• Dear Guest, take a minute or two to find out how you can help us grow! Visit the following thread to learn how - Thread Link

News Waikiki actor Son Seungwon is facing 4 years of prison time

yerewenseuljoy

Trainee
Original poster
Reaction score
the popular actor son seungwon was involved in a drunk driving accident and its not even his first time. in December 2018 he caused a car accident under the influence and tried to run away but people caught him. he didnt have a dring license cause of another accident in September. there was another actor named Jung Hwi in the same car and son seungwon tried to convince the other actor to take the blame for him. during his first trial, he asked for conditional discharge but it was denied. in his second trial the prosecutor demanded 4 years of jail sentence. his final trial is in April where the court will make their final decisions.

this guy tried to blame it on someone else and tried to flee but he was lucky i guess. compared to the BS scandal, his is just a small matter. if hes getting 4 years for drunl driving, why is seungri and friends only getting 7 years for their crimes?

blueberries

Rookie
Reaction score
Well it's 4 and 7 demand/max right? I think it will be lot less for them all in reality. Since more bridery stuff has come out, I'm leaning to think there actually will be prison sentences, before I thought they would probably end up with fine and suspended jail sentence/probation. But they are probably made examples of with harsher sentences.

blueberries

Rookie
Reaction score
For comparison, 2017 this celebrity in my country, Axel Smith got sentenced for hidden cams, pretty similar stuff. He had 29 female victims in total. He shared some of these vids he took (40 vids) in whatsup chat group with 5 other men and some of the other men were celebrities too. His sentence was 1 and 2 months suspended jail sentence (so didn't go to jail even) and 100 000 euros fine to women. The other men in the chat only got negative publicity and court treated them as witnesses instead of culprits.

Now there might be more against JJY than just filming and sharing vids. Like that's already lot, but if he was trialed in Finland like you saw from the example he wouldn't even go to jail. Of course if there is rape, date drugs, prostitution, bridery etc. he will have more crimes to be sentenced for. I think South Korea is still going to be harsher for JJY than Finland was for Axel Smith, but it might lot less than 7 years in jail.

lalaloveloona

↠soaked in bleach↞
Reaction score
Shipped With
wtf. drunk driving and a hit and run. this is just aweful. I can’t stand people like that. Like dude take some freaking responsibility for what you did.

Reactions: Dopamine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)