COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Uhhmmm what is SM doing? (1 Viewer)

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
So a lot of people are now wondering what is happening in SM entertainment as a lot of things have happened and they remained quiet about it.

Yesterday this article came out on Cherry Bullet having the exact same concept in their teasers as Cherry Bomb. While I normally think that some of these accusations are a reach, this one is way too similar. Ok no one owns the 8bit concept, or the cherry concept, or the colors, but combining those all is just too much of coincidence. There are so many things you can do with 8bits, cherries, ... Many people contacted SM, cuz after all, NCT is the boy group they focus on. You would think they'd respond. But there's silence...

A few hours ago, we FINALLY got the debut date for WayV, together with the list of songs for the album. Turns out the title track will just be Regular, translated in Chinese. Why not give the new group a new song? Many NCTzens are really angry right now, because of SM's laziness. I would understand if they included it as a b-side, just like 127 had Cherry Bomb Eng. ver. as a b-side, but as a title track?

SM is currently the 3rd in the big3. BigHit is 1st, JYP 2nd. Many people expect YG to make a seriously effort and will eventually beat SM. This is not the time for SM to be lazy , they should take action. They should protect the boy group they focus on.
What do you think?

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
That's disappointing, I expected something completely new lol but oh well, I'm still excited to see Hendery and Xiao Jun in action :****
It's just so disappointing ugh. Like SM already has this vast amount of talent throughout NCT but they are just re-doing everything that was done before instead of creating something unique for each unit. There's so much more they would be able to do and SM is holding them back so much

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
That's disappointing, I expected something completely new lol but oh well, I'm still excited to see Hendery and Xiao Jun in action :****
Yup, tho now people are sharing a ss of LSM when he introduced NCT saying there will be one song translated in multiple languages. Regular already has an English and Korean version, now Chinese. It seems like it will be this song.

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
It's just so disappointing ugh. Like SM already has this vast amount of talent throughout NCT but they are just re-doing everything that was done before instead of creating something unique for each unit. There's so much more they would be able to do and SM is holding them back so much
Yep, and the song in WayV's teaser was so good

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
SM is currently the 3rd in the big3. BigHit is 1st, JYP 2nd. Many people expect YG to make a seriously effort and will eventually beat SM. This is not the time for SM to be lazy , they should take action. They should protect the boy group they focus on.
What do you think?
Umm wut? Pretty sure Bighit is still far from being in big3. What is this ranking lol ^^;

--

Eh on topic. Now I don't follow SM that closely and this probably makes most sense for those who follow NCT? Though..

I don't necessarily see problem with Cherry Bullet and Cherry Bomb similarities. It can still be different enough, Cherry Bomb was quite hip hop heavy so I'd expect final song and feel be quite different especially for girl group.

It's quite cheap to just have same song again as title for the solo stuff though, seems bit weird.

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
Umm wut? Pretty sure Bighit is still far from being in big3. What is this ranking lol ^^;

--

Eh on topic. Now I don't follow SM that closely and this probably makes most sense for those who follow NCT? Though..

I don't necessarily see problem with Cherry Bullet and Cherry Bomb similarities. It can still be different enough, Cherry Bomb was quite hip hop heavy so I'd expect final song and feel be quite different especially for girl group.

It's quite cheap to just have same song again as title for the solo stuff though, seems bit weird.
It was their income. Many argue now if they're really big3 cuz it's their first year there. Also many people are saying that they can't be because BigHit only has 1 bg (now 2) and the others have a bunch which costs a handful of money.

I think they won't copy the song (many think SM will sue them then), but still, the teasers are kinda copy-pasted.

Yes, people are quite upset with SM rn, especially since Regular is already in English and Korean and the first WayV teaser made a lot of people excited cuz the song sounded dope

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
It was their income. Many argue now if they're really big3 cuz it's their first year there. Also many people are saying that they can't be because BigHit only has 1 bg (now 2) and the others have a bunch which costs a handful of money.

I think they won't copy the song (many think SM will sue them then), but still, the teasers are kinda copy-pasted.

Yes, people are quite upset with SM rn, especially since Regular is already in English and Korean and the first WayV teaser made a lot of people excited cuz the song sounded dope
Well I personally think big3 is not about something as fleeting as yearly income, but that's just my take ^^;

Yep it seems bit weird to just keep rewarming old song. It's quite common for idols to just redo song in another language for group comebacks in these countries, but seems bit weird to use it even for solo.

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
Well I personally think big3 is not about something as fleeting as yearly income, but that's just my take ^^;

Yep it seems bit weird to just keep rewarming old song. It's quite common for idols to just redo song in another language for group comebacks in these countries, but seems bit weird to use it even for solo.
I agree tho, but many netz already see them as big3

WayV is NCT China tho ^^' it's their Chinese subunit under a different name and a different label due to THAAD

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I agree tho, but many netz already see them as big3

WayV is NCT China tho ^^' it's their Chinese subunit under a different name and a different label due to THAAD
Ah lol, it sounded like solo artist for some reason. Bit confusing to not have that NCT title, but I guess they are trying to avoid troubles. It makes more sense then for me, but I can see how it's disappointing. I have always thought new versions of same song are useless, maybe cause Korean, Japan or Chinese makes no difference for me, can't understand without subtitles xd I'd rather see artist do new stuff.

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
Ah lol, it sounded like solo artist for some reason. Bit confusing to not have that NCT title, but I guess they are trying to avoid troubles. It makes more sense then for me, but I can see how it's disappointing. I have always thought new versions of same song are useless, maybe cause Korean, Japan or Chinese makes no difference for me, can't understand without subtitles xd I'd rather see artist do new stuff.
Yes, the only thing that ties WayV to SM is that the members are signed at and trained by SM. They even have LabelV to do their promo's and such.
Yes, especially since there are already 2 Regular versions (the English was a present for fans). They did translate a Japanese song from their album as a b-side on their Korean album, but using the same song for a 3rd MV?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
So a lot of people are now wondering what is happening in SM entertainment as a lot of things have happened and they remained quiet about it.

Yesterday this article came out on Cherry Bullet having the exact same concept in their teasers as Cherry Bomb. While I normally think that some of these accusations are a reach, this one is way too similar. Ok no one owns the 8bit concept, or the cherry concept, or the colors, but combining those all is just too much of coincidence. There are so many things you can do with 8bits, cherries, ... Many people contacted SM, cuz after all, NCT is the boy group they focus on. You would think they'd respond. But there's silence...

A few hours ago, we FINALLY got the debut date for WayV, together with the list of songs for the album. Turns out the title track will just be Regular, translated in Chinese. Why not give the new group a new song? Many NCTzens are really angry right now, because of SM's laziness. I would understand if they included it as a b-side, just like 127 had Cherry Bomb Eng. ver. as a b-side, but as a title track?

What do you think?
I think they should’ve gave wayv a new song for debut and they could’ve put regular as a b-side or something

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread