COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Underrated Western Artist (Part 1) - Sasha Sloan (1 Viewer)

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I decided to do a little series about underrated western artists because why not and I'm sure everyone enjoys bops so let me start off the first part with an artist called

Sasha Sloan

General Information
Sasha Sloan is a singer, songwriter born March 11, 1995 in Massachusetts, United States.
She's currently 23 years old and her sign is Pisces.
Her music style is leaning towards a more Pop/R&B style with some Rock elements.
She's under the label "Good Times Recording".

Social Media
Twitter
Instagram
Facebook
Youtube

Collabs
She started her career as a singer by giving a song her background vocals in a song from 2015.
Phoenix

Two years later she collabed with ODESZA, Kygo and King Henry.
Falls
This Town
I'll Be There

For her collab with all four of them she participated as a songwriter as well.

From 2015 till now she was already a pretty active Songwriter for other artists such as

Idina Menzel ('Last Time') - 2016
Steve Aoki ('Just Hold On') - 2016
Camila Cabello ('OMG') - 2017
Alma ('Phases') - 2017
Tinashe ('Faded Love') - 2018
John Legend ('A Good Night') - 2018
Anne-Marie ('Bad Girlfriend) - 2018

and many many more.

Solo Career
She started her own solo career with the song 'Ready Yet' in 2017. Two months after the three collabs she made in the same year.

Ready Yet

She then went ahead and dropped another single a month later 'Runaway'
Runaway

Onto 2018 she released her first album ep called "sad girls".
Songs included:
(links include Music Videos)
1. Normal
2. Fall
3. Ready Yet
4. Hurt
5. Runaway
6. Here

" I wrote “Normal” at a time when I was partying a lot. I don’t think I realized it at the time, but I was avoiding all the real problems in my life by going out and pretending to be someone else. I did this a lot in high school too – most of my life I’ve felt like an outsider so I would go to parties to feel like I fit in. There isn’t a single lyric in this song that isn’t true. I’ve definitely sang along to songs I hated and made out with guys I wasn’t really into just to seem cool. “Normal” is about wanting to blend into the crowd for a night and I hope someone out there can relate. "
She didn't go much into it, she mentioned it is about her dad though.

"I think I always get scared whenever I get close to someone and that’s where this song comes from. This song is really personal for me too because it’s about my ex-boyfriend. I broke up with him recently after we had been together since I was 18. I’ve been pretty nervous to put it out because it hits so close to home and I know he’s going to hear it "
Interview about the debut EP
Here

Later this year she continued to release 4 singles.
(links include Music Videos)
The Only
Faking It
Chasing Parties
Older

"The sad girl now released a single which is about the feelings of being alone and feeling bad about ourselves for us being alone or single. This song is about a state of mind which always blames being alone and the fear of being Lonely."
"Sasha sings about faking love in a relationship. The relationship could have possibly started with her actually digging the person, but eventually, her love fell out of place. She stays despite not having feelings and it just gets her deeper in the relationship which eventually just makes it harder to leave."

I think it's worth mentioning again that she wrote most of these songs on her own or as a co-writer.

The songs I personally like the most are the last 4 singles she released. So if you decide to listen to her music after reading through this introduction, definitely check out these 4 at first.

This was the first Part of the series.
Hope you enjoyed.
See you soon again.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
OMG IVE HEARD ABOUT HER HER MUSIC IS GREAT

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread