COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Underrated Western Artist (Part 3) - Raleigh Ritchie (1 Viewer)

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
In this 3rd part we're finally gonna cover a male singer/songwriter named

Raleigh Ritchie

General Information
Jacob Basil Anderson
(born 18 June 1990) is a British actor, singer-songwriter, rapper, and record producer. As an actor, he is known for his role as Grey Worm in the television series 'Game of Thrones', and his recurring appearances in the first seasons of 'Episodes' and 'Broadchurch'. As a musician, he uses the alias Raleigh Ritchie.

Social Media
Twitter
Instagram
Facebook
Youtube

Collabs
His first collab happened back in 2006 as a vocalist on Typesun's 'The PL'.
They had another collab a year later called 'Let Me Know' which I sadly can't seem to find anywhere

Continuing with other collabs under his real name Jacob Anderson with Plan B 'I Need Love' in 2013.
A collab with Chris Loco under his stage name Raleigh Ritchie in 2016 called 'On Fire'.
And adding another one in 2017, with Stormzy 'Don't Cry For Me'.

Solo Career
He began his solos career under his stage name Raleigh Ritchie by releasing his first single called 'Stay Inside' back in 2013.
Followed by his debut EP ' The Middle Child' including 2 other songs, which was not much long after he first appeared on 'Game Of Thrones'.
1. Stay Inside
2. In Too Deep
3. A Moor

Not long after he released his next single 'Stronger Than Ever' January 2014, and again followed by his 2nd EP called 'Black And Blue'
1. Stronger Than Ever
2. Bloodsport
3. Overdose
Free Fall

Raleigh Ritchie explains how he is fighting a strong internal battle with himself and his environment. Although he has some confidence, he repeatedly second guesses himself. Even though he is at a low point in his life, he knows he will eventually overcome it, and when he does, he’ll be Stronger Than Ever.

3 months after he released a repackage album with remixes of each song and a new lead title 'The Chased'.
And 3 months after a new single called 'Birthday Girl'.

And in the same year he released another EP yet again 'Cuckoo'.
1. Cuckoo ft. Little Simz
You Make It Worse

After such a busy year of releasing music and filming scenes for 'Game Of Thrones' he didn't stop. Although he did slow down on releasing music.

He started 2015 with releasing his lead single called 'The Greatest' which he released a remix EP for as well.

This song in general is about Raleigh Ritchie and his friends boredom, irresponsible lifestyle, low paying jobs, bad decisions and sordid adventures (as judged by the older generations.)
He is content, confident and is happy to live in the present and live life to the full. He is accepting that people may look down upon their attitude and apparent laziness, but he is happy to respond to it. He believes that this free spirit that runs through his generation, makes them more liberated, free and essentially, the greatest.
However, he does worry that this greateness will be defeated by something he cannot stop. Time. He is concerned that getting old and if maturity will bring an end to some of his friendships?

A few months after another single called 'Never Say Die'.

With his new lead single 'You're a Man now, Boy' late 2015, he started a new chapter going into 2016.
He's a man now, not a boy anymore.
Which set the general mood and feeling of his full 18 songs album, which had most of his old tracks but new ones as well.
1. Werld Is Mine
2. Stronger Than Ever
3. Bloodsport
4. I Can Change
5. Keep It Simple (Ft. Stormzy)
The Greatest
7. Never Better
8. Cowards
9. A Moor
10. Young & Stupid
11. You're a Man Now, Boy
12. The Last Romance
13. Never Say Die
14. Life In a Box
15. The Chased (Ft. The Internet)
Overdose
17. Birthday Girl
18. Stay Inside

I opened the album with this, and actually opened my live shows with it on my last tour. This song takes a different tone from the rest of the album, with me talking about money, living forever, and ruling the world [laughs]. It’s about that carefree ignorance you have at a certain point where you think you can take on anything, but then you wonder why people don’t like you, and then realise it’s not sustainable.
The song is about Raleigh’s trifles with having a girl this good. He’s insecure about whether he’s good enough for her, and promises to get rid of his drug abusing tendencies so that she won’t leave him. But the irony is, how he deals with the worrying thoughts of her leaving him because of his flaw, is to do drugs.
The album peaked at #32 in the UK charts.

But even now he wasn't done in 2016. He released yet again another EP later that year after dropping his full album.
It's called 'Mind The Gap' which he takes into a totally different direction musically while still keeping the same feel.
1. Motions
Sicko
3. Liability
4. StraitJacket
5. Unicron Loev

This song is about the painful realisation that the persona is denying their self destructive tendencies. The persona is blaming their behaviour on the ‘way their mind works’, yet simultaneously feeling desperate to take control of their actions. They find relief in human comfort during this time. As Raleigh implies by writing, ‘typical gemini’, it’s a battle of dark and light forces, a dual perspective which makes it difficult for the persona to figure out what they actually want. To allow themselves to become ‘insane’, or to fight it.

Now finally, in 2017, was probably his busiest schedule with filming scenes for 'Game Of Thrones' which led to him only releasing 1 single for that year.

Still filming for the final season of 'Game Of Thrones' this year he was able to release 2 more songs.

And his most recent addition, released a week ago

A pretty long active singing career + being an actor on one of the most popular shows to exist.

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
OMG
Shame on me!! I didn't know he's a singer as well :llama_shook:
such a talented guy

Reactions Received
KS Coins
i actually really like his songs, reminds me a little bit of frank ocean.
i love him, hopefully hes on spotify :pepeheart::sanapray:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
In this 3rd part we're finally gonna cover a male singer/songwriter named

Raleigh Ritchie

General Information
Jacob Basil Anderson
(born 18 June 1990) is a British actor, singer-songwriter, rapper, and record producer. As an actor, he is known for his role as Grey Worm in the television series 'Game of Thrones', and his recurring appearances in the first seasons of 'Episodes' and 'Broadchurch'. As a musician, he uses the alias Raleigh Ritchie.

Social Media
Twitter
Instagram
Facebook
Youtube

Collabs
His first collab happened back in 2006 as a vocalist on Typesun's 'The PL'.
They had another collab a year later called 'Let Me Know' which I sadly can't seem to find anywhere

Continuing with other collabs under his real name Jacob Anderson with Plan B 'I Need Love' in 2013.
A collab with Chris Loco under his stage name Raleigh Ritchie in 2016 called 'On Fire'.
And adding another one in 2017, with Stormzy 'Don't Cry For Me'.

Solo Career
He began his solos career under his stage name Raleigh Ritchie by releasing his first single called 'Stay Inside' back in 2013.
Followed by his debut EP ' The Middle Child' including 2 other songs, which was not much long after he first appeared on 'Game Of Thrones'.
1. Stay Inside
2. In Too Deep
3. A Moor

Not long after he released his next single 'Stronger Than Ever' January 2014, and again followed by his 2nd EP called 'Black And Blue'
1. Stronger Than Ever
2. Bloodsport
3. Overdose
Free Fall

Raleigh Ritchie explains how he is fighting a strong internal battle with himself and his environment. Although he has some confidence, he repeatedly second guesses himself. Even though he is at a low point in his life, he knows he will eventually overcome it, and when he does, he’ll be Stronger Than Ever.

3 months after he released a repackage album with remixes of each song and a new lead title 'The Chased'.
And 3 months after a new single called 'Birthday Girl'.

And in the same year he released another EP yet again 'Cuckoo'.
1. Cuckoo ft. Little Simz
You Make It Worse

After such a busy year of releasing music and filming scenes for 'Game Of Thrones' he didn't stop. Although he did slow down on releasing music.

He started 2015 with releasing his lead single called 'The Greatest' which he released a remix EP for as well.

This song in general is about Raleigh Ritchie and his friends boredom, irresponsible lifestyle, low paying jobs, bad decisions and sordid adventures (as judged by the older generations.)
He is content, confident and is happy to live in the present and live life to the full. He is accepting that people may look down upon their attitude and apparent laziness, but he is happy to respond to it. He believes that this free spirit that runs through his generation, makes them more liberated, free and essentially, the greatest.
However, he does worry that this greateness will be defeated by something he cannot stop. Time. He is concerned that getting old and if maturity will bring an end to some of his friendships?

A few months after another single called 'Never Say Die'.

With his new lead single 'You're a Man now, Boy' late 2015, he started a new chapter going into 2016.
He's a man now, not a boy anymore.
Which set the general mood and feeling of his full 18 songs album, which had most of his old tracks but new ones as well.
1. Werld Is Mine
2. Stronger Than Ever
3. Bloodsport
4. I Can Change
5. Keep It Simple (Ft. Stormzy)
The Greatest
7. Never Better
8. Cowards
9. A Moor
10. Young & Stupid
11. You're a Man Now, Boy
12. The Last Romance
13. Never Say Die
14. Life In a Box
15. The Chased (Ft. The Internet)
Overdose
17. Birthday Girl
18. Stay Inside

I opened the album with this, and actually opened my live shows with it on my last tour. This song takes a different tone from the rest of the album, with me talking about money, living forever, and ruling the world [laughs]. It’s about that carefree ignorance you have at a certain point where you think you can take on anything, but then you wonder why people don’t like you, and then realise it’s not sustainable.
The song is about Raleigh’s trifles with having a girl this good. He’s insecure about whether he’s good enough for her, and promises to get rid of his drug abusing tendencies so that she won’t leave him. But the irony is, how he deals with the worrying thoughts of her leaving him because of his flaw, is to do drugs.
The album peaked at #32 in the UK charts.

But even now he wasn't done in 2016. He released yet again another EP later that year after dropping his full album.
It's called 'Mind The Gap' which he takes into a totally different direction musically while still keeping the same feel.
1. Motions
Sicko
3. Liability
4. StraitJacket
5. Unicron Loev

This song is about the painful realisation that the persona is denying their self destructive tendencies. The persona is blaming their behaviour on the ‘way their mind works’, yet simultaneously feeling desperate to take control of their actions. They find relief in human comfort during this time. As Raleigh implies by writing, ‘typical gemini’, it’s a battle of dark and light forces, a dual perspective which makes it difficult for the persona to figure out what they actually want. To allow themselves to become ‘insane’, or to fight it.

Now finally, in 2017, was probably his busiest schedule with filming scenes for 'Game Of Thrones' which led to him only releasing 1 single for that year.

Still filming for the final season of 'Game Of Thrones' this year he was able to release 2 more songs.

And his most recent addition, released a week ago

A pretty long active singing career + being an actor on one of the most popular shows to exist.
no lie, kinda cute.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread