. This is so horrible, I don't understand people who can think that loving someone of their same gender is a crime.

or China as opposed to Saudi Arabia.
I think they're just about equal in these two, considering Saudi Arabia follows Sharia Law and has no protection or recognition of homosexuality. If anything I woild expect it more in Saudi Arabia because Chinese people keep to themselves more rather than Arabs tend to

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
I think they're just about equal in these two, considering Saudi Arabia follows Sharia Law and has no protection or recognition of homosexuality. If anything I woild expect it more in Saudi Arabia because Chinese people keep to themselves more rather than Arabs tend to
erm.. I meant that China is less homophobic than Saudi Arabia. There are cultures under which "bro-mances" are acceptable and I believe men holding hands in Saudi Arabia. But kissing a guy in public would probably lead to imprisonment and actual sexual acts would lead to death. Policies such as these are not present in China; at least not to my knowledge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread