Discussion Unpopular k-pop opinions

Reaction score
Ship
^ I can't agree enough. That's the exact reason I got sick of bgs (and the reason I'm kind of losing interest in my ult bg). Ggs definitely have more variety, I don't get why bg stans drag them for being the 'same'.

Last edited:

Midnight

Trainee
Reaction score
Hyunas old rapping style >>> chipmunk style.

I'm okay with her chipmunk tone but I really wonder why she changed it from her nice deep tone 😒

Reactions: mirella

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
Reaction score
Not a fan of BTS' Boy With Luv MV, BUT!

I think the song was enjoyable overall - definitely far away from where they started and even from some of their more recent releases, but you know what? It was nice. And I think if they are wanting to go in a new direction then this is definitely one to aim towards.

Honestly I used to be against them changing from where they started - I was a diehard fan of anything pre-BST tbh....(still kinda am, but...) I'm willing to give them another chance if they are going to keep being them behind the new wash of colors, styles, and music.

Still going to be hard though. I just wish they'd stop featuring random Western artists, because that crap does nothing good for the songs.

Bloodbath

Flop
Reaction score
This is more about knetz when they think that Kpop will overtake Kpop/anime op.
It will never happen even with kdramas, no game no life op has almost 100M views on a random channel. I’m rewatching code geass and the first op is just so iconic and I’m so hyped just hearing it( part of it is the nostalgia). It’s so established and is huge in terms of soft power and I lost my point but yeah

ThiccDicc

Trainee
Reaction score
most of the releases this year are lackluster compare to last year tbh
i really dont like auto tone and i hope it doesnt becuase a trend
dont come for akon brand
fancy wasnt that great
signal is twice best song​

Reactions: lexus and mirella
Reaction score
I hate kpop fans but I love kpop do u see my problem

2018 was a bad year for music but 2019 seems lit so far

pledis doesn't know how to manage boy groups (everyone knows they cant manage females). they got lucky seventeen worked their butts off and that's all there is too it. lets not act like nuest would not have gotten the after school/pristin treatment had they not appeared in pd101 and done exceptionally well.

mirella

✧✦ Bewhy gottasadae ✦✧
Reaction score
Ship
Wreck
I dislike the concept of "bias" or "bias wrecker." To me, it is just cringeworthy.

Good God... I don't care who your favourite or second favourite or eighth favourite member is, okay?

WHY would you even have the mentality of picking favourites, and on top of that, taking pride in it and publicising it to everyone? The idea is so foreign to me.

Blah, blah, you're "biased-wrecked so hard" that you find it hard to stay "loyal."

Whenever I express this, people think I have a superiority complex. I really don't... I just dislike the "bias" system so strongly it makes my neck veins pop.

whatever

Trainee
Reaction score
Is it me but I have the impression that a lot of kpop idols nowadays sing the same way or have the same technique ? When I listen to old kpop songs it doesn't seem that way ? It seems more varied ?

Loki

Nugu
Reaction score
Sunmi is good and I love "Noir" is basically one of my favorites songs in the moment but she can be a little too much, her attitude seems to be not really genuine in my eyes, I can't say exactly why, I just have this impression sometimes

Reactions: Bom

lexus

☾💕
Reaction score
Ship
I hate it when male idols lift up their shirts, do hip thrusts, grab their crotch, grind on the floor, etc. Even when my favorite BG's do it (BTS is a good example), I absolutely hate it and I even cringe. To me it's just fanservice. Whenever a female idol idol something similar, she'll get shit for it. It's ridiculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)