COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Announcement We are under denial of service attack. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiffany

Forever Alone
Reactions Received
Website
kpopsource.com
KS Coins
Fandom
SONE
Pronouns
Noona
A few minutes ago, i was informed that website is running slow, upon checking what could be the issue, we are under repeated denial of service attempts in trying to bruteforce our website or grind our website to a halt by initiating many requests, i have taken appropriate measures & slow loads are not an issue now and will continue monitoring the situation. Will inform/update this thread once this is over.

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I looked into what it a denial of service attack is and it seems scary. I hope it will be resolved soon :sanapray:

Thank you @Son Na Eun for doing your best <3

Tiffany

Forever Alone
Reactions Received
Website
kpopsource.com
KS Coins
Fandom
SONE
Pronouns
Noona
What sort of requests ?
They are doing hundreds of requests on our blog's login page, i believe our forum should be secure, taking backups & enabling higher security for waf just incase. Example below.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
A few minutes ago, i was informed that website is running slow, upon checking what could be the issue, we are under repeated denial of service attempts in trying to bruteforce our website or grind our website to a halt by initiating many requests, i have taken appropriate measures & slow loads are not an issue now and will continue monitoring the situation. Will inform/update this thread once this is over.
You know there was a certain forum, not this site, that was hacked yesterday or there about (I work grave shift my days are mixed up). Nice to know there are people alive on this site keeping an eye out for weird happenings. What I am trying to say is Congratulations, Way to keep on top of trouble there.

Image result for kpop congratulations gif

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
the OTHER place got hacked yesterday too and it's still not back up...the hackers be targetting kpoppies hard

I JUST WANNA GUSH OVER KOREAN BOYS LEAVE ME ALONE

Sun

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
They are doing hundreds of requests on our blog's login page, i believe our forum should be secure, taking backups & enabling higher security for waf just incase. Example below.

How about you close the signup page for a while ?

Tiffany

Forever Alone
Reactions Received
Website
kpopsource.com
KS Coins
Fandom
SONE
Pronouns
Noona
How about you close the signup page for a while ?
Its fine now, requests are being throttled and account will be locked out for 20 minutes. Our web application firewall is doing its work.

Tiffany

Forever Alone
Reactions Received
Website
kpopsource.com
KS Coins
Fandom
SONE
Pronouns
Noona
Update - I have placed ddos protection page up to mitigate layer 7 (attacks directed at forum & blog), As for server side, we will be rate limiting our ports as we are under attack there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread