COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Trump suddenly bans Travel from EU to USA for month due to poor response over Corona (1 Viewer)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Sources: Trump bans travel from Europe to the US over coronavirus
Yhdysvalloissa asuva talousanalyytikko Trumpin Euroopalle asettamasta matkustuskiellosta: ”Tietää taloustaantumaa ja vaikuttaa kostolta” (finnish)

Trump has suddenly banned travel from EU countries to USA starting from March 20. He's saying the reason is EU's poor response towards Coronavirus compared to USA. UK is excluded from the ban, but all other EU countries are included no matter how many cases they have. This means that people from EU countries won't be able to travel USA for time being although citizens from USA can still travel to EU countries even though travelling abroad is discouraged in USA right now.

Some of experts are saying that this move is revenge on EU, especially to France and Germany who Trump has had beef over trade with. The ban was sudden and EU countries nor the ambassdors of said countries were notified of it before hand. In other hand it doesn't make sense to ban travel from all EU countries, but not from UK who also has lot of cases of Corona. It's likely that this will deepen financial crisis that has been growing due to corona virus, the stock market has taken deep fall after the announcement.

--
In other news Italy has closed all the shops aparts from grocery shops and pharmacies in order to prevent spread of Coronavirus.

Multiple countries have banned large group events and closed schools.
--

Tbh, since the USA's situation is not really better than it's in majority of Europe- cases are rising in high speed and there isn't enough testing, it does seem bit petty. Travel bans do help and I think they should be encouraged from epidemia areas, but it does just seem like lot and out of nowhere to EU so seems bit like revenge. Also I wonder how EU will respond to this, will the try to negotiate with Trump or will they try to give similar response.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Sources: Trump bans travel from Europe to the US over coronavirus
Yhdysvalloissa asuva talousanalyytikko Trumpin Euroopalle asettamasta matkustuskiellosta: ”Tietää taloustaantumaa ja vaikuttaa kostolta” (finnish)

Trump has suddenly banned travel from EU countries to USA starting from March 20. He's saying the reason is EU's poor response towards Coronavirus compared to USA. UK is excluded from the ban, but all other EU countries are included no matter how many cases they have. This means that people from EU countries won't be able to travel USA for time being although citizens from USA can still travel to EU countries even though travelling abroad is discouraged in USA right now.

Some of experts are saying that this move is revenge on EU, especially to France and Germany who Trump has had beef over trade with. The ban was sudden and EU countries nor the ambassdors of said countries were notified of it before hand. In other hand it doesn't make sense to ban travel from all EU countries, but not from UK who also has lot of cases of Corona. It's likely that this will deepen financial crisis that has been growing due to corona virus, the stock market has taken deep fall after the announcement.

--
In other news Italy has closed all the shops aparts from grocery shops and pharmacies in order to prevent spread of Coronavirus.

Multiple countries have banned large group events and closed schools.
--

Tbh, since the USA's situation is not really better than it's in majority of Europe- cases are rising in high speed and there isn't enough testing, it does seem bit petty. Travel bans do help and I think they should be encouraged from epidemia areas, but it does just seem like lot and out of nowhere to EU so seems bit like revenge. Also I wonder how EU will respond to this, will the try to negotiate with Trump or will they try to give similar response.
from what i read earlier somewhere the feeling i got is that the investigators/epidemiologist found many of the cases now are from Europe.

It is super close to getting out of hand.
People are just afraid and really nothing anyone can do is going to make it better.

all the closures only make things worse in the fear department.

I still do not think much of this is needed but the governments have to do 'something ' to make it look like they are useful and in control.

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
It will spread in the US like it is elsewhere... So once again Trump will look like a complete fool.

EU countries etc will then ban US citizens from entering their country. Tit-for-tat and all that.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
It will spread in the US like it is elsewhere... So once again Trump will look like a complete fool.

EU countries etc will then ban US citizens from entering their country. Tit-for-tat and all that.
i don't know closing china travel early was a good move.
Better to stop all travel but folks would have lost their minds at that suggestion.

At the end of the day the thing is only as bad as it was in China ie sub 3 % mortality rate. (unless the Chinese are lying their asses off)

Reactions Received
KS Coins

Have you watched Trump speaking about the whole situation? Dude I thought it was stupid him calling out Californians for not racking the forests. But with this Corona situation-damn has he gone to look like the stammering village idiot. Is there anything lower then that?

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
from what i read earlier somewhere the feeling i got is that the investigators/epidemiologist found many of the cases now are from Europe.

People are just afraid and really nothing anyone can do is going to make it better.

I still do not think much of this is needed but the governments have to do 'something ' to make it look like they are useful and in control.

Some of countries have already had Corona virus cases that came from USA, not by USA citizens but by their own citizens going to USA and getting infected there. This happened in Canada and Sweden. So personally I don't think USA as country is any safer than many countries in Europe, apart from Italy. Trump boasted low numbers of infected people in USA compared to Europe, but the thing in USA is that they have had big issues of testing people so they don't rly have real numbers of who is infected and who is not. Last number I saw for tests taking in USA was 5k. In other hand it does seem like this virus will continue to also "infect" relationships between countries, Japan and South Korea have accused each other of poor response to Corona and made travel restrictions towards each other.

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
i don't know closing china travel early was a good move.
Better to stop all travel but folks would have lost their minds at that suggestion.

At the end of the day the thing is only as bad as it was in China ie sub 3 % mortality rate. (unless the Chinese are lying their asses off)
I mean, it's better to be safe than sorry for sure. But what if this virus doesn't dissipate by Spring/Summer which experts think (and hope) it might. How long will the travel bans last and how long will life be on hold for everyone etc...

Is it all an overreaction or what? The common seasonal flu kills hundreds of thousands of people each year. Are people expecting this virus to be worse than that? People can only work from home, miss school/college/University etc and businesses can only survive closure for so long. I dread to think what will happen if Spring/Summer doesn't kill off the virus...

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Some of countries have already had Corona virus cases that came from USA, not by USA citizens but by their own citizens going to USA and getting infected there. This happened in Canada and Sweden. So personally I don't think USA as country is any safer than many countries in Europe, apart from Italy. Trump boasted low numbers of infected people in USA compared to Europe, but the thing in USA is that they have had big issues of testing people so they don't rly have real numbers of who is infected and who is not. In other hand it does seem like this virus will continue to also "infect" relationships between countries, Japan and South Korea have accused each other of poor response to Corona and made travel restrictions towards each other.
The bug has been global since January and has been in all major transport hubs for more than a month.
That is another reason i am not overly concerned.

lol
Japan and South Korea have accused each other of poor response to Corona and made travel restrictions towards each other.

there is no good response to a bug that is contagious for 2 weeks before the host is symptomatic. What does any one expect to be done?

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I mean, it's better to be safe than sorry for sure. But what if this virus doesn't dissipate by Spring/Summer which experts think (and hope) it might. How long will the travel bans last and how long will life be on hold for everyone etc...

Is it all an overreaction or what? The common seasonal flu kills hundreds of thousands of people each year. Are people expecting this virus to be worse than that? People can only work from home, miss school/college/University etc and businesses can only survive closure for so long. I dread to think what will happen if Spring/Summer doesn't kill off the virus...
The more it can get contained the sooner it can die- if it doesn't have anyone new to infect it will disappear from existence. If it's not contained it might be stick around like swine flu did. So I don't think strict bans were bad, they were for trying to eradicate virus all together, but yes if the situation keeps going, the quarantines and bans will be straining and might not help anymore. But as long as the infection chains can be found I think they are best way to go.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv

From what i under stand China is already spooling back up.
companies are already into human testing on vaccines.
At this point they are closing stuff because its the easy choice. And they are REALLY afraid of being wrong.

people tried to keep folks calm but the constant barrage of data has much of the world in fight or flight mode. At least no one has gone to war over this yet. (another historical option in time of chaos.)

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
The more it can get contained the sooner it can die- if it doesn't have anyone new to infect it will disappear from existence. If it's not contained it might be stick around like swine flu did. So I don't think strict bans were bad, they were for trying to eradicate virus all together, but yes if the situation keeps going, the quarantines and bans will be straining and might not help anymore. But as long as the infection chains can be found I think they are best way to go.
Indeed. Unless China is lying, the huge quarantine efforts work.

At the end of the day, I'm thankful for the travel bans, home working, the closures of educational facilities and sports being cancelled (or played without fans attendance). All this should be really effective against the virus. Hopefully all governments implement such efforts. And let's just hope by Spring/Summer this virus become a thing of the past.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Funny how Trump is saying other countries have poor responses to it when China has been doing 200k tests per day and Korea 15k per day while the US has only done 5k to date.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Funny how Trump is saying other countries have poor responses to it when China has been doing 200k tests per day and Korea 15k per day while the US has only done 5k to date.
Yea that's kinda irking me as well. They can't even quarantine people who are infected until they know who is actually infected. But this isn't only case of USA, my country has only tested 900 so far.. there doesn't seem to be as much problem with testing (USA didn't had test kits ready or they didn't work what they had ready), but here the restrictions to get tested are too strict. They only test if you have symptoms and you have visited epidemia areas (also definition of epidemia areas is outdated) or you have symptoms and you have been in contact someone visiting epidemia areas or someone who was corona. So it's not only USA who is taking this too easy, but.. USA shouldn't really be boasting about how low it's cases are.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Yea that's kinda irking me as well. They can't even quarantine people who are infected until they know who is actually infected. But this isn't only case of USA, my country has only tested 900 so far.. there doesn't seem to be as much problem with testing (USA didn't had test kits ready or they didn't work what they had ready), but here the restrictions to get tested are too strict. They only test if you have symptoms and you have visited epidemia areas (also definition of epidemia areas is outdated) or you have symptoms and you have been in contact someone visiting epidemia areas or someone who was corona. So it's not only USA who is taking this too easy, but.. USA shouldn't really be boasting about how low it's cases are.
They're also 8th in terms of cases which is not a position for them to be boasting from anyway.

Reactions Received
KS Coins

people are dying sis, for once Trump is doing something right.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
You are comparing China population with USA :dubuwave:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
He pointed out South Korea as well, it's population is lot lower than USA's but it tests way more than USA does daily.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I can do UK to if you want being 1.5k per day which is ramping up to 8k per day while having less cases, the US is flopping because Trump fired the person who prepares for this stuff and had to hire someone else during the outbreak.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
America can't even keep people in quarantine. How many people are getting exposed just cause people refuse to stop their lives to avoid infecting others. That includes two airheaded congressmen who feel they don't need to go into quarantine because they feel no symptoms. One having been seen shaking hands with a corono positive patient (who escaped quarantine to go to a confrence). And no, depsite being incontact with both congressmen Trump will not get tested because, again, he has no symptoms so he feels he's safe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread